Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Digital Display - Blank

I have turned the key to start my 2013 Spyder RT Limited and the digital display turns gray but is blank. The parking brake does not engage or disengage and the Spyder will not shift in to first gear. Would anyone know what is going on? Thanks.

Spyder Garage

Dead battery or loose battery connection.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Digital display

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdr View Post
    Dead battery or loose battery connection.
    I also thought it might be a depleted battery. I put my trickle charger on it and left it for a while. The battery charger indicates it is fully charged. Tried again the same thing happened. The engine starts but does not shift in to gear and the digital screen lights up but remains gray and blank. If it starts up do you still think it is a loose connection to the battery?
    Thanks for your response. I am having the bike carried in to the shop tomorrow. I hope it is a loose connection.

Spyder Garage

So, may be it's a loose connection. I hope for you.

Spyder Garage

Don't know about '13s but my Spyder won't shift into neutral until the engine starts. Suspect battery/connection problem.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ketch View Post
    I also thought it might be a depleted battery. I put my trickle charger on it and left it for a while. The battery charger indicates it is fully charged. Tried again the same thing happened. The engine starts but does not shift in to gear and the digital screen lights up but remains gray and blank. If it starts up do you still think it is a loose connection to the battery?
    Thanks for your response. I am having the bike carried in to the shop tomorrow. I hope it is a loose connection.

I use to get this sometimes on my 2010 RT it was when the voltage of the battery. was low If it had been on a battery tender it was usually ok
    I found sometimes the engine would start and run but the screen was still blank I just hit the mode button and the screen displayed and the Spyder ran normally
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World