Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Ruby Has Arrived!

Yesterday we picked up our 2015 RT-S SE6 Red Pearl Spyder, aka "Ruby". We are coming from a BMW K1600GTL. I rode her home on the back roads about 40 miles and since the missus was still recovering from a bad cold, I just parked her in the garage and spent the rest of the day adding some farkles.

Today we got out to some of the twisties in our area and had our first bit of real fun. 3 or 4 weeks ago I did my first demo ride and was pretty concerned about the the amount of feedback from the front end and the way the bike "danced" through the curves. We tuned in the front tire pressure, added a set of Roadster Ronovations Shock Stiffeners and played with the rear suspension a little bit. Just like everyone on this great forum already says, the most important modification is letting go of the paradigms of motorcycle riding and easing up the handlebar grip. By the time we got about 100 miles on the odometer, things were already feeling much better. One other thing that I would like to bring up that I haven't seen anyone else mention is that when I was at first taking it especially easy around the curves, that was when the bike seemed to be the most uncertain of itself. Once I started to push it a little bit more, it seemed to better "push" the bike through the curve on a single, constant line and the tendancy to "dance" in and out of the curve was greatly reduced.

The long and short of it is, yes, it is very different. It is also a Blast! Great comfort and wind management, plenty of power, semi-automatic transmission and the ability to pull up to a stop sign and not worry about sand, gravel and road camber, PRICELESS!!

Now it's time to nail down an extended warranty because we plan on having this machine for a while!!
    Attached Images Attached Images