Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rando View Post
    Immitation is the best form of flattery...
    Oh so true! But, this toy lacks the sst; ebd; scs and other goodies of BRP. It does look different in the front. But workmanship is lackluster. Does it have a front trunk compartment? Reverse? Just wondering...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Seeing this is the hot topic for today I'll tell you what I do like about it from the pictures.....
    I have to tell you, Lamont, you are really an incredible guy, and my respect grows for you every time I visit your website.

The quality is not up to par on the thing....and definitely not at the same level of the Spyder...or even close, and we are not even mentioning the features that it naturally lacks.

There are probably a few dozen things that you, as a knowledgeable person, could find on this knock-off to criticize, but instead you decided to point out all of the POSITIVE things that you noticed. Man, that is just way too cool!

I know that you most likely wouldn't even take one of these if they gave you one for free....and ride it. But you still stay positive.

All I can say is that I find this to be so very refreshing, and rare. There's so many forums out there where people tear each other apart...make fun of most anything and everything.....and just maintain a general "I am better, smarter, superior...then you" type of atmosphere. THIS SITE IS NOT ONE OF THOSE PLACES, and we all have YOU to thank for that.

This post is probably way to corny, but I just had to say it.

Derwin
    Last edited by Derwin; 12-18-2008 at 08:30 PM.

Spyder Garage

Finding the good in not so good things is great! But the Spyder IS better, smarter, and superior to that thing! But I would certainly take one for free and rally that sucker!

Cheers!
    Are ya pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?

Happy owner of PE# 52 silver, hindle, fog lights, trim kit, touring windshield, sportrack, backrest.

Spyder Garage

I'm sure BRP will be all over that thing. It's way to close to their product.
    I sure hope so! It may not be a but sure as hell looks close!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Derwin View Post
    Hey, man..... This copycat thing might be just up my alley.....something I may just be able to afford!

But only 250cc?
    You won't be able to keep up w/ anyone Derwin. Not a good investment IMHO.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    You won't be able to keep up w/ anyone Derwin. Not a good investment IMHO.
    Yeah, I know your right. But I'm just sooooooo anxious to experience this dang this.....even if it is a cheap no-good knock-off! Heck, I should be able to sell it after a while for at least a couple thousand, and that way I can have fun on it while I'm saving for the Spyder.

I don't know. I never did like cheap imitations of ANYTHING. But times are rough, man!

Derwin

Spyder Garage

Remember - you get what you pay for

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Terribull View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhAHHAHAHAHAHAH

250CC

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

{sigh} subtly isn't one of my positive qualities.
    Happy Spyder Owner - 2008 Millennium Yellow PE #2475
    HID lights, fog lights, Hindle exhaust, heated grips, anti-vibe bars, passenger extension pegs, BRP custom seat, seat cowl, sport rack/backrest, BRP saddlebags, CHAD black/smoke windshield, outdoor cover, Garmin Quest GPS, Rear axel billets.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Remember - you get what you pay for
    Yeah, I know. The more I think about it, and look at it, the more I realize how I want the CanAm Spyder, and not a low powered cheap knock-off.

Like I said earlier, where having a SNOW BLIZZARD here in Chicago, and it's below FREEZING! So I'm not going to be riding now anyway.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Be interesting to see if anyone is going to stock them and let you demo them, though, just to see how they are.....might be like comparing a scooter to a sports touring bike. If it had safety features it could be fun but not as a replacement for our s. Just think it would be cool to have a Spyder or two on the road with a "litter" of little ones following along like they just hatched!

Spyder Garage

I have to tell you, Lamont, you are really an incredible guy, and my respect grows for you every time I visit your website.

The quality is not up to par on the thing....and definitely not at the same level of the Spyder...or even close, and we are not even mentioning the features that it naturally lacks.

There are probably a few dozen things that you, as a knowledgeable person, could find on this knock-off to criticize, but instead you decided to point out all of the POSITIVE things that you noticed. Man, that is just way too cool!

I know that you most likely wouldn't even take one of these if they gave you one for free....and ride it. But you still stay positive.

All I can say is that I find this to be so very refreshing, and rare. There's so many forums out there where people tear each other apart...make fun of most anything and everything.....and just maintain a general "I am better, smarter, superior...then you" type of atmosphere. THIS SITE IS NOT ONE OF THOSE PLACES, and we all have YOU to thank for that.

Derwin
    Not corny at all, I agree with you and must say, "WELL SAID Derwin, Well Said."

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the props.

I've been riding bikes for a while now and I've seen all the attitudes that go along with it.

When I rode a Sporty it was a girls bike to the Big Twin guys. When I rode a Big Twin it was a RUB bike because it was a EVO.

When I rode a Valkyrie it put me at the top of the food chain for a while but I still got grief about riding a Honda. I even had one HD guy tell me he really liked what I did to my bike but why did I waste all that money on a Honda.

Now that I run a few websites I see the same thing with the same bikes. The VTX 1800 guys make fun of the VTX 1300 guys and now that Suzuki came out with a M90 that pretty much looks just like the M109 the 109 guys are pitching a fit that I gave them their own sub board.

I rode a 5700cc motorcycle (Boss Hoss) for about 5 years and if I wanted to claim bragging rights I could. I really didn't care to. I ride what I want to ride for my reasons and I don't really care what others think as long as the bike I'm riding is making me happy.

I'm not a big fan of China anything and one of the reasons I quit going to the Indy Dealer show is because I've watched it being taken over buy cheap China knockoffs. You're right, I most likely wouldn't ride one of these if they gave it to me. Not because it's doesn't have some cool features but because I think if enough people buy this stuff based on price only it won't be long before there are no other choices out there for those of us that want to buy based on quality and not price. I'm sure they will do well but I won't be building any club websites for them.

Derwin

Spyder Garage

I ride what I want to ride for my reasons and I don't really care what others think as long as the bike I'm riding is making me happy.
    Truer words were never spoken! Bike snobbery runs rampant these days, but we don't have to be a part of it. I ride what I like, and like what I ride, just like you. That is evident by my collection of orphans and weirdos. Well spoken Lamont.
    ...Excuse me, the men in the white coats say it is time for my treatments now, gotta run...
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the props.

I've been riding bikes for a while now and I've seen all the attitudes that go along with it.

When I rode a Sporty it was a girls bike to the Big Twin guys. When I rode a Big Twin it was a RUB bike because it was a EVO.

When I rode a Valkyrie it put me at the top of the food chain for a while but I still got grief about riding a Honda. I even had one HD guy tell me he really liked what I did to my bike but why did I waste all that money on a Honda.

Now that I run a few websites I see the same thing with the same bikes. The VTX 1800 guys make fun of the VTX 1300 guys and now that Suzuki came out with a M90 that pretty much looks just like the M109 the 109 guys are pitching a fit that I gave them their own sub board.

I rode a 5700cc motorcycle (Boss Hoss) for about 5 years and if I wanted to claim bragging rights I could. I really didn't care to. I ride what I want to ride for my reasons and I don't really care what others think as long as the bike I'm riding is making me happy.

I'm not a big fan of China anything and one of the reasons I quit going to the Indy Dealer show is because I've watched it being taken over buy cheap China knockoffs. You're right, I most likely wouldn't ride one of these if they gave it to me. Not because it's doesn't have some cool features but because
    I think if enough people buy this stuff based on price only it won't be long before there are no other choices out there for those of us that want to buy based on quality and not price.
    I'm sure they will do well but I won't be building any club websites for them.
    Very good perspective. I totally agree with that. People ought to think of quality. The Spyder is reasonably priced and yet has a lot of good aspects with regard to safety and features.
    Last edited by IMRU3; 12-19-2008 at 01:34 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'm willing to bet it will be available at Walmart

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Truer words were never spoken! Bike snobbery runs rampant these days, but we don't have to be a part of it. I ride what I like, and like what I ride, just like you. That is evident by my collection of orphans and weirdos. Well spoken Lamont.
    ...Excuse me, the men in the white coats say it is time for my treatments now, gotta run...
    -Scotty
    Just pretend to swallow them your alright Ive always agreed with both of your statements It dosn't matter what you ride as long as it has 2 wheels but know some of us have 3

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I know. The more I think about it, and look at it, the more I realize how I want the CanAm Spyder, and not a low powered cheap knock-off.

Like I said earlier, where having a SNOW BLIZZARD here in Chicago, and it's below FREEZING! So I'm not going to be riding now anyway.
    Snowing here too! Well you got all winter to figure out what to do.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post

Way2Fast

It seems that patents and copyright laws do not apply to stuff made in China. They have already copied the hulls of personal watercraft right down to the smallest detail. Right now most of the copied motorized vehicles are down on power from the originals. But just wait a few years and they might be on top of the feeding chain...power and feature wise. Corporations everywhere have switched much of their manufacturing to China. I just purchased a Pentax digital camera only to find that it was no longer made in Japan...it's now made in China. Even the Japs can't compete with the low cost of Chinese labor. I wonder what the actual percentage of parts used in our Spyders comes from China? The tires and wheels and much of the electronics etc, are imported from the far east. Even Harley Davidson uses a LOT of Chinese parts in their bikes. Ditto for the Big 3 automakers.

No wonder unemployment is so high. Until a stiff tariff is placed on the imported junk (like 100% +) there will be no hope for an economic recovery in our nation. More and more American companies will continue to move production and purchase parts from the countries with cheap labor.

Richard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roaddog2 View Post
    You're on... Pep Boys first.

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Way2Fast View Post
    It seems that patents and copyright laws do not apply to stuff made in China. They have already copied the hulls of personal watercraft right down to the smallest detail. Right now most of the copied motorized vehicles are down on power from the originals. But just wait a few years and they might be on top of the feeding chain...power and feature wise. Corporations everywhere have switched much of their manufacturing to China. I just purchased a Pentax digital camera only to find that it was no longer made in Japan...it's now made in China. Even the Japs can't compete with the low cost of Chinese labor. I wonder what the actual percentage of parts used in our Spyders comes from China? The tires and wheels and much of the electronics etc, are imported from the far east. Even Harley Davidson uses a LOT of Chinese parts in their bikes. Ditto for the Big 3 automakers.

No wonder unemployment is so high. Until a stiff tariff is placed on the imported junk (like 100% +) there will be no hope for an economic recovery in our nation. More and more American companies will continue to move production and purchase parts from the countries with cheap labor.

Richard

I have to eat my words about not buying Chinese products just a bit. dltang and I went to one of the local Steve and Barry's stores that are going out of business to find a good price on winter coats for a coat drive that our church is helping out a local charity with. They are providing coats for low income kids and adults in our area. Every coat in the place was 50% off sticker price and the sticker prices were $14.99, $19.99 and $24.99. I noticed that every coat they had was Made in China but we still bought a number of them to help this very worthwhile cause. Yeah the coats seemed a bit thinner than I would have liked but a thin winter coat is better than a hole-y coat or no coat at all.

Tis the season for giving. Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited by bjt; 12-19-2008 at 07:33 PM.