Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Well Pete over here in the states we have the state of California, that for some reason mandates all kind of rules and reg's! Everything starts in that state and rolls down to the rest of us, wanted or not! Even our lawn mowers have smog control on them, oh wait, they are using electric mowers in Calif, now so we will be getting the memo soon I believe!

My neighbors, younger couple, very nice also, purchased the house next door about a year ago. Needing lawn equipment, he purchased an arsenal of battery powered mower, trimmer, blower etc. it certainly is quiet, and the walk behind mower has a headlight so he can mow at night. Downside though, our St Augustine grass needs to be cut at about 4” height. That battery powered mower can not be set that high AND, if he lets the grass get a bit long, he really has to work harder to get it cut.

Suppose if I had short grass like northern lawns, the battery mower might be fine. As it is, I keep saving discarded mowers, they run great, sharpen the blade and cut away. And love burning 100ll Avgas premix in the edger, string trimmer and blower. Same as I use in the two stroke trials and MX bikes.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    My neighbors, younger couple, very nice also, purchased the house next door about a year ago. Needing lawn equipment, he purchased an arsenal of battery powered mower, trimmer, blower etc. it certainly is quiet, and the walk behind mower has a headlight so he can mow at night. Downside though, our St Augustine grass needs to be cut at about 4” height. That battery powered mower can not be set that high AND, if he lets the grass get a bit long, he really has to work harder to get it cut.

Suppose if I had short grass like northern lawns, the battery mower might be fine. As it is, I keep saving discarded mowers, they run great, sharpen the blade and cut away. And love burning 100ll Avgas premix in the edger, string trimmer and blower. Same as I use in the two stroke trials and MX bikes.
    I too love using the 100 Avgas in all my yard toys...I recently just got my 3 chain saws out to start cutting wood again after setting for 2 years...All 3 started like you just used them yesterday...(Had 2 hip replacements so I was NOT cutting wood lately) But the only saw shop that carried Avgas close by closed up ...Getting this fuel at the air port is challenging, those BIG fuel nozzles just fit in my gas cans and when you pull the trigger on the nozzle YOU BETTER BE READY...larryd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by larryd View Post
    I too love using the 100 Avgas in all my yard toys...I recently just got my 3 chain saws out to start cutting wood again after setting for 2 years...All 3 started like you just used them yesterday...(Had 2 hip replacements so I was NOT cutting wood lately) But the only saw shop that carried Avgas close by closed up ...Getting this fuel at the air port is challenging, those BIG fuel nozzles just fit in my gas cans and when you pull the trigger on the nozzle YOU BETTER BE READY...larryd
    Truism on the better be ready...Locally, since I work on aircraft getting Avgas is easy, at times when I need a small amount there is a local specialty fuel place about two miles away. They carry not only unleaded automotive fuel, diesel, non ethanol rec gas (run that in the 4t lawnmowers, generators etc), 100ll Avgas (sold to airboat and muscle car folks mostly), Sunoco race fuels, and more. Nice having them nearby when needed.