Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sadddlebags

Spyder Garage

hers what I put on they are bags I had on my indian chief just sitting in the shed so I put them on with the brakets that came with the bags.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Weissenbrunn, OberFranken, Bayern, Germany
    Spyder Garage

Smile Really nice setup!

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    Hello all,

Been wanting to post my solution to the saddlebags for a while, finally got a chance to snap a few photos this afternoon.

First, I think the Can Am Saddlebags look good on the bike, but for what they offer they seem way overpriced to me? And those Corbins look great! I don't even want to ask what they cost?

Here's a lower priced fix that I've been using. A pair of Yamaha Star Raider saddlebags that I had laying around. If memory serves I paid $225 for them, had to also buy a chrome bracket to install first, before mounting the bags. Walked by them one day and thought "they wouldn't look bad on the F3s?" Held the mounting bracket up next to the Spyder and the mounting holes were very close, 10 minutes with a round file and the brackets bolted right onto the Spyder. I ran the leather cross strap under the passenger seat, and in less than 1/2 an hour had my simple and very inexpensive bag solution in action. Total cost for me was zero dollars, but even if you had to buy a pair from a Yamaha dealer, you would come in way under $300 total.

OldDog mentioned in this thread that Leatherlykes should also work, and I think that they would also be an inexpensive alternative to the Can Am bags.

I'll try to put a couple of photos at the end of this, just in case any of you have some of these Star bags laying around as I did.

John C
    Peyton CO
    Hey John, your bags look super on your F3! You also have a tank bag that looks very functional, and appears to fit well on the tank top. Does it have a ring connection to the tank filler/gas cap? I'd sure like to know which bag this is, and where to find one. Thanks for the help. Best from Bavaria! Rick

Spyder Garage

Default U

Quote Originally Posted by LV2RYDE View Post
    Read my comments all the way below.
    Mine was exactly the same. Corbin replaced it.
    sorry

[/QUOTE]
    I wonder if they sent me your old bags trying to pass them off to someone else???

Spyder Garage

Default Sadddlebags

I like the Viking hard leather cover.
    Last edited by GunDoctor; 12-27-2015 at 12:29 PM.
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

I wonder if they sent me your old bags trying to pass them off to someone else???[/QUOTE]

l don't think so.

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elevatorguy View Post
    I ordered the Corbin bags from my dealer. When they arrived one of the bags bodywork looked as though they took their finger and smeared cauling around the latch and then painted over it. The other has a 5/8" gap on the lid near the back where the latch is. Looks like they came out of the mould wrong. No adjustment can be made. I waited 9 weeks for mine. Now they are back at the dealership waitng on an answer from Corbin on how to move forward. For 2K, these things should be perfect. I hope that Corbin does the right thing here and rectifies this in a timely manner.

What a horrible freakin job from Corbin. To say that I would be really upset at receiving a pile of crap like that would be an understatement. For $2K, I would expect nothing, but perfection, and those THINGS are nothing, but crap. Did they get a 5yr old kid to make these? The gap on the left one is atrocious, and there looks to be a grinding mark on the right one. The ugly smear job for the latch is the least of the garbage. Corbin better get their crap together because putting out garbage like this will get them bankrupt. They look nice on the bike, but the quality is junk. I would never buy a set like this, not even for $200.

Spyder Garage

Default Goldenpup

I continue to have major issues with my Corbin bags. I originally ordered my bags last June and when I finally got them 2 months later, they were defective very similar to the pictures posted. Big gaps in the lid and stratched latches on both sides that also caused paint chipping because they didn't fit properly and improper sealing of lids allowing water to get in. My friend bought at the same time and noticed cracking near the hinges on both bags. Dealership has had nothing but difficulty working with the company in trying to get these replaced. 7 months later, I have heard that my Corbin bags have both been finally submitted for review to be possibly be replaced under warranty. Although I loved the look and storage space in these bags, the customer support from Corbin has been less than stellar. I hope I get them back by the time I want to ride this spring!!!

Spyder Garage

I'm starting to get a little nervous. Haven't seen a positive Corbin review lately as I sit here waiting for my bags to arrive. They charged my credit card 3 months ago and haven't heard from them lately. The lag time for saddle bags was "7-8 weeks" as per the receipt. Sent an e-mail to check on the status and they are out for the holidays. They are still in business, right????

Spyder Garage

Sorry Guys and Gals but nothing beats the Corbin for looks or practicality.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Weissenbrunn, OberFranken, Bayern, Germany
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs up LeatherWorks 120 Saddlebags

Quote Originally Posted by rpatsh View Post
    I have ordered the Corbin saddlebags. 6 to 7 week production time but I think they are going to be great.

As I'm overseas it's tough to get Corbin bags, but instead looked at some cheaper solutions, that look very good, smell great as they are lovely black leather, and they have room enough to use my zipper fillers which can be taken from the bags up to your hotel room when touring for a couple of days or more. At Best Bike I found exactly what I wanted, at the right price too. Got the LeatherWorks 120s with the Easy Brackets, and they fit perfectly. Took off the passenger rails, added the rubber covers for the net that comes with the Urban Rack, and then added the Easy Brackets to the bags. That took some heavy drilling, as they have a very sturdy metal back to the 120s. But we got them mounted and now I'll just have to apply some saddle soap to keep them clean and shiny! Best from Bavaria! Rick

Spyder Garage

Just a FYI on the Corbin bags. I ordered them for my F-3S the middle of OCTOBER... and was charged the full price at that time. The estimate was 7-8 weeks. Just called yesterday and they say the bags will be shipped "by next Friday"! That will be 13 weeks IF they get shipped at that time. The good news is, the music they play while you are stuck on the phone is quite good!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JkRbbt View Post
    I'm starting to get a little nervous. Haven't seen a positive Corbin review lately as I sit here waiting for my bags to arrive. They charged my credit card 3 months ago and haven't heard from them lately. The lag time for saddle bags was "7-8 weeks" as per the receipt. Sent an e-mail to check on the status and they are out for the holidays. They are still in business, right????
    Corbin Customer service sucks. They will no longer get my business
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.

Spyder Garage

When I got my Spyder STS, I wanted to get the Corbin saddle bags. I called them up and ordered them just to receive a phone call to that I'd need to send them a side body panel so they could match the paint since they didn't have a paint code for Spyders Black.
    That's right, send them an expensive side body panel at my cost both ways. What if they scratched it? What if it didn't make it back to me?
    I decided they were nuts. After reading reviews on their quality assurance, I'm glad I passed!
    Yes they look great but for what they charge you'd think they'd do better.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JkRbbt View Post
    Just a FYI on the Corbin bags. I ordered them for my F-3S the middle of OCTOBER... and was charged the full price at that time. The estimate was 7-8 weeks. Just called yesterday and they say the bags will be shipped "by next Friday"! That will be 13 weeks IF they get shipped at that time. The good news is, the music they play while you are stuck on the phone is quite good!

I ordered my Corbins Oct 16 while at Daytona. After the 3rd ship date of Jan 15 that didn't happen I emailed Corbin and received this Email.

"Spoke to the fiberglass team. Paint shop had to redo something on
    your order. It was reprepped and getting ready for reshoot.
    should be monday-tuesday"

Ain't sounding good but hoping for the best.

Spyder Garage

Thanks, Cap'n Jim. The latest on my bags is, "Should be sent out by Friday!" It is now Wed. evening! Tick, tick, tick...

Spyder Garage

I don't mind the wait if they're fixing all the goobers like the ill fittings gaps and such.
    Last edited by capt.jim; 01-21-2016 at 10:01 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by capt.jim View Post
    I don't mind the wait if their fixing all the goobers like the ill fittings gaps and such.

Spyder Garage

I have an F3S and really fancy a set of the Corbins, how much do they realistically hold?

Ant

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Elevatorguy;1064460]I ordered the Corbin bags from my dealer. When they arrived one of the bags bodywork looked as though they took their finger and smeared cauling around the latch and then painted over it. The other has a 5/8" gap on the lid near the back where the latch is. Looks like they came out of the mould wrong. No adjustment can be made. I waited 9 weeks for mine. Now they are back at the dealership waitng on an answer from Corbin on how to move forward. For 2K, these things should be perfect. I hope that Corbin does the right thing here and rectifies this in a timely manner.

[/Q

I just installed my Corbins yesterday after a 13 week wait. I would post my picture, but they appear to be EXACTLY the same as the ones in this pic, Right one is perfect and the left one has the gap. Identical! Something wrong with their mold? Hardware? Certainly something wrong with their QC if they aren't getting it right after several rejections. I could make a bit stink, I suppose, but it took 13 weeks to get them on the first attempt. Love the design and capacity, but fercryinoutloud...!

Spyder Garage

RPATSH

Any chance you can post a picture of the back end as a few people have said about the poor fit if the lids etc, did you get that with yours?

Ant

Spyder Garage

Thought I would share some of the pictures of the issues I have had with my corbin bags that I returned to the company. As I said in my prior post, hinges do not latch appropriately causing marks on metal plate and paint chipping, major gaps in the door causing leaking. I hope that Corbin does the right thing and replaces both of them as this is how they came to me early last summer.
    In answer to your question about the space, they are very spacious!!! Just wish they could get their design figured out!
    Last edited by Goldenpup; 02-06-2016 at 08:13 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Nice BUT no quality control

No way you or anyone else should have to pay 2 grand for their shoddy product.
    Hope they pull their heads out, and refund your money or replace them with a quality product.
    Heard great things about their company, but this shows poor workmen ship and a company that doesn't stand behind the product is not a good company.
    I wish the best for you.
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Default got Mine Today

My Corbin Fleetliner bags came in and the Corbin Ormand Beach shop installed them today. The left bag is kicked out, and sits higher than the right. Defiantly not as shown in their ad on how they should look when mounted.
    Last edited by doctorlbug; 02-03-2016 at 02:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Glad you got a good set, hopefully the company will help out those who got a bad set.
    Enjoy them.
    DJ
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Default How is left hand side

Quote Originally Posted by doctorlbug View Post
    My Corbin Fleetliner bags came in and the Corbin Ormand Beach shop installed them today. Great looking bags, worth the wait.
    How is left hand side ?
    any gaps or exactly as right hand side? Does it securely lock or looks locked but when you pull it up it will open ?
    look at pictures posted above, and compare with yours.
    im asking because of safety not look.

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet