Spyder Garage

Default Loose ST-L windshield

Have any of you ST owners had issues with a loose windshield? My windshield will no longer stay in any of the higher positions, it will slip down to the lowest position within a few minutes of riding and is pretty wobbly. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and were you able to fix it or did it require dealer assistance? I'm thinking it is a warranty issue but I could be wrong and it's a simple fix........ok I'm always hoping. Thanks, Cindy

2016 F3-L Special Series Triple Black
    August 25, 2016

2014 ST-Limited
    July 2, 2014

"Just going down that long lonesome highway" and now REALLY loving every minute!!

Spyder Garage

There was a post explaining how to take it apart and add washers as spacers to put more pressure on the retainers. I also read somewhere that BRP has a repair kit that will do the same thing. I would think it is a warranty item. Your dealer may have never heard about it. You may have to have him check with BRP.
    Roger

Spyder Garage

I also think it would be a warranty issue. I have seen a couple of threads that mentioned the same problem that you are having and fixed it doing what Explorer mentioned.
    Current ride: 2013 Circuit Yellow ST-S SE5

MelloYelloSpyder

Default You Can Fix this

I had this issue on my 13 STS as well. Mine was slightly noticeable but when I added a larger CalSci windshield it happened more often. You will need to take off everything around the windshield and the pod. I also removed the dash cluster to make it easier to get at the slide rails. Once you get in there and get the slide rails off you can take those apart. They are held together by 3 bolts. You need only remove two of them and loosen the third. This will allow you to rotate the sides and pull out the mounting arms/sliders. There are two springs that go into holes and in each of those holes I put 2, 2.5mm flat washers. Reassembled and have had no issues with slippage. You can buy an upgraded spring kit for I believe to be $18.99 or go to a hardware store and get the washers (under 2.50 for 8 washers in my area). Either way the tear down is the same. Take your time and keep your screws with the panels so you no what goes where. Once the screws are removed for the pod, that slides back first and then pulls up...DO NOT TRY TO PULL THAT UP right away or you WILL BREAK THE FRONT MOUNTING TAB.