Thread: Ride ideas

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Lightbulb Ride ideas

For newbies like us, we are looking to ride more and more. We've never had a bike until 3 weeks ago when we bit the bullet and got ourselves an STS. I just wondered if any of you Ohio riders have some great places to stop or see within a two hour radius of us while we are getting started on riding (not ready for a long, long ride yet). We are in Summit County Ohio and thinking about a trip to Hartville next weekend. Just wondered if you guys had any great stops for us to make along the way?
    Karen and Grant Summit County Ohio

Spyder Garage

Download app BBR lite

"Bestbikingroads.com"

Should help

Sempert out,
    Sempyder out,

Spyder Garage

Cannot give a lot of good advice about Ohio. When I lived in Ft Wayne, IN, I used to like to sneak over into Ohio (15 miles away or so) and ride the county roads through the beautiful farmland. Good stuff!

Locals will come on with great rides.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Warthers Museum

Quote Originally Posted by GrobOhio View Post
    For newbies like us, we are looking to ride more and more. We've never had a bike until 3 weeks ago when we bit the bullet and got ourselves an STS. I just wondered if any of you Ohio riders have some great places to stop or see within a two hour radius of us while we are getting started on riding (not ready for a long, long ride yet). We are in Summit County Ohio and thinking about a trip to Hartville next weekend. Just wondered if you guys had any great stops for us to make along the way?
    I have a great idea for you. Just South of Canton on I-77 is Dover. Visit the Warther Museum, the Earnet Warther Museum, it is incredible. He is said to have been the world's greatest carver and if you see what he did you may very well believe this as well. Locomotives, farm machinery and the simple wooden pliers are all incredible, nothing like it in the world. Go down 77 to the Dover Exit, turn Left, go under the highway, turn right and stay parallel to the highway, turn left about 0.5 miles where you will see the sign for Warthers and go over the bridge. It is an awesome little day trip. Close to Summit county.

Spyder Garage

I moved to Columbus after I retired and I took my first semi-long ride to Centerburg a few weeks ago and it was the best ride ever (rte 36, 612, etc...). Considering I have only had my Spyder for 2.5 months and I am not too experienced taking rides, I would say it is fun. By fun I mean, hils, curves and no cops.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GrobOhio View Post
    We are right around the corner from you in Hudson. Just bought a 2014 RT-Limited two weeks ago. We should meet up for a ride.

Holly and Sarah

Very Active Member Buckeye Bleau's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Rookies abound!

Quote Originally Posted by rookieryder View Post
    We are right around the corner from you in Hudson. Just bought a 2014 RT-Limited two weeks ago. We should meet up for a ride.

Holly and Sarah
    So good to see all these "rookies", I never rode a bike until I retired in 2014, still never owned or rode a bike until I bought a Spyder on Ebay from a Cadillac, Indian, and Polaris dealer in Florida. I had Uship.com bring it up here and park it in my garage. My first bike ride was at 62 years old, taking the Spyder to the gas station, what a day. Two months after that I discovered that I had ridden the bike over 3,000 miles and they were no more than about 70 miles from home. I cannot stay of this dag gone thing.
    Ryding in anything but snow and salt, but then that is all there is around here for now.

For those of you in Ohio, keep in mind that there is also Ohio Spyder Ryders for your pleasure. wwww.ohiospyderryders.org . They are reforming, reorganizing and rejuvenating!

For those of you in Summit county, let's get together, I am in Stark and would sure not mind seeing your Ryde and talking over a cup of coffee.

U.S. Army Viet Nam Era Vet
    2013 Spyder RT-L, Black Currant
    Trunk mount dual SS flag holder
    TricLed foam hand grips (awesome)
    Chromed Soaring Eagle License Holder
    Utopia Deluxe driver backrest
    LED fender lighting
    Fast Flash LED brake light
    Spyder Pops LED/skid plate

Spyder Garage

Default Another web site to check out

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/ This site has some nice rydes also (well at least in my area).

Dean Secord AKA seaweed
    Veteran: U.S. Air Force
    2015 RT-S SE6

My Mods:
    TricLed Turn Signal, Squared Away Sept, 2016
    SpyderPops Bump Skid, SpyderPops Missing Rock Guard, ION camera
    Show Chrome Back Rest , Show Chrome Hitch
    Leesure-lite trailer, Harbor Freight tag along trailer (sold)
    Hopnel 850 Saddlebag Liners, Hopnel 3 piece lid netset - trunk and saddlebags
    Magic Brake Strobe/Flasher, DIY LED light strips on upper and lower A frames
    BlueKnight911 Magic Mirrors, DIY superior grill, USB port, Hwy pegs,
    DIY Flag mounts for USA and US Air Force flags, Method to open Frunk and seat without using key,
    LED headlights and LED fog lights, turn signal switch safety mod