Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Recall Campaign Completed

Had our 2013 RTL in the shop last week and Elk Grove Power Sports service team did a great job. We had it out on Saturday for a 100 mile test RYDE in high 90s temp. This was a group ryde and they tend to be pretty slow. I was amazed that the glove box and the seat where my legs rest were cool to the touch when we arrived for lunch. I did not really notice any change in the sound, and there was zero gas fumes when we got back home. So I am feeling like this really worked. Oh and I live my bikes new implants!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Hearing lots of good feedback from folks who have completed the recall
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

Getting mine done on the 24th, can't wait

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Getting mine done the week of the 29th and can't wait.

Traded in - 2013 RT SE5 Limited - Pearl White
    Mods Mods
    Tri Axis handlebars
    GPS mount for the Tri Axis handlebars
    Ultimate seat with driver backrest
    Driver cup holder
    3rd Brake light -truck
    Spyderpops bumpskid
    Bayaron swaybar with Heim links
    Lidlox

Spyder Garage

Getting mine done the 24th I still do not understand what they are planning on doing the dealer said he has hoses and things to replace. means nothing to me .

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fireguy View Post
    Getting mine done the 24th I still do not understand what they are planning on doing the dealer said he has hoses and things to replace. means nothing to me .
    I posted a link to the warranty bulletin in the OP here, if you want to read it. More discussion about it follows in that thread.

It should cure the heat problems you mentioned earlier.
    Last edited by robmorg; 06-15-2015 at 12:33 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear another success thread. The heat fix is looking better and better.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Had mine done,agree no heat under seat and glove box area. Gas tank cool too! Vents look like they belong!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Oh and I live my bikes new implants!
    Glad to hear that it's looking good...

And they ARE, a nice-looking pair!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Getting mine done on the 25th, and I can wait!!!

Couldn't resist! Actually I'll be out of town so I scheduled it to be done when I won't be home to ride it anyway!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Mine is in the shop today for the recall work. I had already been using the Vertica Trike vents, which clearly takes care of the heat while riding. Vertica vents are fiberglass and very substantial compared to the BRP vents, which are plastic. But, the concept is the same, so I have no doubt they will work as well.

The tech showed me the evap assembly that is put in place. I removed the old one a long time ago. OMG the new one is a massive unit. I remain skeptical that the fuel delivery system will remove the heat at idle, but I will give it an opportunity to work.
    2013 RTS SE5
    2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1700

Spyder Garage

Default Heat less

Thanks BRP, you hit the nail right on the head. I just picked my 13 RTL up form the dealer after the recall update. The mods look just like they are suppose to be there and the ride home was nice, no heat from the seat, stopped for fuel, no hot gas cap, gas tank, glove box or under the seat. Thanks, it was worth the wait.

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

does any one know if gas mileage improved

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

One or two folks that DID mention fuel mileage; did see improvements...
    But we sure can use some more definitive reports!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i am still happy i upgrade to a 14

Spyder Garage

Cool Had upgrade done last week and have enjoyed riding it in Florida hot weather.

I am pleased to say that I was one of the first, if not the first, to have the recall upgrade done on my 2013 RT-S by Central Florida Powersports and am very happy with the mods. I have read all the posts for some time and have just waited and let it happen, having all the confidence in the service department. They again didn't disappoint me at all. I can now put things in the glove box without being concerned if they will be ruined by the heat, it now stays cool. The panels are cool while riding and I can feel cool air coming around the seat and around the panels. Yes, we still get warm air from the right side but that just means I won't put my foot in the area of the heat exhaust from the radiator. Maybe someday I will look into putting a panel on that side, if I am assured that I won't interrupt the air flow through the radiator. But, that's another time, right now I will ride in the heat in Florida and not worry that i will catch on fire from the heat or the gas tank won't explode. I can now put fuel in without having splashback until I get a couple of gallons in to cool the tank off, as well as I don't hear the fuel boiling any more.
    Great job guys and thanks BRP for more than just a quick fix. As I always say 'anything good is worth waiting for' and this is a good example of that.
    Attached Thumbnails

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Mileage

We didn't seem to get too much in the way of improved gas mileage, but then I usually don't worry too much about that. We will check over time.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.