Spyder Garage

Default Go pro camera pro silver 3

Any suggestions on how to mount it to the bike any help would be appreciated. Cosco had a pack with the silver three for 299 with dual batteries
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

By JT dash mount abd go pro mount.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Default mirror mount

I just stuck it on top of the right hand mirror. used a fishing line for a safety run up to the dash and wrapped it around a screw. The 3M adhesive on those mounts has never come loose.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

I've got a RAM mount on my handle bars near my right hand, and also have a go pro mount on my helmet. Neither mount moves
    Grandpa Pete
    Peter & Kim Pontinen
    2020 RTL Dark Marsala

Spyder Garage

Here is how I did mine. I didn't want to use the stickies and opted for the clamp. I use a wire tie (seen in the last pic) to hold the cable up to the das. It just pushes right in and slides out when done. I got a make-your-own cable off of Amazon and made the tether to fit. To anchor it, I soldered 2 ring connectors together (after I stripped off the plastic and mushed one and opened the other) and covered it with shrink wrap. It's not the most elegant, but I only have it on when I want to record and feel more comfortable with it behind the windshield (even though bugs might get in the way). The tether is intentionally tight so if the windshield arm breaks, the camera won't swing back down onto the dash.

edit: yikes... thought the pics would stay small...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

A bit of a side question, what do you do with your "add ons" like the camera, GPS, radar detector when you park at the store/mall?

My radar detector is simple, pull out of the ram mount, unplug and put it in the frunk or my pocket, Looks like this camera is a bit more permanent.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    A bit of a side question, what do you do with your "add ons" like the camera, GPS, radar detector when you park at the store/mall?

My radar detector is simple, pull out of the ram mount, unplug and put it in the frunk or my pocket, Looks like this camera is a bit more permanent.
    If you are asking me, it take about 5 seconds to undo. The camera is only clamped on. The tether is just on the thumb screw and the wire tie that hold it up to the dash is not afixed to anything, it just slips in between the plastic panels of the dash. Undo the camera thumb screw to remove the tether, grab the clamp, unplug the usb and toss the whole thing in the trunk.
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Originally, I did the same thing that jwulf74 shows in his photo . . . the GoPro adhesive mount on my dash, and using a lanyard. After a year and a half, the lanyard saved it, because the adhesive finally failed. I went to JT's Dash Mount, using a Ram Ball Mount. It works great.

When I stop, somewhere, I loosen the ram mount and put the camera in the trunk, with the Garmin.

"Topper" is my Pearl White 2013 RT-LTD

Professional Retiree - liked it so much when I retired from the USAF, that I started another career so I could do it again!

Happy to be a member of the Maryland Spyder Web - find us at

http://www.meetup.com/MarylandSpyderWeb/

2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default GoPro Mount

Quote Originally Posted by J48cruiser View Post
    Any suggestions on how to mount it to the bike any help would be appreciated. Cosco had a pack with the silver three for 299 with dual batteries

Take a look at www.leadermotorcycle.com
    All kinds of mounts for a GoPro

Spyder Garage

I mounteds it to my helmet. Works way better as it sees what you see.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I agree with helmet mounted, as that is a dynamic position. Any other position is static, and only covers that one (camera) field of vision.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    I just stuck it on top of the right hand mirror. used a fishing line for a safety run up to the dash and wrapped it around a screw. The 3M adhesive on those mounts has never come loose.

That's what I ended up doing with it. Tried it first on the dash but the windshield tends to get the bugs which interferes with the video. Same thing happened when I used it on my 2 wheeler behind the windshield. With the camera out in the wind very few bugs find the camera lens cover. I usually use the open case with a hole drilled in the side to run a power cable to it and then no battery worries. Only run it this way in good weather. Great videos.

Spyder Garage

If you haven't already, just search for "gopro" and you'll find hundreds of posts regarding mounting the GoPro camera...mine can be found here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ighlight=gopro
    Life is too short not to enjoy the toys.

2014 RT Limited
    , White
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Zumo 590
    BRP CB Radio
    BajaRon Anti-Swaybar
    Russell Day-Long Seat
    RIVCO Flag Holders

Other Rydes:
    Segway X2

Past Rydes:
    Honda Helix
    Honda Shadow
    Piaggio MP3
    Kawasaki Vulcan
    2009 Suzuki Burgman Executive 650

Spyder Garage

Again I still think mounting it to the helmet is way better. Again it sees what you see and by turning your head you can video stuff that you would not get with a hard mounting to the Spyder.

This is how I mounted mine:

And this is the difference! You cannot get full views of stuff if it is rigid mounted. Just my opinion after trying many ways.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

...and they do come with a few different mounts so try them all! There isn't anything saying you have to pick just one and stick with it.
    2010 RT622 - Black