Spyder Garage

Default from Germany with high-pitched peep sound

first, I want to comment briefly on Can-Am customer service. bout 10 days ago, shortly after I had purchased used my 2013 st-ltd I started noticing a few issues. Foremost was the anbearable heat for which , after an e mail, I recieved the case number. Than a howling sound from the belt, as well as starting issues. Turns out that these issues had already been part of some can am bulletins, purge valve was fixed by dealer, tension was a tad to low on the belt, also taken care off.
    and yesterday I picked up my 'bitie spydie', with new panels ! what a difference! coodos to can-am customer service, coodos to my dealer QJC in Bruehl, Germany.

now to my new issue. A VERY HIGH PITCHED PEEP SOUND COMING FROM ENGINE COMPARTMENT. THIS SOUND DISSAPPEARS AS SOON AS I TURN ON IGNITION. BRAKE ON,
    ENGINE OFF, KEY OUT, AND ITS BACK!

ANY IDEA ANYONE?

Regards, from Peter in old Germany

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PEEPING

I've had this occur occasionally with my 2014 RT. My guess is, although you are seeing the " BRAKE " symbol light on the dash , it's not really activated or fully activated. Because if I do it over it usually corrects itself...............this may or may not be your issue.......Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hsteil View Post
    first, I want to comment briefly on Can-Am customer service. bout 10 days ago, shortly after I had purchased used my 2013 st-ltd I started noticing a few issues. Foremost was the anbearable heat for which , after an e mail, I recieved the case number. Than a howling sound from the belt, as well as starting issues. Turns out that these issues had already been part of some can am bulletins, purge valve was fixed by dealer, tension was a tad to low on the belt, also taken care off.
    and yesterday I picked up my 'bitie spydie', with new panels ! what a difference! coodos to can-am customer service, coodos to my dealer QJC in Bruehl, Germany.

now to my new issue. A VERY HIGH PITCHED PEEP SOUND COMING FROM ENGINE COMPARTMENT. THIS SOUND DISSAPPEARS AS SOON AS I TURN ON IGNITION. BRAKE ON,
    ENGINE OFF, KEY OUT, AND ITS BACK!

ANY IDEA ANYONE?

Regards, from Peter in old Germany
    If what you describe is the very high pitch noise that not everyone can hear and it stops after 40 minutes. That is the throttle bodies being held closed. That is done to fix a hot start problem.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default aha! this could very well be it!

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    If what you describe is the very high pitch noise that not everyone can hear and it stops after 40 minutes. That is the throttle bodies being held closed. That is done to fix a hot start problem.
    thanks Billy, this could be it. dont know about 40 minutes, but I had to go to the Garage again
    where I keep my bikes and 'bytie spydie', and the noise was gone. AND I could just show my wife your email with the part: 'the noise that not everybody can hear". after she had shown me the birdie a few times, claiming its all in my head....

Regards from saussage land,

Peter