Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: F3 Vibration

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcasey View Post
    I don't know what I am doing but my vibration is almost gone. If I didn't know it was there I wouldn't know it. I did have the first service done the other day and they might have changed the adj on the belt.

Yes my vibration is almost gone as well after 2500 miles

Spyder Garage

Default Vibration on new f3

Mine did this on way home from dealer, when it starts if you back off throttle and then increase slowly it go away.
    should not have to put up with that on a $30 thousand dollar machine. Shame on BRP.
    Last edited by Crossbow; 04-03-2016 at 06:51 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Vibration has disappeared

3000 miles and my vibration has disappeared.
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Spyder Garage

I was getting a bad vibration right around 62mph. I put some more air in my tires (22 in front 32 rear) and the vibration disappeared.

2015 F3 SE6

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I got the vibration today on my way home from work (2016 F3T with 150 miles). It's noticeable - especially since your so used to the ride being smooth and all of a sudden it kicks in. Mine was at about 75mph. I slowed down and it went away. I'm not going to panic since most people have said on here it eventually goes away. But I have to say it's not just normal motorcycle vibration. The whole bike and your body vibrates. Anyone else have any more updates regarding their F3s?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    I got the vibration today on my way home from work (2016 F3T with 150 miles). It's noticeable - especially since your so used to the ride being smooth and all of a sudden it kicks in. Mine was at about 75mph. I slowed down and it went away. I'm not going to panic since most people have said on here it eventually goes away. But I have to say it's not just normal motorcycle vibration. The whole bike and your body vibrates. Anyone else have any more updates regarding their F3s?
    All Spyders have belt vibration and the best and only way to stop it is spend your money and fit a Smoothspyder -An easy fix for F3 vibration. End of all your problems with vibration forget about the rest this is the BEST.

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure what the vibration feels like....
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ron2andia View Post
    I'm not sure what the vibration feels like....

You haven't felt it. I knew right away. The whole bike shakes to the point where it's hard to see. I'm not panicking since it seems to be common, but it isn't pleasant. Most people here says it will stop as I break the bike in. I'm going to take it a couple hundred miles this weekend.

Spyder Garage

You haven't felt it. I knew right away. The whole bike shakes to the point where it's hard to see. I'm not panicking since it seems to be common, but it isn't pleasant. Most people here says it will stop as I break the bike in. I'm going to take it a couple hundred miles this weekend.
    It does not and will not go away no matter how may miles you put on unless you fit a belt tensioner believe me, you can get the belt re-tensioned and all that does is shift the vibration to different speed.

Spyder Garage

Default Vibration

I don't recall anybody saying it shakes to the point it's hard to see.
    I guess my bike isn't broken it yet I only have 14,000 and the grinding vibration still rears it's ugly head every once in awhile.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    I don't recall anybody saying it shakes to the point it's hard to see.
    I guess my bike isn't broken it yet I only have 14,000 and the grinding vibration still rears it's ugly head every once in awhile.
    may be normal. I'm not implying it happens on every bike. I'm new to the Spyder so I won't speculate whose bike is broke in and who's isn't. My point was I didn't know what people were talking about until I felt it myself. I only get the vibration on the highway at about 75 mph. I'm not stessing over it, just acknowledging it's there.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ca8920 View Post
    So, I took my new F3 on it's first long ride yesterday which entailed some freeway driving. Turns out I have the belt harmonics between 67 mph and 72 mph. Has anyone found a solution to this issue, or has anyone had any success with a resolution through Can Am.
    I installed the Smooth Spyder Tensioner which is advertised on the forum. Super easy install....super easy to adjust and has totally eliminated the vibration....Period!!!

Spyder Garage

I looked at them, but it says they don't fit the F3T

Spyder Garage

Default Vibration gone

Vibration on my F3-S has totally disappeared. Just over 3000 miles on mine.
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra

Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela

Spyder Garage

Default Frustrated with the issue

I have over 8000 miles on my F3-S and still have the vibration. Almost everyone has the issue, dealers say it is within specs, you send $$$, and BRP says it is normal. It is definitely a belt issue. Why should anyone spend more $$ to fix a BRP issue?
    God bless those who serve/served our country!

Spyder Garage

Default F3T

It will be interesting to find out if owners of the F3T and other 2016 models experience vibration issue.
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra

Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

5k miles still feel the vibration between 65mph to 67mph. I rock the throttle a little to get past it. Not as bad as when first new. To me its no big deal. Do I wish the Spyder was a perfect machine, absolutely but finding that in any bike is impossible.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Darren111 View Post
    It will be interesting to find out if owners of the F3T and other 2016 models experience vibration issue.

Two post up from your post the gentleman says he has a F3T. That's disturbing since it has a different swingarm!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    Two post up from your post the gentleman says he has a F3T. That's disturbing since it has a different swingarm!

No not really, It is a Spyder= belt driven=some vibration

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

2016 F3T Limited SS triple black... Not one bit of vibration anywhere, or at least as much as I have experienced on anything else in 24 years of riding. You know, cars usually have no vibration at all. Maybe stick to the cage. Food for thought...

Oh don't look at me like that. I am only joking around!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

I've been keeping quiet on this issue for a while but now boredom and lack of access to my Spyder are forcing me to comment
    (or it may be the drugs I'm on!).
    I had the belt induced vibration at around 60-70 mph but I ride hard and I noticed at around 5500 miles it was no longer apparent.
    Last time I rode it......last month, I made a determined effort to get the vibration to show itself and it didn't.
    So I put this down to the belt getting more supple with use. We've all seen how inflexible an alternator belt is on a car when new and how they
    are after several thousand miles; well I'm thinking that a similar thing affects the Spyder belt.

Spyder Garage

Default 2016 F3 Limited

I have belt vibration in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th gear. It seemed to get worse as we rode yesterday. I noticed a lot more with a passenger than when I drove it home with no passenger. It appears to be mainly from 3600 to 4100 rpm's in the above mentioned gears. Annoying it is, vibrates the bars, mirrors, seat and footboards.
    2016 Spyder F3 Limited Steel Black Metallic
    Lamonster approved LED Headlights
    Lamonsters LED Fog lights
    BRP Driver & Passenger backrest
    BRP Trailer Hitch
    Shamrock Black & Polished
    Signature light
    Elka front shock's
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Dual Power outlets
    Garmin 590 GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nyparrothead View Post
    Hi

sorry to say that the F3 has a defect from the factory and BRP is doing little to address it. Now many will attack me for saying and will excuse away the defect.... No bike should have a issue that makes it uncomfortable to ride in a speed range were Mose highway riding is done.

the only fix is a belt tensioner... Sadly after you spend 20k+ on your new bike you have to spend another 300.00 to make it comfortable to ride....

mark
    Ours was noticeable at first, especially two up, but as the miles have increased it has become less noticeable.

What's more, fitting an Elka shock reduced the effect because the back sits up higher, which puts less tension on the belt. I wouldn't be surprised if it keeps on reducing in severity and you will be proved wrong once again. I hope you don't mind... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor G View Post
    Ours was noticeable at first, especially two up, but as the miles have increased it has become less noticeable.

What's more, fitting an Elka shock reduced the effect because the back sits up higher, which puts less tension on the belt. I wouldn't be surprised if it keeps on reducing in severity and you will be proved wrong once again. I hope you don't mind... ;-)
    Funny you should mention it Trevor. I had the vibration but I also put an Elka on haven't noticed it since. In fact I had totally forgotten about it

Spyder Garage

Default Engine vibration.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedoucette66 View Post
    It's belt vibration not engine vibration!!!! That i'M POSITIVE Horrible from 105km/h to 115km/h then goes away.
    If it's the belt causing the vibration, why can I feel it parked in Neutral & reving the engine to 3200--3800 rpm??? I personally believe the belt tensioner reduces some of engine vibration that's transfered via the belt---on my F3's--the belt tensioner reduces the vibration at approx 50%, it's still there--just less noticeable....

By the way--most sport bike engines also have an engine vibration at certain rpm's & the sport bikes use a chain drive.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black