Spyder Garage

Default Gonna spring for a 2015 RT limited- what am I gonna need to add?

About to pull the trigger on a 2015 Rt limited. Trading in my 2011 RTS. To the 2011 I added:
    Inspector Gadgets Luggage rack-loved it!
    Baja Rons Sway Bar- loved it!
    Handlebar helmet locks- big help.
    Woodgrain dash- nice but probably wont do again.
    Lamonsters Highway pegs- nice add on.
    Hopnel dash bag- maybe again, maybe not.
    12v outlet and voltage gauge to replace the redundant gauges- definitely yes to 12v maybe to voltage meter.
    Gas door to seat- hope I can find someone to do it again.

Looking for thoughts on what the 2015 Limited needs to make it better?

Thanks in advance for all the help I know I am going to get!

One more different question: How much more are you willing to pay to buy from the good dealer than the known pain in the a.. dealer?

Looks like it will be about $2000 more to go to the good guys. The good guys will get the service work and any parts/acc sales, but in my mind any more than about $500 and I am buying from bad and going to good for all after work...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by purplepig View Post
    About to pull the trigger on a 2015 Rt limited. Trading in my 2011 RTS. To the 2011 I added:
    Inspector Gadgets Luggage rack-loved it!
    Baja Rons Sway Bar- loved it!
    Handlebar helmet locks- big help.
    Woodgrain dash- nice but probably wont do again.
    Lamonsters Highway pegs- nice add on.
    Hopnel dash bag- maybe again, maybe not.
    12v outlet and voltage gauge to replace the redundant gauges- definitely yes to 12v maybe to voltage meter.
    Gas door to seat- hope I can find someone to do it again.

Looking for thoughts on what the 2015 Limited needs to make it better?

Thanks in advance for all the help I know I am going to get!

One more different question: How much more are you willing to pay to buy from the good dealer than the known pain in the a.. dealer?

Looks like it will be about $2000 more to go to the good guys. The good guys will get the service work and any parts/acc sales, but in my mind any more than about $500 and I am buying from bad and going to good for all after work...
    I would be careful where you buy. Some dealers will refuse service if the machine is not purchased from them. Shop around for the best deal. I did at least 6 dealers in my quest in the 15 rt-s.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by purplepig View Post
    The good guys will get the service work and any parts/acc sales, but in my mind any more than about $500 and I am buying from bad and going to good for all after work...
    Sounds like a good plan to me.

As for mods, the "essential" ones for me are the BajaRon sway bar, the BajaRon shock adjusters, and the comfort seat (because of my size). After that, the Rivco front cup holder and JT's dash accessory bar for convenience, and the Signal Dynamics Wig-Wag brake light modulator for safety. You can click the link in my signature to see the other mods I've added.

Congratulations on the new Spyder.
    Last edited by robmorg; 06-11-2015 at 09:42 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Alignment, sway bar and then lights so maybe the idiots will see you! Front fender amber and red LED, brightsides on the rear saddlebags, Custom Dynamics HMT brake light, TricLED American Flag light, mirror turn signal lights.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by happyspyder2039 View Post
    I would be careful where you buy. Some dealers will refuse service if the machine is not purchased from them. Shop around for the best deal. I did at least 6 dealers in my quest in the 15 rt-s.
    I don't know if this still applies today but we had a Honda dealer here that tried that back in the 80"s and numerous complaints were filed with American Honda. They told him he was on the verge of being stripped of his dealership. They also forced him to take out a ad in the paper saying that they were proud to work on any Honda regardless of where it was purchased.
    He eventually went out of business. I like to think it was too little too late.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

With all of the changes to the new bike; why not just try adding some MILES to it first?
    Take your time... You sure know how to evaluate what the bike might need...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You've owned a Spyder before and you're asking us what to add to a new one? You're kidding, right???

Farkle away!
    Last edited by PrairieSpyder; 06-12-2015 at 09:47 AM.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default You might read a gem here..

New bike - new info for it.. Might just find something here to help with your new ride:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Alignment, sway bar and then lights so maybe the idiots will see you! Front fender amber and red LED, brightsides on the rear saddlebags, Custom Dynamics HMT brake light, TricLED American Flag light, mirror turn signal lights.

alignment?? on a new bike? curious as to why Ann

thanks
    david shelton

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you pretty well have the new decked out. Lights are always good for more farkles.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Lazer Alignment, Bump Skid, Sway Bar.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluedeval03 View Post

thanks
    david shelton

New bikes come with a So-So Alignment, Lazer Alignment makes a major difference on about 90% or more new Spyders.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    New bikes come with a So-So Alignment, Lazer Alignment makes a major difference on about 90% or more new Spyders.

Cruzr Joe

thanks joe, how much does a laser alignment typically run? and how often is it being reported on being done?

Spyder Garage

Default Nothing...!!

Ryde it and you will see what you need. Beyond that you already know from owning the 2011. Not that much difference aside from engine and transmisson...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

thanks
    david shelton
    Because they are born "out of alignment" and the laser alignment is much more accurate! That's my story and I am sticking to it!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

thanks
    david shelton
    I was a hold out since the beginning. Had both s' done when Joe and Ann were here. They were off--one big time--the other not so bad.

Does it work? It feels like I have two new 's. Actually, they track better than new.

I would add the laser alignment to any farkle list.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks akspyderman. I am just going through the posts to make myself more aware about the spyder. It is definitely added to my list of things to have done when I buy mine. Already have a nice list of add ons to order as well