Spyder Garage

Default my girlfriend's first ride

I finally broke down and gave into my granddaughter's pleas. She went for her first Spyder ride this morning. She is old enough to have been hounding me for 2 years to take her for a ride. Grandma, Dad and I talked about it a little bit and we decided a short ride through the neighborhood would be ok. So we wrapped her up in grandma's mesh armor and my newest, smallest helmet and around the block we went. Took it nice and slow and she giggled most of the way. I taught her how to use the Bluetooth and we just left it open and she told me about her experience as we were riding. I think I created a monster, she loves it. After I took her through the neighborhood she wanted more so we took a little ride out on the back roads to a little area we call the deer track. It is only about 3 miles from the house but it is like being out in the country. We live on the edge of town, about 3 short blocks and we are in the country, or at least agricultural land. As I turned around to take her home she said she wanted to keep going. She was doing fine and I was making sure she was ok and every time I asked she said she was having fun. I guess we put in about 35 miles before she was ready to head for home. She has had that same silly grin I get riding ever since we got home.

Looks like it is time to head to the local motorcycle shop and find her a helmet and some armor. She is pretty much locked in by the passenger and rider back rests and she keeps a good hold on the grab handles. Her older brother started riding with me a year younger than her but he is big for his age. He will be 13 this summer and is taller than grandma and just about as tall as me. His dad is taller than I am by about 4 inches and I expect the boy to be taller than he is. Grandma has some new competition for the passenger seat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

Default now that is a great post

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

You are officially the cool Grandapa hawkiii.

First time I took my niece for a ride, she was 7 or 8. She talked about it to her friends for a week. She is a tall girl so it was easy for her to reach the foot pegs on the RSS.

You better be careful, it won't be long before she wants to be the one holding the handlebars.

Spyder Garage

Fun!

Before you know it, she'll want one for herself!

-Fratz

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i have been taking my granddaughter for years she love it this is her on my first Can-am

Spyder Garage

For years now, when my son tells the kids "we are going to visit grandpa" their response has been "the one with the Spyder motorcycle?".. Puts the other grandparents at a competitively disadvantage.. And when ever they visit they refuse to go home until they have been been for a Spyder ryde..
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

These memories will always be priceless... for ALL of you!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Same thing happended with all four of my grandchildren. They can't wait to visit so they can ride on the spyder or one of my husbands two wheels. We now have extra helmets,gloves, jackets, etc. Yesterday my granddaughter told me she had forgotten how much fun it is. Can't wait for them to be older so we can really go places with them. Penny

Spyder Garage

Default Granddaughter rides!

Oh yes...my granddaughter loves it too! Check out the helmet, gloves and look. (No, this isn't what she went riding in but it's so damn cute!)

Spyder Garage

Cute pictures folks. Back in the 60's my sons were driven around the big yard on my Honda Dream 305. They would straddle the tank, put their hands on the bars, and say vroom, vroom.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Start 'em young! Be careful. She'll want you to give it to her as soon as she's legal.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)