Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: F3 Vibration

Spyder Garage

Default F3 Vibration

So, I took my new F3 on it's first long ride yesterday which entailed some freeway driving. Turns out I have the belt harmonics between 67 mph and 72 mph. Has anyone found a solution to this issue, or has anyone had any success with a resolution through Can Am.

Spyder Garage

Default Harmonics

Quote Originally Posted by ca8920 View Post
    So, I took my new F3 on it's first long ride yesterday which entailed some freeway driving. Turns out I have the belt harmonics between 67 mph and 72 mph. Has anyone found a solution to this issue, or has anyone had any success with a resolution through Can Am.
    Having baker belt tensioner installed next week.. Will post results.

Ron

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Any luck w tensioner?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
    Having baker belt tensioner installed next week.. Will post results.

Ron
    Any luck with the belt tensioner? Brought my F3 home today and I noticed it on my inaugural ride home.

thanks!
    B

Spyder Garage

I had my dealer adjust the belt so the harmonic now occurs between 105 and 110mph and since I limit my ryding at those speeds I don't notice it much. Incidentally for anyone who has not tested it, the F3 will go much faster than that.
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Registered Users mikedoucette66's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Yup notice the vibration bigtime... it starts at about 105km/h and goes till 115km/h then disappears. I feel it in my handlebars, seat even through the seat. It's hard to believe that BRP never felt this when they were test driving the prototype F3's!! I'm really curious if a belt tensioner will fix this issue and how long will it take BRP to do something about it

Spyder Garage

Default F3 vibration

I sent an email to Steve M at BRP care asking if BRP has a plan to mitigate the vibration on our F3s,it will be interesting to see what, if anything, can or will be done to make this annoying vibration go away.
    dealer said it "was normal " that's the same answer I got when I complained about the heat issue I had on my 2013 STS,and we all know how that worked out.

we shal see

Spyder Garage

Somewhere else on here this was brought up and what was thought is that it is an engine vibration at a specific speed when in 6th gear not the belt. When I felt it on mine I down shifted out of 6th gear and the vibration was gone.

Spyder Garage

Sorry,
    To hear you have the vibration issue, too. I posted about it in Feb. just after I got the bike. Very frustrating. Dealer double checked the belt alignment
    and tension but it was right on spec. so I still have the vibration. BRP said it was due to the length of the belt. The guy I talked with said not to add a belt tensioner because the added tension could cause other issues in the long run...
    Hope you have better luck, Please keep me posted if you find a fix.
    thanks.
    DJ
    2015 F3-S Pearl White SM6 with a 7 Jurock custom windshield, Smooth-Spyder backrest, Shad saddle bags, RT sway bar, Elka stage 2 shocks in front and stage 2 with hyd. adjuster in the rear. Lamonster's LED fog lights, TricLed headlights, TricLed Safety LED package.
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Default VIBRATION... IS NOT:

Quote Originally Posted by Retired 2012 View Post
    Sorry,
    To hear you have the vibration issue, too. I posted about it in Feb. just after I got the bike. Very frustrating. Dealer double checked the belt alignment
    and tension but it was right on spec. so I still have the vibration. BRP said it was due to the length of the belt. The guy I talked with said not to add a belt tensioner because the added tension could cause other issues in the long run...
    Hope you have better luck, Please keep me posted if you find a fix.
    thanks.
    DJ
    Normal, and it's not the engine....I've even had knowledgeable BRP people tell me it's my imagination... Stay tuned..I think some very smart forum sponsors have figured how to reduce or stop it. I added a belt tensioner On my 2013 RT, MY 2014 RT, and that SOLVED the problem . Further, it caused no problems. Belt tensioner goes on F3 tomorrow

Ron

Spyder Garage

Default Baker Built Belt Stabilizer

Quote Originally Posted by ca8920 View Post
    We at Baker Built have a belt stabilizer that will not add any more tension on the belt but will take the vibration out. Please check us out on our web site where you may view pictures of the belt stabilizer.
    Thanks, Mike

Spyder Garage

some have said to not use 6th till your past 70mph and you wont feel any vibs.6th gear unde 72 mph is bogging the engine. try it and see for yourself.

Registered Users mikedoucette66's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

It's belt vibration not engine vibration!!!! That i'M POSITIVE Horrible from 105km/h to 115km/h then goes away.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 Belt Vibration

Had my new F3 to 2 local dealers and they both advised belt was in normal spec and tension. Both said vibration was normal with spyders. Hopefully smooth spyder will have a new product for the F3's shortly.

Spyder Garage

Default World's most expensive vibrator!

Quote Originally Posted by mikedoucette66 View Post
    Yup notice the vibration bigtime... it starts at about 105km/h and goes till 115km/h then disappears. I feel it in my handlebars, seat even through the seat. It's hard to believe that BRP never felt this when they were test driving the prototype F3's!! I'm really curious if a belt tensioner will fix this issue and how long will it take BRP to do something about it
    I too, got the same run around at the dealer today! I was told that it is normal for the F3's to do this. The salesman that sold me the bike said he couldn't feel it much at all. I spent a lot of money on a vibrator, not happy with the dealer that had the gall to charge me a 1/2 hour labor to look at the belt, and tell me everything is fine!!

Spyder Garage

Default belt vibration

everyone is talking about the speed at which vibration occurs; need to be looking at rpm and then shift down to the no vibration rpm.
    just shift out of the vibration zone......stop lugging the engine / drive line.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cmungen View Post
    everyone is talking about the speed at which vibration occurs; need to be looking at rpm and then shift down to the no vibration rpm.
    The engine is not lugging in the least! It is a very annoying vibration. You can drop the RPM's below 3800-4100 or above and the vibration goes away. So lugging the engine is not even part of the equation!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

One would think that this harmonic, if RPM related, would also occur in the same RPM range in lower gears, but I don't see this in the postings....Everything revolves around speed in 6th gear. Hmmmm??????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bogging the engine is in the equation. Learn to shift the beast correctly and vibration is gone.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    Bogging the engine is in the equation. Learn to shift the beast correctly and vibration is gone.
    Do you have an F3?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post

No, its not. The vibration happens right in the engine's sweet spot on the torque curve. Not bogging, not lugging, driving correctly goes right through the belt harmonic range. And it is very annoying. yes you can drive around it but you should not have to. Not in the range it occurs. Its a defect in the design, not improper riding. This is starting to sound like the heat defects in the 2013 RTs. Yea, that was all in my head and over filling of the tank too......

I too hope SmoothSpyder comes out with a well designed tensioner that solves this.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    Do you have an F3?
    Yes I do, do you?

Spyder Garage

Vibration is a pain!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    No, its not. The vibration happens right in the engine's sweet spot on the torque curve. Not bogging, not lugging, driving correctly goes right through the belt harmonic range. And it is very annoying. yes you can drive around it but you should not have to. Not in the range it occurs. Its a defect in the design, not improper riding. This is starting to sound like the heat defects in the 2013 RTs. Yea, that was all in my head and over filling of the tank too......

I too hope SmoothSpyder comes out with a well designed tensioner that solves this.

Yes, I do have to agree, you should not have to drive around the vibration. I don't think a belt tensioner is going to solve the vibration issue but I hope I am wrong.

Spyder Garage

I totally agree not having to ride around the vibration. I have had several bikes over years, many of them belt driven w/o vibration problems. I am really disappointed with mine, it's so annoying to ride. .

Spyder Garage

Default Luggimg

Quote Originally Posted by cmungen View Post

It doesnt vibrate when the engine is lugging

ron