Spyder Garage

Default I am considering changing the fog light bulbs on my 14 RT-S

to LED.

To those of you that have done this on your 14 RT.

Is it necessary to remove the Frunk?

Lastly, was the upgrade worthwhile?

Thanks!!
    Lets ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wis2013rtltd View Post
    to LED.

To those of you that have done this on your 14 RT.

Is it necessary to remove the Frunk?

Lastly, was the upgrade worthwhile?

Thanks!!
    I swapped the bulbs on our 14 RTs. I removed the oem halogens and installed amber halogens. I did remove the frunk since access to the left side is tough with the air intake in the way. Some say it is not required to remove the frunk, I did to make it easier and ensure the covers for waterproofing were seated.

Worthwhile, for us, probably not. I have also installed the BRP HID headlights. These are a huge improvement over the stock halogen headlights. The amber fog lights now light up the area near and in front of the Spyder. The fog lights are seldom used by us.

PK
    Last edited by PMK; 09-04-2015 at 04:22 AM.

Spyder Garage

I installed HID's but no real improvement other than the color matches my HID head lights now. I understand that there is an adjustment for the fog lamps so I will see if that improves them. I took my frunk off and to do the fog lights, but it may not be necessary if you install LEDs or a different Quartz bulb.

Spyder Garage

i changed the headlight bulbs on my bike to LED'S, to do this i had to remove the headlights. i would think that after trying to fit the heat sinks that the LED bulbs have into the lamp and recovering it , that removing the frunk would be a good idea
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

I'm interested in this also.
    I replaced the headlights with HID's and now the color of the headlights and fog lights don't match.
    This irks me, but it isn't a functional difference.
    The simple truth is that since I put the HID headlights in, the fog lights are inconsequential, so for now, I've elected to just leave them off.
    If only I didn't have to remove the frunk............................................
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I'm interested in this also.
    I replaced the headlights with HID's and now the color of the headlights and fog lights don't match.
    This irks me, but it isn't a functional difference.
    The simple truth is that since I put the HID headlights in, the fog lights are inconsequential, so for now, I've elected to just leave them off.
    If only I didn't have to remove the frunk............................................
    That was one reason I opted to not have white fog lights and instead went with the amber / orange colored type bulbs.

PK

Spyder Garage

Default Links to order things

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    That was one reason I opted to not have white fog lights and instead went with the amber / orange colored type bulbs.

PK
    Does any one know where we can order some amber colored bulbs for the fog lights?
    DustBowl
    Tri-Cities, WA

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DustBowl View Post
    Does any one know where we can order some amber colored bulbs for the fog lights?
    I used Hella PN H71071072 extreme yellow bulbs.I got them on Ebay.Member PMK gave me the part number and thats what I purchased.Had them installed for about 8 months now and no problems.

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DustBowl View Post
    I picked them up at Pep Boys

PK