Spyder Garage

Default Sena smh10 question

This question has probably been asked and answered already, but I have yet to find the thread with the answer.
    We have just recently purchased the smh10 dual pack, updated firmware on both, no problem, paired them, no problem, paired " my" iPhone to my headset. Then my wife asks me if she can pair her iPhone to her headset separately from mine to her headset.
    My questions are, is that possible?, and if it is, does it affect the use of the intercom. If it is not possible and she uses her MP3 player instead, will that interfere with the intercom.
    I also have the sm10 transmitter, not installed yet, waiting on cable from Motorcycle Dave.
    Hope this make sense, if not someone please correct me. I would just like a smooth install and setup that my slightly tech shy wife can easily understand and use.
    Thanks for any help or advice.

Dan

Just a side note I should have included...she asked this because our music tastes are a bit different, so she would like to listen to her music independent of mine, I guess that is what the main question is.
    Last edited by Scugog58; 06-26-2015 at 09:30 AM.
    2014 RTS Cognac

Spyder Garage

Follow the instructions on pg 12 of the SMH10 for your wife pairing her phone to her headset. As I understand it if she received a call while you and she were riding it overrides intercom (same if you received a call) and if she did not want you the hear the call she would tap out of the intercom mode, do the phone call and tap back in when she ends the call. Sorry, don't know zip about MP3 stuff.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Yes, you can assign both items to your headsets. I have my GPS, ipod and my iphone. Didn't get the sm10 transmitter because I downloaded an app (tune in radio) that plays all radio stations around the world. Just remember to use multi device pairing for iphone/GPS together. Plus the intercom overrides everything. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Scugog58 View Post
    This question has probably been asked and answered already, but I have yet to find the thread with the answer.
    We have just recently purchased the smh10 dual pack, updated firmware on both, no problem, paired them, no problem, paired " my" iPhone to my headset. Then my wife asks me if she can pair her iPhone to her headset separately from mine to her headset.
    My questions are, is that possible?, and if it is, does it affect the use of the intercom. If it is not possible and she uses her MP3 player instead, will that interfere with the intercom.
    I also have the sm10 transmitter, not installed yet, waiting on cable from Motorcycle Dave.
    Hope this make sense, if not someone please correct me. I would just like a smooth install and setup that my slightly tech shy wife can easily understand and use.
    Thanks for any help or advice.

Dan