Thread: Corbin seat

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Corbin seat

Has anyone else tried the Corbin saddle for your f3. Mine arrived Monday. Looks amazing on the bike and off except for one problem I've attached pictures of the giant gaps around the tank on the front of the seat anyone else had this issue?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

You can get a feel for the kind of gaps that I have with my Corbin from these pictures. Can't quite tell how this compares to yours. I never noticed if it was an excessive gap, so I'd say that what I've got didn't strike me as something much out of the ordinary. I have noticed that it was a different gap than the stock seat, but nothing significant. I didn't ride the Spyder to work, so this is the best I have at the moment.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435166243.162731.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435166272.662087.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

My new F3 Corbin seat has the same gap but all else seems to fit OK. I have noticed that with a passenger the rear seat height tends to be too high and makes a difference in the handling,
    top heavy. I guess BajaRon can cure that
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Update

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGTL View Post
    You can get a feel for the kind of gaps that I have with my Corbin from these pictures. Can't quite tell how this compares to yours. I never noticed if it was an excessive gap, so I'd say that what I've got didn't strike me as something much out of the ordinary. I have noticed that it was a different gap than the stock seat, but nothing significant. I didn't ride the Spyder to work, so this is the best I have at the moment.

Mine is sitting a full inch off the tank at the front edge of the seat. Thanks for the info if that sounds about right let me know please. Much appreciated. Before I beat on Corbin for a new seat with better gaps figure I should do my diligence.
    Last edited by Pistol7745; 06-24-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Spyder Garage

Now that you mention it... The front of my seat does sit a bit high, too. I don't notice it because of the tank bag. However, when I sit on the seat, the gap closes up quite a bit. Since the Corbin seat uses a couple of thin tangs to slide into the two slots, rather than something with some thickness, the front of the seat will have a little bit of flexibility vertically.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435187691.968481.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    - Carl

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Now that you mention it... The front of my seat does sit a bit high, too. I don't notice it because of the tank bag. However, when I sit on the seat, the gap closes up quite a bit. Since the Corbin seat uses a couple of thin tangs to slide into the two slots, rather than something with some thickness, the front of the seat will have a little bit of flexibility vertically.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435187691.968481.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'd take ur fit over mine. But thank you for looking extra. Helpful in talking to them.

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had a Corbin on my Honda F6B motorcycle.It was so tight against the plastic covers that I had to remove the seat all the time to access the covers.It was a pain in my ass

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

Your seat looks longer font to back than the stock seat. Is that true?
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Not really sure - haven't measured it for comparison. I do feel like I sit further back in it - haven't figured out if it's my imagination or reality.

- Carl

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Bigtime GAP

i also just received my new Corbin seat for my 2015 F3-S. There is a HUGE gap in the front...so much that I can fit a good portion of my hand into it. I double checked to make sure that I installed everything correctly but still no luck. I have contacted Corbin but so answer yet. I also bought 2 backrests for my wife and I...so I spent about $1500 on the whole set up. I wonder if they actually have an F3 to fit it on so they can have a good template or did they just try to wing it. No happy at all. Has anyone that has this problem have a fix? I'm getting desperate.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yep Corbin has been slipping in the quality control for awhile now

Spyder Garage

My Corbin fits better and is for sale.. PM me for a deal on seat and backrest.
    2015 F3 SE6 Black and Chrome, Smoothspyder Backrest and more to come.

Spyder Garage

Another Corbin masterpiece?????

Spyder Garage

With all the negative post with Corbin I am amazed that people are still giving them their hard earn money...Hope you get it work out!!!!!
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

I am also stunned that fellow members are still giving Corbin their hard earned money! Lamont needs to step in here. They are a sponsor on this site. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikind7 View Post
    My Corbin fits better and is for sale.. PM me for a deal on seat and backrest.
    Sent you a PM

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Another example of Corbin anxious to sell but not willing to work with their customer to get things right. And they have a no refund policy so they take away all your leverage. I also bought from them, but never again.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Hebert6615 View Post
    i also just received my new Corbin seat for my 2015 F3-S. There is a HUGE gap in the front...so much that I can fit a good portion of my hand into it. I double checked to make sure that I installed everything correctly but still no luck. I have contacted Corbin but so answer yet. I also bought 2 backrests for my wife and I...so I spent about $1500 on the whole set up. I wonder if they actually have an F3 to fit it on so they can have a good template or did they just try to wing it. No happy at all. Has anyone that has this problem have a fix? I'm getting desperate.

Considering purchasing the corbin seat. Did you ever get a response from them on this issue?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cajunshredder View Post
    Considering purchasing the corbin seat. Did you ever get a response from them on this issue?
    Corbin WILL NOT answer you about the gap! They know about it. They just don't give rats ass about you. Because they already have your money! But as long as people are still forking over their money. They will not fix it. Corbin! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin troubles

I've seen on two or three forums other than this one the troubles people have had with Corbin products. Saddlebags, seats you name it and there has been a disturbing pattern of shoddy quality and poor customer service for the last several years now. My last custom seat was an Ultimate Seat and they seemed to want to bend over backwards to please the customer.