Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: F3 Vibration

Spyder Garage

Default Update

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    If it's the belt causing the vibration, why can I feel it parked in Neutral & reving the engine to 3200--3800 rpm??? I personally believe the belt tensioner reduces some of engine vibration that's transfered via the belt---on my F3's--the belt tensioner reduces the vibration at approx 50%, it's still there--just less noticeable....

By the way--most sport bike engines also have an engine vibration at certain rpm's & the sport bikes use a chain drive.
    Darrell

Before I even read this, I started it up and in neutral slowly increased RPM's to the 3600 to 4000 rpm level and I had the exact same vibrations I did when riding. So my issue is not the belt.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Default Vibration

Quote Originally Posted by ca8920 View Post
    So, I took my new F3 on it's first long ride yesterday which entailed some freeway driving. Turns out I have the belt harmonics between 67 mph and 72 mph. Has anyone found a solution to this issue, or has anyone had any success with a resolution through Can Am.
    My f3 vibrated so bad at those speeds that it was ruining my biking experience. BRP top tech and my dealer told me nothing wrong....it was my imagination.. Capt Jim sent me Smooth-SPYDER belt tensioner stopped the problem.

Ron Boyles

Spyder Garage

Default Belt Tensionerj

Quote Originally Posted by Retired 2012 View Post
    Sorry,
    To hear you have the vibration issue, too. I posted about it in Feb. just after I got the bike. Very frustrating. Dealer double checked the belt alignment
    and tension but it was right on spec. so I still have the vibration. BRP said it was due to the length of the belt. The guy I talked with said not to add a belt tensioner because the added tension could cause other issues in the long run...
    Hope you have better luck, Please keep me posted if you find a fix.
    thanks.
    DJ
    Baloney, Smooth SPYDER will stop vibration. Did on my 2 RT's and my F3

Ron

Spyder Garage

Default Bogging

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Bogging the engine is in the equation. Learn to shift the beast correctly and vibration is gone.
    100% disagree IMHO

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nyparrothead View Post
    The F3 has an engineering defect.... Mother BRP should have to resolve it!

Mark
    This is not just directed at you but everyone with this issue: you all KNEW it was a first gen product. Same engine, tried and proven, but on a completely different platform. Every first gen release will have bugs. You're experiencing the bugs. Yes a company "should" fix problems with their products. But what's easier: buying a first gen product and expecting and waiting for a company to fix the bugs on a release or waiting for a second gen release when a lot, if not all, of the bugs have been worked out? At some point the consumer has to take some responsibility in all of this. Hindsight being what it is, maybe waiting a model year or so was the way to go.

First gen products, whether they are $25 toasters or $25,000 motorcycles, are really just beta releases. You can only test a product so much before it needs to be released and see how it holds up in day to day use. Besides, this is business. Models that have a lot of money and resources pumped into them need to be sold to recoup part of their investment. Then they fix all the bugs and more and more are sold bringing the company into the black for a particular model. I hate to break it to everyone but companies couldn't care less about your individual customer experience. There will be enough people jumping on their product and loving it that the first gen, beta owners' complaints and issues will not even make a dent in their popularity, especially given how strong the F3's second gen release and variants seem to be. It is a huge winner for BRP so that makes righting the first gen bugs really low on their 'to-do' list. To them you could always trade it in and pick up a new, greatly improved machine. This is where being a smart consumer comes into play. 'Caveat emptor'... It's naive to think that a company owes anyone anything. Companies owe it to their shareholders to turn viable and sustained profits. Good companies can do both: please shareholders and customers alike. BRP is a good company because look how at how many products they produce and how many happy customers they have. We all have choices as to the products we want to buy. Sometimes, and this is really hard to admit, we make the wrong one.

i just read about this a lot here and it seems a lot of fist pounding and yelling at the sky because it's raining, when a simpler solution would be to get an umbrella or stay inside until it stops. However it happens, I hope you all find a way to make peace with these issues and ride safe.
    Last edited by Midian; 05-05-2016 at 09:18 AM.

Spyder Garage

Wow, never thought much about buying a first generation bike or car or boat for that matter.

I bought it after a test ride because it didn't hurt my back as much as riding my Harley or my v-star 1300 did.

That was my only thought, ride the F3 or stop riding all together. With that in mind, it was still the right thing for me, I put 12,000 miles on in the first year.

Now,I am putting some money into it to make it better for me personally.
    I put on Shad saddlebags for conveinance and have ordered shocks from
    Race Tech to make the ride feel better. The vibration is annoying but I still
    love riding my F3S. To each their own....
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

I put the SmoothSpyder belt stabilizer on, problem solved.

Another Day To Be My Kid's Dad [emoji379]
    2015 F3-S. And Another Day To Be My Kids Dad

Spyder Garage

Smile Baker Built

Rode up to the Baker Built Folks place. A nice country ride in western Ohio. They installed their belt stabilizer and luggage rack While I took a ride on their F3 with their air wings attached, and the office gal watched my dog (he rides with me often). Stabilizer solved the problem. Nice folks-no charge for the installation work, by the way.

Spyder Garage

Default Belt Stabilizer

Quote Originally Posted by whitzoo View Post
    Rode up to the Baker Built Folks place. A nice country ride in western Ohio. They installed their belt stabilizer and luggage rack While I took a ride on their F3 with their air wings attached, and the office gal watched my dog (he rides with me often). Stabilizer solved the problem. Nice folks-no charge for the installation work, by the way.
    Just installed the Baker Built Belt Stabilizer and it has eliminated the dreaded vibration. Watched their video and the Install was easy. Very happy.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by whitzoo View Post
    Do you have the passenger BRP backrest on? Wondering about the fit of the luggage rack with the passenger back rest. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So being that there is roughly 80$ price difference which belt tensioner.. Baker or smooth spyder

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Vibration

Just bought a new 2016 F3T with audio last Saturday. Got about 400 KM on it and havent felt it yet. Ill try reproducing the Vibration you guys are talking about at the RPM mentioned. Ill post again after testing..

Daniel...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Midian View Post
    This is not just directed at you but everyone with this issue: you all KNEW it was a first gen product. Same engine, tried and proven, but on a completely different platform. Every first gen release will have bugs. You're experiencing the bugs. Yes a company "should" fix problems with their products. But what's easier: buying a first gen product and expecting and waiting for a company to fix the bugs on a release or waiting for a second gen release when a lot, if not all, of the bugs have been worked out? At some point the consumer has to take some responsibility in all of this. Hindsight being what it is, maybe waiting a model year or so was the way to go.

First gen products, whether they are $25 toasters or $25,000 motorcycles, are really just beta releases. You can only test a product so much before it needs to be released and see how it holds up in day to day use. Besides, this is business. Models that have a lot of money and resources pumped into them need to be sold to recoup part of their investment. Then they fix all the bugs and more and more are sold bringing the company into the black for a particular model. I hate to break it to everyone but companies couldn't care less about your individual customer experience. There will be enough people jumping on their product and loving it that the first gen, beta owners' complaints and issues will not even make a dent in their popularity, especially given how strong the F3's second gen release and variants seem to be. It is a huge winner for BRP so that makes righting the first gen bugs really low on their 'to-do' list. To them you could always trade it in and pick up a new, greatly improved machine. This is where being a smart consumer comes into play. 'Caveat emptor'... It's naive to think that a company owes anyone anything. Companies owe it to their shareholders to turn viable and sustained profits. Good companies can do both: please shareholders and customers alike. BRP is a good company because look how at how many products they produce and how many happy customers they have. We all have choices as to the products we want to buy. Sometimes, and this is really hard to admit, we make the wrong one.

i just read about this a lot here and it seems a lot of fist pounding and yelling at the sky because it's raining, when a simpler solution would be to get an umbrella or stay inside until it stops. However it happens, I hope you all find a way to make peace with these issues and ride safe.

There has been some reports that owners are feeling the vibration on the F3 2016's

To fix - rock the throttle when you feel the vibration coming on, once past it ... your good. Takes about 1/2 second. Come on people!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    There has been some reports that owners are feeling the vibration on the F3 2016's

To fix - rock the throttle when you feel the vibration coming on, once past it ... your good. Takes about 1/2 second. Come on people!!!
    Excellent point. This vibration thing is just about as common as buffeting complaints. I start to think that some people are better off in cars. Convertibles might be an issue though.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Midian View Post
    Excellent point. This vibration thing is just about as common as buffeting complaints. I start to think that some people are better off in cars. Convertibles might be an issue though.
    Ya' Think?!?! "It vibrates, its to hot, I get to much wind on me, it smells like gas/exhaust, my tires wear out to fast, the clutch is to hard to pull, my fuel mileage is poor" etc etc etc...[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji85] [emoji85]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ca8920 View Post
    So, I took my new F3 on it's first long ride yesterday which entailed some freeway driving. Turns out I have the belt harmonics between 67 mph and 72 mph. Has anyone found a solution to this issue, or has anyone had any success with a resolution through Can Am.
    Yeah, don't ride between 67 and 72 mph!

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Vibration

So I took my new 2016 F3T out tonight with the wife and Yes I can confirm that there is vibration at a certain RPM and Speed. Even the Wife noticed it. So ill go talk to my dealer tomorrow and see how many people have reported this to them and to see how much for a Drive Belt Tensioner if needed.. It is annoying for sure...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=Dmartin;1128701]So I took my new 2016 F3T out tonight with the wife and Yes I can confirm that there is vibration at a certain RPM and Speed. Even the Wife noticed it. So ill go talk to my dealer tomorrow and see how many people have reported this to them and to see how much for a Drive Belt Tensioner if needed.. It is annoying for sure...[/QUOTE

Good luck with that. lol
    Dealer will be very excited to help solve that problem!!!!
    It is a well know characteristic of the Spyder
    Last edited by Tazzel; 05-12-2016 at 10:28 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyF3 View Post
    So being that there is roughly 80$ price difference which belt tensioner.. Baker or smooth spyder
    Just my 2 cents but .......SmoothSpyder has a better look....no spring hanging off the side.............easy install and easy adjustment

Spyder Garage

So I'm picking up my F3t today and have been following some threads on the vibration. It seems that the vibration resolves itself after several thousand miles? Am I understanding that correctly?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSue View Post
    So I'm picking up my F3t today and have been following some threads on the vibration. It seems that the vibration resolves itself after several thousand miles? Am I understanding that correctly?
    That seems to be the trend. Or you may never notice it -- I never felt it. From what I read here, it sounds like you can just throttle up or down to get past it, seems like no biggie to me but I'm sure others will disagree.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    That seems to be the trend. Or you may never notice it -- I never felt it. From what I read here, it sounds like you can just throttle up or down to get past it, seems like no biggie to me but I'm sure others will disagree.
    Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vondalyn View Post
    Our 2015 S has 4,000 miles now and a recent Elka shock. Because the shock rides higher (or the bike does) the vibration is less noticeable now, because it is related to belt tension. The higher the bike rides the less tension is on the belt.

For T and Limited riders I would think that adjusting the preload correctly using the airbag and the method I suggested in another thread will also reduce the vibration.

The problem with the two belt harmonisers mentioned is that they use very small idler wheels which spin at many thousands of RPMs and will whine and use up bearings reasonably rapidly. I don't think they are a real fix.

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Vibration

So went to the dealer and explained the vibration. They consulted BRP web site and they found a very interesting charts showing and explaining the coroletion between RPM and vibration. It was interesting. My spyder is going in Next Tuesday for its 1000 km check. They have a Fuse recall 0n the 2016 so they will check that and see what has to be done about the vibration. The spec and charts explains what has to be done to fix or reduce the vibration. I also contacted Jim about a belt tensioner and He informed me that it would NOT mount on the 2016 model because the T and Limiteds use the Rt swingarm and there isn't a place to attach it to like the F-3 trellis type swingarm.

Spyder Garage

Just another BRP feature, part of the design. Join the BRP doesn't care club. I have a 2014 RTL that also has the belt shake. No reason to expect for the $$$ that we spent for it to operate as advertised. BRP sucks, just my 2 cents.