Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Fleetliner saddlebags for EU compare to US

Hey guys, I know here is a topic about those saddlebags done by Corbin, but I had to create a new post because of rip off in Europe..
    I have asked them how much it would be to have them in Slovakia - you know we are close to Austria Vienna.. nothing like Far east or what ever..
    So I will tell ya, 1970USD for you guys is a bargain
    They quoted me with... are ya ready? 2.170,- GBP!!!! and when I have used internet for recalculation it is about 3.450USD!!! are you fcking crazy???
    sorry postage is included.. My bad!!!
    - There are no inside bags for easier caring over.
    - there are not quick release I quote them: "and are removed by undoing a couple of bolts "
    waiting time apprx. 8weeks.. let me see.. yep end of summer..
    Good job..
    For this price I will rather hire someone over here, and he will be traveling on his onw, on my few trips, and bringing my stuff on the spot, for me. And he will do for that price laundry and ironing..
    ridiculous...
    I mean they do look good..but...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have you considered GIVI cases as an option?
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    Hey guys, I know here is a topic about those saddlebags done by Corbin, but I had to create a new post because of rip off in Europe..
    I have asked them how much it would be to have them in Slovakia - you know we are close to Austria Vienna.. nothing like Far east or what ever..
    They quoted me with... are ya ready? 2.170,- GBP!!!! and when I have used internet for recalculation it is about 3.450USD!!! are you fcking crazy???
    - there are not quick release I quote them: "and are removed by undoing a couple of bolts "
    Good job..
    For this price I will rather hire someone over here, and he will be traveling on his onw, on my few trips, and bringing my stuff on the spot, for me. And he will do for that price laundry and ironing..
    ridiculous...
    I can't see them selling any in Europe!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    Good job..
    ridiculous...
    Hey Martin,
    Corbin has set up a branch in Germany!
    If you are really interested in the Corbin saddle bags you should definitely contact them.
    Here is their URL
    http://www.corbin.de/

The store is in *66849 Landstuhl!

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default reply

Wippi01 - I have contacted directly EU dealer.. I think they do have general Email.. the update I have posted is from them directly.
    BeRIght - I was really considering them, BUT i do about 4-5 longer trips, and rest I dont want to have any extra mounting on the bike. I think GIVI is great call in respect to price and usability, but I just dont like the frame that hold the bags.. maybe more of your pictures can prove me wrong.
    Martin

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default not just europe

Hey Martin, if it's any consolation it's the same deal in Australia. Yes, there is a Corbin dealer, and we have to buy from them (not direct) so you can probably about double the price... a little bit is the exchange rate, the rest is freight, gst (10% to the government) and mark-up. So whilst I have always loved corbin bags, they are a bit (lot?) too costly here, too.