Spyder Garage

Default Flash pass garage opener

Anyone install a flash to pass garage door opener and have some tips? Looking to install on my 2015 RT SEA SS. I believe I need to locate the high beam wire for trigger.

Thanks for any assistance and love this forum!

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk
    2015 SE6 SS

Elka Stage 2 front and rear shocks
    Lamonster Web Pegs
    General Altimax RT43 Rear Tire
    Lamonster LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Baker Wings
    Bajarons Sway Bar & Links
    Custom Dynamics Fender, Bright Sides and HMT Brake Lt
    Zumo 590
    CB
    Spyder Mudflap
    Lamonster drink holder
    Foam Grips
    Billet Axle Covers
    Stebel Air Horn
    SpyderPops Bumpskid
    SpyderPops belt guard
    SpyderPops Kotte Grills
    TriCLED LED Driving lights
    Magic Mirrors

Spyder Garage

Default garage opener

[QUOTE9;995419]Anyone install a flash to pass garage door opener and have some tips? Looking to install on my 2015 RT SEA SS. I believe I need to locate the high beam wire for trigger.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I used industrial strength velcro and installed my regular opener under the pull out safety card.

Spyder Garage

I had mine installed at the dealer but they wired it to the 'passing' light. Toggle down from the low beam. It's a great addition to my spyder, we have it on all the bikes and works great. Penny

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ceyer69 View Post
    Anyone install a flash to pass garage door opener and have some tips? Looking to install on my 2015 RT SEA SS. I believe I need to locate the high beam wire for trigger.

You don't need to wire it to the headlights. It is a whole lot easier to locate a 12vdc source then to a momentary weatherproof pushbutton switch. The other side of the switch goes to one of the flash to pass black wires and the other black on the flash to pass goes to ground.

By doing it this way you are saving wear and tear on the shutter system in the headlight.
    Last edited by Doc - Riverside; 06-21-2015 at 04:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the suggestions!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    You don't need to wire it to the headlights. It is a whole lot easier to locate a 12vdc source then to a momentary weatherproof pushbutton switch. The other side of the switch goes to one of the flash to pass black wires and the other black on the flash to pass goes to ground.

By doing it this way you are saving wear and tear on the shutter system in the headlight.
    Great idea! Thanks!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ceyer69 View Post

Do you have one in hand? It looks like they are no longer available, not on home site nor three retailers I checked.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I have these on all my bikes, they work great with better range than the remote that came with the opener.

http://www.mo-door.com/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Do you have one in hand? It looks like they are no longer available, not on home site nor three retailers I checked.
    Try this. http://www.f2ptechnologies.com/products/

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc - Riverside View Post
    The buy button on the product page takes you to a 404 error page. Shopatron home and clients page doesn't show f2p either.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Already had.

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post

I removed it from the wing before getting the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

Default I tied mine into the fog lights

I tied my opener (AutoSwitch garage door remote Activator AS-7G) in my fog lights. One toggle on/off and the door opens. Once in awhile it gets temperamental and I have to do the switch on/off a couple of times. Works well for me and eliminates the headlight shutter issue.

On my 2012, I just used an old remote wired to a momentary contact button - that works well and is less costly....lots of good options out there. Good luck!
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I just got a small remote and velcroed on the side of the glove box on the inside. works great and takes almost no room.

Bill C.