Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sadddlebags

Spyder Garage

Default Did you receive another fixed one

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenpup View Post
    Thought I would share some of the pictures of the issues I have had with my corbin bags that I returned to the company. As I said in my prior post, hinges do not latch appropriately causing marks on metal plate and paint chipping, major gaps in the door causing leaking. I hope that Corbin does the right thing and replaces both of them as this is how they came to me early last summer.
    In answer to your question about the space, they are very spacious!!! Just wish they could get their design figured out!
    i had same exact as I mentioned here in old post.
    Did Corbin fixed it?

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

I ordered my corbin bags through our local dealership and we still have not heard if the two bags are being replaced under warranty. I can't believe it if I get stuck with any bill over this! In repsonse to your question about locking, both of mine locked after you pushed down twice on them so the latch actually fell into the correct hole on the other end! It appears that the latches were too small for the lid and were not lined up appropriately to latch properly when you lowered the lid. Once you pushed again on it, the lid would latch, but because they were not aligned correctly, I had a bunch of stratches on my chrome plate and the rest of the lid didn't seal all the way and leaked when riding in the rain!!

Glad to hear the prior posting received his new bags and they work! Any suggestions on next steps as it is very difficult to get a timely response from this company? Myself and the dealership have provided everything that has been asked of us.

Spyder Garage

Default Be careful

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenpup View Post
    I ordered my corbin bags through our local dealership and we still have not heard if the two bags are being replaced under warranty. I can't believe it if I get stuck with any bill over this! In repsonse to your question about locking, both of mine locked after you pushed down twice on them so the latch actually fell into the correct hole on the other end! It appears that the latches were too small for the lid and were not lined up appropriately to latch properly when you lowered the lid. Once you pushed again on it, the lid would latch, but because they were not aligned correctly, I had a bunch of stratches on my chrome plate and the rest of the lid didn't seal all the way and leaked when riding in the rain!!

Glad to hear the prior posting received his new bags and they work! Any suggestions on next steps as it is very difficult to get a timely response from this company? Myself and the dealership have provided everything that has been asked of us.
    mine even when locked, with speed they opened. And that is when I called Corbin direct and gave threat to take it further for my safety. Also, when you lock it, put your finger between body and lid, it will open.
    I still can't believe that Corbin after all these complains, are ignoring them and keep sending the bad ones. It is not cheap bags...
    I'm going to post new one, big cry/shout to Corbin. It may stop new F3 owners from facing same issues.

F3S - 2015 magnesium (BR windshield, heated grip, USB, extra 12 V, Zumo 590), backrest, saddlebags, floorboards. Laser alignment.
    ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

You all might want to take a look at this post.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...Fair-treatment
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Hope they do you better than this member http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...orbin-2000-for

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default well worth the wait...

Quote Originally Posted by rpatsh View Post
    They all look good! Each type has good and bad with them.
    They look good on your bike, well worth the wait...
    CFUZZIMAN

"Dying young at a very old age"

Spyder Garage

Default Did you receive it

Quote Originally Posted by capt.jim View Post
    I ordered my Corbins Oct 16 while at Daytona. After the 3rd ship date of Jan 15 that didn't happen I emailed Corbin and received this Email.

"Spoke to the fiberglass team. Paint shop had to redo something on
    your order. It was reprepped and getting ready for reshoot.
    should be monday-tuesday"

Ain't sounding good but hoping for the best.
    Did you receive yours?

ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Default Update

Quote Originally Posted by Elevatorguy View Post
    I ordered the Corbin bags from my dealer. When they arrived one of the bags bodywork looked as though they took their finger and smeared cauling around the latch and then painted over it. The other has a 5/8" gap on the lid near the back where the latch is. Looks like they came out of the mould wrong. No adjustment can be made. I waited 9 weeks for mine. Now they are back at the dealership waitng on an answer from Corbin on how to move forward. For 2K, these things should be perfect. I hope that Corbin does the right thing here and rectifies this in a timely manner.

Any update regarding your bags?
    we are all posting under Corbin $2000 saddlebags- not fair treatment.

ST Limited 2014
    Bajaron Sway-bar
    laser alignmet

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Saddle Bags and Backrest

Quote Originally Posted by rpatsh View Post
    Where there is a will, there is a way!
    I have ordered my Corbin Saddle Bags(10 weeks ago) and I have a BRP passenger backrest.
    What's the secret to mounting the two?

Bootie-The Grievous Angel
    2015 F3-S, ISCI Handbrake, F4 32" Windshield, Zumo 660 GPS, Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bootie View Post
    I have ordered my Corbin Saddle Bags(10 weeks ago) and I have a BRP passenger backrest.
    Just follow the instructions. Really quite easy. ( I was able to do it! ) You will have to replace the passenger hand rail bolts with the Corbin studs. Do them one at a time and you shouldn't have any problem and won't have to disassemble anything. Good luck!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LV2RYDE View Post
    Did you receive yours?
    Nope, I didn't
    Talked to the Daytona store for the 5th time on Feb. 4th where I ordered them.
    They said they would call me the next day with some info.
    Haven't heard a thing and not holding my breath.
    It will be 4 months in another week, getting ready to call my CC company.

Spyder Garage

Default How do you keep these from getting into the rear wheel? Any pics?

Quote Originally Posted by llyrad View Post

Spyder Garage

Default HOW DO YOU LIKE THE EASY BRACKETS

Quote Originally Posted by DrJohn View Post
    I just ordered from West End Motorsports:

1 x Easy Brackets

Detachable Saddlebag Supports
    for '15-Up Can-Am Spyder F3 and F3S (SPDR-R1) = $142.18

1 x All American Rider
    Futura 2000 Detachable Slant Saddlebags
    -XX-Large, Plain (3501-0648) = $126.18

John
    Any problems keeping the bags away from the rear tire? Or any other issues for that matter? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by capt.jim View Post
    Nope, I didn't
    Talked to the Daytona store for the 5th time on Feb. 4th where I ordered them.
    They said they would call me the next day with some info.
    Haven't heard a thing and not holding my breath.
    It will be 4 months in another week, getting ready to call my CC company.
    Dont hesitate. Call your cc company and get a refund. No if's, and's, or but's, they will come delivered with problems. I had a second set delivered and they had the same issue as the first. Horrible QA department.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bootie View Post
    ​Don't

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderRush View Post
    The bags have a stiff panel facing the wheel that helps keep its shape. As well though, I remove the handles and made small plates of pvc type material with holes drilled that allow them to mount to where the handles are. But the straps are designed to keep them from moving at all.

Attached Images Attached Images