Spyder Garage

Default 2010 RTS wont start; full power on console

Week before last, I rode it all week. Garaged it. with trickle charge on. Went to start it an just relay clicks. The lcd console and all electrical show normal. no codes. I checked the fuses, front and under seat. nothing obvious. Battery level shows 12.83 when not on trickle charge. Battery is about 6 months old, been riding a ton before this break.

I'm out of ideas.

I'm about to call AAA to have it towed to my dealer. ugh.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

When you last rode your Spyder, is it still in gear. Just asking and if so apply the brake and try to start again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lil rabbit View Post
    When you last rode your Spyder, is it still in gear. Just asking and if so apply the brake and try to start again.

Dang-nabit ! THAT WAS IT! It now starts. Whoo hoo! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I used to be glued to this board from 2008-2012ish. I really should be hanging around here more.
    Last edited by Sopher; 06-29-2015 at 07:53 PM.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lil rabbit View Post
    also kill switch bumped?

Spyder Garage

Simple things in life will get you every time

Spyder Garage

More troubleshooting done... the bike will NOT start unless in neutral. It has never done this in its 5 year life.
    any ideas?
    Other secret mods.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It should start in gear; as long as you've got your foot on the brake...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It should start in gear; as long as you've got your foot on the brake...

That's the thing... it wont. It used to start in 1st gear with the clutch pulled in.
    I called my dealer and they said to check the micro switch that gets closed by the clutch lever. I tried that its not it.
    Other secret mods.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Something is going on...
    There are the safety switches; I would guess that it's in them.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Switch....

It has to be in the clutch switch. Manuals will start in any gear if the clutch is pulled in. The only source for the comuter to know this the clutch switch. The switch the connections or the control unit. By age I would think its in the switch or connections...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    It has to be in the clutch switch. Manuals will start in any gear if the clutch is pulled in. The only source for the comuter to know this the clutch switch. The switch the connections or the control unit. By age I would think its in the switch or connections...

I played around with the microswitch. It is the source of the problem. A replacement part;
    219800083 is like $50.
    Any other source or suitable replacement?
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Sure..try cheapcycleparts.com I order from them cheaper and faster. ..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black