Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sadddlebags

Spyder Garage

Default Sadddlebags

I have ordered the Corbin saddlebags. 6 to 7 week production time but I think they are going to be great.
    2015 F3s White

BRP Drivers and Passenger backrest
    Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

Nice! Congrats . They are good looking bags. Would love to see some in person, although they are WAAAAY over my budget. I am thinking of going with soft bags that get thrown over the back seat. At least for the foreseeable future.
    2015 Spyder F3-S SM6

Spyder Garage

Default Leatherlykes

Has anyone considered adapting Leatherlyke bags to the F3? They are relatively inexpensive and come in two styles. You would have to fabricate brackets,but I think it would be do-able.
    www.leatherlyke.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Before I installed the ammo cans, I needed bags for Spyderfest. I bought Chase Harper ET 4000 saddlebags from Motorcycle Superstore for $189.89 delivered. they are very big. I had to make some brackets to keep the bags from hitting the swingarm. They are very nice, but my hard, waterproof bags are better.

Spyder Garage

I like these along with their Easy Brackets

http://www.greatbikegear.com/index.p...therworks.html
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.

Spyder Garage

They all look good! Each type has good and bad with them.
    2015 F3s White

Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rpatsh View Post
    They all look good! Each type has good and bad with them.
    The long wait for Corbin has been pretty much a standard thing with them.

When I bought the fairing for my 2008, I had to wait almost 3 months. It was worth the wait--IMO.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The key is to add some storage to the F3 to make it a real multipurpose travel bike. The budget can set how fancy or not you make the product.
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Saddlebags

I have ordered the Corbin saddlebags. 6 to 7 week production time but I think they are going to be great.
    I ordered those saddlebags well however if you purchased the oem passenger backrest you will not be able to use it .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesuriff View Post
    I ordered those saddlebags well however if you purchased the oem passenger backrest you will not be able to use it .
    Where there is a will, there is a way!
    2015 F3s White

Blue Ridge windshield
    Corbin Saddle Bags

Spyder Garage

We love ours.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

How much can you put in these Corbin bags. Can you put a full face helmet in?? Hard to tell from a picture.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chrisad50 View Post
    How much can you put in these Corbin bags. Can you put a full face helmet in?? Hard to tell from a picture.
    No, half helmet at best. On the right bag I carry a good size tool bag and my jacket. Helmet goes in the trunk or on my lidlox.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Probably a question for Lamonster, since he has both Corbin items on his F3:
    I have the CanAm F3 removable passenger backrest. Does the Corbin Dual Touring saddle or the Corbin saddlebags interfere with the fit of the backrest?
    Also, it looks like the Corbin saddle is one piece. How does this work with the factory passenger seat (ignition key unlock) system??
    Last edited by chrisad50; 06-29-2015 at 09:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Saddlebags

Hello all,

Been wanting to post my solution to the saddlebags for a while, finally got a chance to snap a few photos this afternoon.

First, I think the Can Am Saddlebags look good on the bike, but for what they offer they seem way overpriced to me? And those Corbins look great! I don't even want to ask what they cost?

Here's a lower priced fix that I've been using. A pair of Yamaha Star Raider saddlebags that I had laying around. If memory serves I paid $225 for them, had to also buy a chrome bracket to install first, before mounting the bags. Walked by them one day and thought "they wouldn't look bad on the F3s?" Held the mounting bracket up next to the Spyder and the mounting holes were very close, 10 minutes with a round file and the brackets bolted right onto the Spyder. I ran the leather cross strap under the passenger seat, and in less than 1/2 an hour had my simple and very inexpensive bag solution in action. Total cost for me was zero dollars, but even if you had to buy a pair from a Yamaha dealer, you would come in way under $300 total.

OldDog mentioned in this thread that Leatherlykes should also work, and I think that they would also be an inexpensive alternative to the Can Am bags.

I'll try to put a couple of photos at the end of this, just in case any of you have some of these Star bags laying around as I did.

John C
    Peyton CO
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default johny...

Johny, can you also post some pictures from back of the bike.. how it looks like?
    how about mounting them on and off? it this more like permanent solution or you can just undo several screws and they are gone?
    any dirrect link to those yamaha style bags?
    thanx mat.. good post...

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice option!

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    Hello all,

Been wanting to post my solution to the saddlebags for a while, finally got a chance to snap a few photos this afternoon.

First, I think the Can Am Saddlebags look good on the bike, but for what they offer they seem way overpriced to me? And those Corbins look great! I don't even want to ask what they cost?

Here's a lower priced fix that I've been using. A pair of Yamaha Star Raider saddlebags that I had laying around. If memory serves I paid $225 for them, had to also buy a chrome bracket to install first, before mounting the bags. Walked by them one day and thought "they wouldn't look bad on the F3s?" Held the mounting bracket up next to the Spyder and the mounting holes were very close, 10 minutes with a round file and the brackets bolted right onto the Spyder. I ran the leather cross strap under the passenger seat, and in less than 1/2 an hour had my simple and very inexpensive bag solution in action. Total cost for me was zero dollars, but even if you had to buy a pair from a Yamaha dealer, you would come in way under $300 total.

OldDog mentioned in this thread that Leatherlykes should also work, and I think that they would also be an inexpensive alternative to the Can Am bags.

I'll try to put a couple of photos at the end of this, just in case any of you have some of these Star bags laying around as I did.

John C
    Peyton CO
    Very nice! They look very good on the bike.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

For the moment I have a set of Nelson Rigg saddlebags and top case. They're OK...for the price. Then again the saddlebags were 1/10th the price of the factory bags, and perhaps 1/12 that of the Corbins. They're OK but since they aren't solidly mounted you can't put much weight in them. I'll probably keep them for now, but if I was doing it over again I'd spend a few more bucks and go for the Great Bike Gear brackets.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They really look good and seem made to order for the F3. I like the way they sit further back - better location than my Givi side cases.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

I love mine

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    Johny, can you also post some pictures from back of the bike.. how it looks like?
    how about mounting them on and off? it this more like permanent solution or you can just undo several screws and they are gone?
    thanx mat.. good post...
    Martin,

Raining here yesterday, I'll take a photo from the rear and send it later today. As far as a link, this looks like the ones I have installed;

Product Details

And you will need these support bars too,

Product Details

John C

Spyder Garage

Smile Saddlebags

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    thanx mat.. good post...
    Hello,

I've had a couple of request for photos from the rear of the trike. From the rear, they look OK, nowhere near as sexy as those Corbins, but OK. Myself, I love the way the Corbin's give the F3 that bagger look. But I also like the way that $1,700 dollars looks in my pocket! Here are the shots from the back of the Spyder, and I took a close-up to try and show how the bags grab the support bar with a strong clamp that comes attached to the rear of the saddlebags.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My corbin bags get delivered tomorrow ,I am very excited.lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by John C View Post
    Hello,

I've had a couple of request for photos from the rear of the trike. From the rear, they look OK, nowhere near as sexy as those Corbins, but OK. Myself, I love the way the Corbin's give the F3 that bagger look. But I also like the way that $1,700 dollars looks in my pocket! Here are the shots from the back of the Spyder, and I took a close-up to try and show how the bags grab the support bar with a strong clamp that comes attached to the rear of the saddlebags.
    Is it safe to assume that the stock bolts for the passenger grips can be reused to install these?

2015 F3-S SE6, Pure Magnesium Metallic
    12V Power Outlet
    Battery Tender Pigtail
    Blue Ridge Windshield

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesuriff View Post
    My corbin bags get delivered tomorrow ,I am very excited.lol
    Mine were delivered today, as well. Get them installed? What color did you get? I was expecting the additional strut color would match the frame color (red/orange in my case), but they didn't - they were black. I also had to go buy a tap and die kit, because the threaded hole on the strut appeared to be tapped from the bottom side and wasn't clean on the side the bolt goes into, either thread-wise and powder coat-wise. There was no way a bolt was going in that hole until I tapped it from the proper direction. Other than that hiccup, the install went rather smoothly and they look great!

- Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)