Thread: Blue Ridge fix

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Blue Ridge fix

Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tell us more please - top shield details Manufacturer/model?

Number of inches top raised/tilted? - did you fab or buy ready made shield front tilt raising bracket?

Wind effect to head, body, hands and noise at highway speeds?

Your height/inseam?
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I made the bracket to raise the rear 2 inches. I also welded small tabs to upper part of bracket so it bolts up tight and doesn;t just pinch the rubber washer. Far more sturdy than original. The windshield extension is RS-S windshield that came that bike in 2011. I just polished the black paint off and mounted where I thought it would work best. I'm 5' 10 the improvement is amazing. I ride around here on freeway at 75mph or side roads at 55mph. It would be nice if it was a little wider at the top, but there is only slight buffeting without a helmet, and none with one. I was going to go with F4 customs, but right now this does everything I want and it didn't cost anything. I clamped the RS windshield to the Blueridge and used the existing holes to mount. I used SS button head bolts with SSwashers, and SS nylok nuts. Hope this helps.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Machinegunner View Post
    I made the bracket to raise the rear 2 inches. I also welded small tabs to upper part of bracket so it bolts up tight and doesn;t just pinch the rubber washer. Far more sturdy than original. The windshield extension is RS-S windshield that came that bike in 2011. I just polished the black paint off and mounted where I thought it would work best. I'm 5' 10 the improvement is amazing. I ride around here on freeway at 75mph or side roads at 55mph. It would be nice if it was a little wider at the top, but there is only slight buffeting without a helmet, and none with one. I was going to go with F4 customs, but right now this does everything I want and it didn't cost anything. I clamped the RS windshield to the Blueridge and used the existing holes to mount. I used SS button head bolts with SSwashers, and SS nylok nuts. Hope this helps.

Great - thank you for sharing!
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Wow, neat! I realized (too late) that the Blue Ridge windshield I bought is not tall enough. Maybe I will try something like this! Thanks for the idea
    2015 Spyder F3-S SM6