Thread: Givi Monts

Spyder Garage

Default Givi Mounts

I just took possession of a 2013 RS SE5 and I already have the Givi E55 Top Case and a pair of the Givi V35 Side Cases and would like to mount them on my trike. An Internet search seems to indicate the mounting hardware is discontinued. There is a couple of shops in Italy that appears to have the mounting racks and hardware .

Is there another more local source here in the US for the mounting ?

Thanks!
    Last edited by WA5VHU; 06-13-2015 at 03:27 PM.
    Current:
    2016 Honda CTX700 DCT ABS (faring model)
    Kip Moto SherpaX Cargo Trailer

Wife Has:
    2014 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited
    2016 Lees-ure Lite Camping Trailer

Previous:
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RS SE5, zoom-zoom!
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Call the US distributor, when I was looking for a mount for my BMW the WEB site said NA, but looking at the European site it was, I called the US distributor and they had one.

Spyder Garage

I will try that, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by GOZFST View Post
    Call the US distributor, when I was looking for a mount for my BMW the WEB site said NA, but looking at the European site it was, I called the US distributor and they had one.
    Current:

Wife Has:

Previous:
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE5, Foot Burner - Gasoline Boiling Stinker - Gas Tank Vacuum Puller

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post
    I just took possession of a 2013 RS SE5 and I already have the Givi E55 Top Case and a pair of the Givi V35 Side Cases and would like to mount them on my trike. An Internet search seems to indicate the mounting hardware is discontinued. There is a couple of shops in Italy that appears to have the mounting racks and hardware .

Thanks!
    I just ordered a set of GIVI mounting brackets from Italy through ebay. They were pricey but it was all I could find. I am suppose to get them between June 22 and June 26th. Hope I made a good decision. Always a gamble out of country.

Spyder Garage

Default E55 Mount

I had the rear sport mount on mine so I just bought a Givi Universal Mount - the E250 - off Ebay and mounted it to the plate. My E55 mounts right on to it. I actually swap between a V46 and the E55.
    The WildBat - 2017 Can-Am Spyder F3-L
    Little Bre - 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST-S
    Phantom 2.0 - My SuperSpyder. 2008 Can-Am Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WA5VHU View Post

Thanks!
    For the side bags about the only thing around is via Italy and through Ebay...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/GIVI-PLX770-...item4194f8d54a

If you want the mounting instructions for the Givi PLX770 mounts pm me with your email and I'll send you the pdf file.
    2013 Pure Magnesium Spyder RS-SM5 Cal Sci medium clear windshield, R-35 hard sided saddlebags and fitments rack, 2013 Can-Am Spyder ST Limited Embroidered Stock Seat, Trunk opening spring, fire extinguisher, Passenger backrest and rack, Added side mirrors, Handlebar bag.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by camogirl View Post
    I just ordered a set of GIVI mounting brackets from Italy through ebay. They were pricey but it was all I could find. I am suppose to get them between June 22 and June 26th. Hope I made a good decision. Always a gamble out of country.
    I ordered the mounts for the V35 cases from Italy a few days after your post. I received them on Monday (7-6). Wednesday they were on holding my cases! They were a little pricy but about on par with mounts I've purchased here in the States for my BMW. The vendor, SPEEDMANIA in Reggio Emilia, Italy, were very good to do business with.

. . . . and the cases along with the mounts from Itally were still less expensive than the BRP ones from the dealer.

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for your inputs!

I ordered the side case mounts from Italy off eBay from http://www.ebay.com/itm/261855304447 and got them fairly quick. They fit fine and my side cases are now on my Spyder.

I also ordered a top case mount off eBay from Canada http://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-Spyde...70f6d3&vxp=mtr however I think this may have been made to use with the BRP side case kit and does not work with the Givi side mount kit. It's not really the fault of the vendor as they state "I'm not very familiar with Givi products so please do your homework before doing a "Buy It Now" because I'm not 100% sure of the exact application".

For my top case I think I will just get a rear sport rack kit and mount it to that as suggested by Bruise01.

Thanks to all!

Charles
    Current:

Wife Has:

Previous:

Spyder Garage

Default Yippee they came today

Like stated earlier that I ordered from ebay. It was the Italy site and there was a delay in customs the first time they tried shipping. So customs sent them back to the dealer. They were going to resend but double checked my State. I probably should have it spelled out fully instead of just the two letters we are so use to using. But they came today.
    So I spent some time reading the instructions and was wonder if anyone has done the install themselves?

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Default givi

the newer st bikes come from the factory with the mounts so if you look in the parts guide for the 2014 st limited you can order that part from brp

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by camogirl View Post
    So I spent some time reading the instructions and was wonder if anyone has done the install themselves?
    Yep I've installed them myself. It's pretty straightforward, the trick I found was to:
    • Remove the plastic thing behind the seat between the two rear lights.
    • Undo the front the seat stay (funny piston thing under the seat).

This allows you to lift the seat right up so you can get to everything easily.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PistonBlown View Post
    Yep I've installed them myself. It's pretty straightforward, the trick I found was to:
    • Remove the plastic thing behind the seat between the two rear lights.
    • Undo the front the seat stay (funny piston thing under the seat).

This allows you to lift the seat right up so you can get to everything easily.
    Thanks I will take a look and see just how involved this is. I get nervous if I have to disassemble to much.

Spyder Garage

The mounts themselves are not hard to install. Only eight bolts/nuts total. Because I have the Sport Rack I had to remove it completely to raise the seat high enough to get to the rear bolts. The more time consuming and harder is relocating the turn signals. Did not need to tap in or splice factory wiring as I got the in between wiring from Tricleds.

I had to remove the rear fender and add wiring along the swing arm. I disassembled the turn signals and terminated the wiring with new connectors.

I also bought and added LED Tail/Stop/Turn Lights from AddMore Lighting to go behind the red lenses on the GIVI cases. (No excuse for drivers not to notice them)

They have waterproof quick connects when you want to remove the cases.

Spyder Garage

Continuing on: The connectors can be pushed back out of the way.

The pix don't really show how bright they are.

They also flash the brake lights. So far no problems from the 'Nanny"
    Helps to be seen from the rear !

Joe

Spyder Garage

The one thing I didn't like about the kit was the indicator re-locators, particularly as our indicators are about twice the size of the US ones.

I ended up removing the reflectors on either side of the rear fender struts and mounted mini-led indicators there instead. This meant all the wiring could be hidden and being led they were far brighter than standard:

Spyder Garage

Default Tool

Just keep track of the tool!
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    Just keep track of the tool!
    Think that's the one for the Can-am kit? Don't need that for the Givi one as the V35 fixing mechanism works off the lock so you just use the key to release the panniers.

Spyder Garage

I don't particularly care for the GIVI tail light mount, either. Well not the mounts themselves, but the exposed wiring. I used what I had in the garage the shield the exposed wiring, plus the added wiring along the swing arm is encased in protective tubing.
    I may wander around the hardware stores and locate something to fabricate a more aesthetic solution to the exposed wiring.

Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jmbiii View Post
    The mounts themselves are not hard to install. Only eight bolts/nuts total. Because I have the Sport Rack I had to remove it completely to raise the seat high enough to get to the rear bolts. The more time consuming and harder is relocating the turn signals. Did not need to tap in or splice factory wiring as I got the in between wiring from Tricleds.

I had to remove the rear fender and add wiring along the swing arm. I disassembled the turn signals and terminated the wiring with new connectors.

I also bought and added LED Tail/Stop/Turn Lights from AddMore Lighting to go behind the red lenses on the GIVI cases. (No excuse for drivers not to notice them)

They have waterproof quick connects when you want to remove the cases.

Well now I am hooked on the V35 Led kit. I called out there with a question on a additional harness since I just bought a Vstrom DL650. Have a line on brackets from a friends crashed bike. Anyway I would want a harness for the Vstrom when I move the bags over.
    I'm telling myself only one more Farkle ...... yea right

Spyder Garage

Great post - good sharing and love the pics.

Jerry
    13 ST Limited F/R suspension, Corbin, GIVI top case

16 Vespa Primavera 150: Stock
    16 Piaggio BV350: Suspension, braking mods in work
    14 HD XL1200T: F/R suspension and brake mods; Corbin saddle and bags
    09 Aprilia SC250: F/R suspension and minor brake mods
    97 Honda PC800: F/R wheels, F/R suspension, and F/R brake Mods; Corbin saddle
    90 CB-1: In work, long term project
    89 Honda NT650: F/R suspension; Corbin saddle

Spyder Garage

Default Reflective tape for v35s

I mounted the Admore kit to the my Givi V 35's. Since the red lens is not reflective I Added reflective tape to the white plastic where the LEDs are mounted. This adds a bit more Safety when the lights may be off. Other than that I love the way the admore LEDs work.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Twowheeler? View Post
    I mounted the Admore kit to the my Givi V 35's. Since the red lens is not reflective I Added reflective tape to the white plastic where the LEDs are mounted. This adds a bit more Safety when the lights may be off. Other than that I love the way the admore LEDs work.
    Same here, some reflective tape under the lens made a world of difference. 'Cept that if you use SOLAS or industrial DOT spec reflective tape it is way more effective than regular reflective tape.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

I did the same thing. Added white reflective tape to all the white plastic backing AND added a third row of leds.

Veni, vidi, discessit

Potius sero quam nunquam