Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Ruby Has Arrived!

Yesterday we picked up our 2015 RT-S SE6 Red Pearl Spyder, aka "Ruby". We are coming from a BMW K1600GTL. I rode her home on the back roads about 40 miles and since the missus was still recovering from a bad cold, I just parked her in the garage and spent the rest of the day adding some farkles.

Today we got out to some of the twisties in our area and had our first bit of real fun. 3 or 4 weeks ago I did my first demo ride and was pretty concerned about the the amount of feedback from the front end and the way the bike "danced" through the curves. We tuned in the front tire pressure, added a set of Roadster Ronovations Shock Stiffeners and played with the rear suspension a little bit. Just like everyone on this great forum already says, the most important modification is letting go of the paradigms of motorcycle riding and easing up the handlebar grip. By the time we got about 100 miles on the odometer, things were already feeling much better. One other thing that I would like to bring up that I haven't seen anyone else mention is that when I was at first taking it especially easy around the curves, that was when the bike seemed to be the most uncertain of itself. Once I started to push it a little bit more, it seemed to better "push" the bike through the curve on a single, constant line and the tendancy to "dance" in and out of the curve was greatly reduced.

The long and short of it is, yes, it is very different. It is also a Blast! Great comfort and wind management, plenty of power, semi-automatic transmission and the ability to pull up to a stop sign and not worry about sand, gravel and road camber, PRICELESS!!

Now it's time to nail down an extended warranty because we plan on having this machine for a while!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

lots of luck and love the color
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome!

I'm partial to red myself. Enjoy the fun!

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

on your new The handling quirks will melt away as you gain a few more miles.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

on your new ................it's getting to be "farkle" time!

Spyder: 2011 RT Limited w/ RT-622 trailer
    Mods: ESI Brightsides, RT Rear Brightsides, HMT Brake Light, Scuff Guards, Utopia Backrest, Chrome, and more Chrome, Pearl White Rear View Mirrors, Rear Fender, and Dashboard, Black Rear Wheel and Belt Assy, SpyderPops Heat Shields & Bump Skid, Elka Stage 1+ Shocks, 2012 SF Graphics, Silver Carbonfiber Dash, Corbin Arm Rests, Baker A.W., BRP Vented WindShield. BR's Sway Bar, Tricled White Halo Lights, BadBoy Air Horn, Spyder Legs Floor Boards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Congrats love the red pearl myself got ours in feb. still working out the quirks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

congrats my friend!!!

Spyder Garage

Congrats! I just got mine last Wednesday (2015 RT Limited white) and the handling gets easier and more fun each time I ride it. It is very different than my RoadGlide, but I know I made the right choice.
    zapps

Very Active Member Roadster Renovations's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Congratulations on getting "Ruby". She is one sharp girl! Glad you liked our Spring Stiffeners! We still have the original set on ours going on 12k miles now!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to "Club 1330"!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pontow View Post
    Yesterday we picked up our 2015 RT-S SE6 Red Pearl Spyder, aka "Ruby". We are coming from a BMW K1600GTL. I rode her home on the back roads about 40 miles and since the missus was still recovering from a bad cold, I just parked her in the garage and spent the rest of the day adding some farkles.

Today we got out to some of the twisties in our area and had our first bit of real fun. 3 or 4 weeks ago I did my first demo ride and was pretty concerned about the the amount of feedback from the front end and the way the bike "danced" through the curves. We tuned in the front tire pressure, added a set of Roadster Ronovations Shock Stiffeners and played with the rear suspension a little bit. Just like everyone on this great forum already says, the most important modification is letting go of the paradigms of motorcycle riding and easing up the handlebar grip. By the time we got about 100 miles on the odometer, things were already feeling much better. One other thing that I would like to bring up that I haven't seen anyone else mention is that when I was at first taking it especially easy around the curves, that was when the bike seemed to be the most uncertain of itself. Once I started to push it a little bit more, it seemed to better "push" the bike through the curve on a single, constant line and the tendancy to "dance" in and out of the curve was greatly reduced.

The long and short of it is, yes, it is very different. It is also a Blast! Great comfort and wind management, plenty of power, semi-automatic transmission and the ability to pull up to a stop sign and not worry about sand, gravel and road camber, PRICELESS!!

Now it's time to nail down an extended warranty because we plan on having this machine for a while!!
    Outstanding! 👍🏻

Spyder Garage

The fun's just beginning!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Thanks to one and all! I think that Ruby and us are going to be very happy around here.

Now, where did I put that new sway bar thingy ........
    2015 RT-S SE6 Red Pearl - aka "Ruby"
    Tri-Axis handlebars - Bajaron Sway Bar and Heim Links - Roadster Renovations Spring Stiffeners & Top Case mirror - Value Accessories 3 pc. Lid Net Set - Lidlox Helmet Holders - JT's Dash Mount Bar - Drink2go rider & passenger cupholder - Wolo Bad Boy Horn - Show Chrome Trunk Rack - 12V power & heated gear ports - Spyderpops missing belt guard - BRP Trailer Hitch - Gold Plug hex head drain plugs

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default EXTENDED WARRANTY

...............On the warranty thing, personally I'd wait until the factory one is about to expire before doing this......One because you may sell it......and two you may not need it, I think this Spyder is the most well made and reliable one EVER......JMHO....Mike

Spyder Garage

Let the fun begin....
    2016 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

on your great ride
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

to both you and Ruby!

Next time I'm taking the twisties aggressively, I'm going to say the Spyder wanted me to do it that way!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    to both you and Ruby!

Next time I'm taking the twisties aggressively, I'm going to say the Spyder wanted me to do it that way!
    I will remember that when we go riding in July.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Color is outstanding ! Congrats.
    Current: "Scarlett", 2017 Can Am F3-T, SE6, Intense Red Pearl.
    BRP heated grips, DIY brake light strip and turn signal strips, Chrome/LED brake light tag frame, SpyderPops bumpskid, Baja Ron swaybar and billet links, Lamonster Third Peg, BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest, SpyderPops Missing Belt Guard, ShowChrome oversize brake pedal, TricLED foglights.

Previous: "Synthia", 2014 Can Am Spyder RT, SM6, Pearl White.

Spyder Garage

Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default Once you upgrade the sway bar and

Quote Originally Posted by pontow View Post
    Thanks to one and all! I think that Ruby and us are going to be very happy around here.

Now, where did I put that new sway bar thingy ........
    links, you will enjoy it much much more, especially when riding two up...

Nice machine, and welcome!!!!
    Lets ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Links and Swaybar

Quote Originally Posted by wis2013rtltd View Post
    links, you will enjoy it much much more, especially when riding two up...

Nice machine, and welcome!!!!
    The Bajaron Sway Bar and links are supposed to get here on Friday. Now the wifey knows why I bought that Harbor Freight ATV jack a while back. Trying to plan ahead!

Thanks for the warm welcome from everybody!
    2015 RT-S SE6 Red Pearl - aka "Ruby"
    Tri-Axis handlebars - Bajaron Sway Bar and Heim Links - Roadster Renovations Spring Stiffeners & Top Case mirror - Value Accessories 3 pc. Lid Net Set - Lidlox Helmet Holders - JT's Dash Mount Bar - Drink2go rider & passenger cupholder - Wolo Bad Boy Horn - Show Chrome Trunk Rack - 12V power & heated gear ports - Spyderpops missing belt guard - BRP Trailer Hitch - Gold Plug hex head drain plugs

Spyder Garage

Gratz! Welcome on the new ride!

-Fratz

Spyder Garage

You do know that the RED PEARL is the fastest Spyder? Enjoy your new ride and let the farkles begin.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Default Ruby Time

Picked up my "Ruby" about three weeks ago. Chrome wheels. Loving it! Learning the in and outs of the machine. There is about 1500 plus miles on it now with more to come this summer. Only issue or question I have is the vibration between 3800 to about 4100 rpm. 71-80 MPH. Give or take. Some say its the belt. Dealer thought it was "normal and only the clutch". Either way I'll have the belt looked at during the 3,00 mile maintenance checks. Love the ride and feel of this bike. Been on two wheels on and off for 45-50 years . Still learning and loving it.
    dukeblue.