Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Well, I agree to each his own but like Blueknight911 I opted for the economy method. I enjoyed building my own and painting to match the bike, exterior perimeter led lighting with dimmer, interior led lighting on a tilt switch for automatic operation, battery to run interior and exterior leds when the bike is off, dual usb and 12v charging ports, carpeted interior with tie down points. Is it a BRP 622, not by any means but since it sits in the garage 85% of the time while both bikes hit the road almost everyday I'll take the cash savings for more trips and ride with you no matter what you choose to pull behind you Spyder.

CJ JAX
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The 622 holds 1,314.5223 pints
    The Freedom checks in with 1,196.173 of them...

(one liter equals 2.11338 pints. )
    Well that will last me about a month, then back for a fill up! I totally under estimated your math skills Bob.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    But I'm surprised Bob D., Cruzr Joe, and SpyderAnn01 has allowed such a LIGHTWEIGHT , USEFUL ( and attractive ) TRAILER to posted here . .......Mike

2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Some of those Harbor Freight/Walmart trailers look like they belong behind a Fiat! (or Vespa)

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Walmart sells trailers?

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Some of those Harbor Freight/Walmart trailers look like they belong behind a Fiat! (or Vespa)

Jack
    Harbor Freight trailers are not classy enough for Vespa:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I LIKE YOUR TRAILER ALSO

Quote Originally Posted by zuni View Post
    Well, I agree to each his own but like Blueknight911 I opted for the economy method. I enjoyed building my own and painting to match the bike, exterior perimeter led lighting with dimmer, interior led lighting on a tilt switch for automatic operation, battery to run interior and exterior leds when the bike is off, dual usb and 12v charging ports, carpeted interior with tie down points. Is it a BRP 622, not by any means but since it sits in the garage 85% of the time while both bikes hit the road almost everyday I'll take the cash savings for more trips and ride with you no matter what you choose to pull behind you Spyder.

CJ JAX
    ....CJ, be careful of showing to much creativity and ingenuity. Some of the more vocal here whose most prominent talent appears to be the ability to write checks with lots of numbers won't appreciate the simple elegance of thrifty usefulness. .....Mike

Spyder Garage

Totally happy with my 2015 freedom trailer Never have a 622 to compare it to. Functionally it works perfect for my needs At Spyderfest we had the freedom and the 622 sitting side-by-side to compare. The 622 looks to be wider than the freedom trailer but the compartment on the freedom Trailer seems to be a little longer. can definitely tell the differences in manufacturing, different lighting, less color options Personally the single door works better for me than the two doors. I believe the Chassis and suspension is the same on both the 622 and the freedom.
    Bryan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post
    Harbor Freight trailers are not classy enough for Vespa:

Love it. Great post. Vespa's will rise again!

Jack
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Well that will last me about a month, then back for a fill up! I totally under estimated your math skills Bob.

Jack
    Actually; it was Google's Math skills...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by duke50 View Post
    I'm thinking about getting a trailer for my rt but not sure which trailer to purchase. What are the pros an cons of each. I know the Freedom is cheaper and a little smaller. Does the VSS adapt to both trailers? Not interested in aftermarket
    I purchased a new 2013 RT622 trailer on Ebay from a dealer in Michigan. I wanted the pearl white trailer to match up with my RT LTD. I purchased it for $3200. So far I have no regrets buying this trailer. It's a well made trailer and it does what it's supposed to do. I've had it packed full with camping gear, cooler full of beverages and food, lounge chair, pillow, blankets, air mattress, other small items. as well a spare tire and small hydraulic jack and a few tools to carry with me should I need them. I had no problem hauling everything and it was very stable on the road and no bouncing around. The independent suspension works great on these trailers. When the trailer is loaded I use a fish scale and lift the front of the trailer to make sure that the cargo is distributed properly to get the proper tongue weight on the trailer hitch of my RT.

Last edited by vtrider; 06-21-2015 at 09:11 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    I purchased a new 2013 RT622 trailer on Ebay from a dealer in Michigan. I wanted the pearl white trailer to match up with my RT LTD. I purchased it for $3200. So far I have no regrets buying this trailer. It's a well made trailer and it does what it's supposed to do. I've had it packed full with camping gear, cooler full of beverages and food, lounge chair, pillow, blankets, air mattress, other small items. as well a spare tire and small hydraulic jack and a few tools to carry with me should I need them. I had no problem hauling everything and it was very stable on the road and no bouncing around. The independent suspension works great on these trailers. When the trailer is loaded I use a fish scale and lift the front of the trailer to make sure that the cargo is distributed properly to get the proper tongue weight on the trailer hitch of my RT.

Nothing like a matching pair that perform well.

Jack
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    ....CJ, be careful of showing to much creativity and ingenuity. Some of the more vocal here whose most prominent talent appears to be the ability to write checks with lots of numbers won't appreciate the simple elegance of thrifty usefulness. .....Mike
    Mike,
    I harbor no ill will for anyone's choices and have learned not to take responses personally. I was an engineer even before getting a degree. I love our bikes and I love to tinker. I have always had that affliction. I got an early bump on the list and picked up one of the first few 2.8L BMW Z3's to be delivered. Remember the photos of Lamont's F3 when here took it apart to paint the frame? That was how my garage looked like with my Z3 when my wife (ex) came home after I owned it for about a month. While I can I will continue to turn a wrench and come up with new ideas but when the day comes that I can't I will also be writing those checks.

Forever tinkering
    CJ JAX

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I harbor no ill will for anyone's choices and have learned not to take responses personally. I was an engineer even before getting a degree. I love our bikes and I love to tinker. I have always had that affliction. While I can I will continue to turn a wrench and come up with new ideas but when the day comes that I can't I will also be writing those checks.
    Forever tinkering
    CJ JAX

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks to all that responded

I'm now searching for a white 622 a left over that I can get at a much reduced price. Although I may have to settle for another color. The search is on!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Happy Hunting!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by duke50 View Post
    I'm now searching for a white 622 a left over that I can get at a much reduced price. Although I may have to settle for another color. The search is on!
    Ride now sports on Ina in Tucson has one for sale right now.

Jack
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default ILL WILL

Mike,
    I harbor no ill will for anyone's choices and have learned not to take responses personally. I was an engineer even before getting a degree. I love our bikes and I love to tinker. I have always had that affliction. I got an early bump on the list and picked up one of the first few 2.8L BMW Z3's to be delivered. Remember the photos of Lamont's F3 when here took it apart to paint the frame? That was how my garage looked like with my Z3 when my wife (ex) came home after I owned it for about a month. While I can I will continue to turn a wrench and come up with new ideas but when the day comes that I can't I will also be writing those checks.

Forever tinkering
    CJ JAX
    CJ, I harbor no ILL WILL to anyone either.............However there are people on this Forum, if you don't agree with what they like ( ie BRP etc ) they will then slander you PERSONALLY for your views and I consider that to be a PERSONAL attack. If YOU feel that it's OK to behave in that manner , then don't be surprised when the only posts on this site are about ice cream and other senseless, silly, drivel.........Mike

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

CJ JAX

I have the Harbor Fright trailer and for the $$$ I have a lot of miles for those $$$ with no problems. jtpollock

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    Site sponsor Mini Trailer USA $1500.00 Made in USA
    BRP 662RT $4900.00 Freedom I wouldn't buy one they cheap plastic.
    Savings $3400.00 662RT might be nice but not $3400.00 nice just my 2 cents
    What size wheels does it come with? And is it independent suspension? We purchased an aftermarket last year and had trouble with the tires. They were not rated for interstate speeds.

Spyder Garage

Default TIRES

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    What size wheels does it come with? And is it independent suspension? We purchased an aftermarket last year and had trouble with the tires. They were not rated for interstate speeds.
    Doc, sometimes the trailers aren't equipped ( stock ) with High speed tires. However you can usually get them to put better ones on before you purchase the trailer......The other thing is, I have seen 12 inch tires with 8 plies and a " D " rating, that I would feel comfortable with at 85 MPH......Mike

Spyder Garage

Well, I'm perfectly happy with my 622. I didn't pay full price for it, I can pack it with virtually anything, and when I'm towing it I don't even know it's there. AND it matches my Spyder.

So there.

Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

And you DO have the nicest-color Spyder... it matched my 2010!

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

I traded in my Goldwing back in June for reasons (loved it but had to think about future). I had bought an Aluma trailer and hitch for it just before this and went on a one night camp out for testing (worked great). When I bought the 2020 RT limited, I bought the show chrome hitch and the wiring harness. Total weight of trailer is quite a bit less than 400 pounds. Question is, has anyone had any problems using this set up? Kinda wondering about the warranty issues. Anybody had any problem with this? Thank you in advance.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gfrugia View Post
    I traded in my Goldwing back in June for reasons (loved it but had to think about future). I had bought an Aluma trailer and hitch for it just before this and went on a one night camp out for testing (worked great). When I bought the 2020 RT limited, I bought the show chrome hitch and the wiring harness. Total weight of trailer is quite a bit less than 400 pounds. Question is, has anyone had any problems using this set up? Kinda wondering about the warranty issues. Anybody had any problem with this? Thank you in advance.
    First of all, welcome to Spyderlovers. Secondly, this is a five year old thread. You will probably have more luck creating a new thread to ask about your Aluma trailer.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited