Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default 2013 Recall for All

So last night we had our monthly SRA chapter meeting. We arrived on our newly upgraded 2013RTL with the new BRP installed Scoops (my wife calls them implants) and created quite a ruckus. The President of our chapter read a text from a Can Am Tech at one of the local dealers that said "any 2010 to 2013 RT owners can have the same implants on their bike, and as long as their bike is still under warranty BRP will pay to have a partial recall done for no cost to the owners. This would not include all of the re-routing of the EVAP system, but would include the addition of the scoops, and I am assuming the removal of the acoustic panels, which BTW seems to make no difference in sound at all. So the long and the short of it was that all of the other 10 to 13 owners came out and looked at the scoops and said, "those are Bad Ass" and they want them too. I would suggest that you check with the local dealer. I know that some of you here have been interested in this as well.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

First I have heard of this but it would be a great thing for BRP to do.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Me too

I was very surprised. Perhaps Steve from BRP Care can chime in on this!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Also the first I have heard.

None of the "official" stuff makes mention of other than 2013 RT models that I am aware of.

It would be good to hear from BRPcare on this, just to clarify.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Steve... are you listening???
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default evap system

Thanks for that. I don't suppose you have any more info from the Can Am tech about the evap system re-routing and what's involved in this ? I would think that some ST owners, especially 2013, would be interested in the detail. I wonder if Can Am will offer the parts as a kit? I know I would be interested... Our airflow vents do a good job, as it seems do the RT new vents, so it seems odd that the ST's can't benefit also from the evap system change - in my view, probably equally critical long-term. Your thoughts?

Spyder Garage

Default We do not

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    Thanks for that. I don't suppose you have any more info from the Can Am tech about the evap system re-routing and what's involved in this ? I would think that some ST owners, especially 2013, would be interested in the detail. I wonder if Can Am will offer the parts as a kit? I know I would be interested... Our airflow vents do a good job, as it seems do the RT new vents, so it seems odd that the ST's can't benefit also from the evap system change - in my view, probably equally critical long-term. Your thoughts?

But maybe we can get Steve from BRP Care to offer an opinion.

Spyder Garage

I am going to call a few dealers in my area and see what they say. I talked to one up in Wa. and he did not tell me this only that "when" they can order them as a spare part, they would but that right now it's 2013 recalls only.
    This was about 2 weeks ago now.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default Yep

That is what I thought too. I am not too sure what the scoops would do without all of the other mods they have done too the 13. And since the frame is different that the others it is possible that the change in the Evap system wouldn't fit in pre 13 frames. Anyway it sure has made a difference in my bike.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Also the first I have heard.

None of the "official" stuff makes mention of other than 2013 RT models that I am aware of.

It would be good to hear from BRPcare on this, just to clarify.

My bike so called fried in May some say due to recall BRP customer service says clutch plates caused issue can someone give me Steve compete name and contact info maybe he can help me get to bottom of all this because they seem to have different rules depending if you live in Canada or States on how and when you get serviced and what information we are privy to concerning our property and safety.

Is it possible for them to complete recall without installing mentioned scoops? Guy said they didn't do anything to my current panels and didn't have to install scoops...I haven't seen my bike so I'm not sure but I want to know as much as I can before I pick it up
    Last edited by beuti; 06-22-2015 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Update response

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beuti View Post
    Is it possible for them to complete recall without installing mentioned scoops?
    I don't work for a Can-Am dealer, but on the brands we sell we are required to complete the entire thing before we can say we have done a recall. The extra air from the scoops is a major part of this recall.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture