Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket seats

Hey everyone, I'm looking at buying another spyder (RSS) and am looking for all the information I can find on aftermarket seats. I'm a chest level paraplegic, didn't have any seat mods on my old GS as back then, there wasn't much available aftermarket.
    I'm looking to open the seat upholstery panel under riders ass and replace foam with supracor or similar and replace upholstery panel with a more breathable material, not sure what yet? Tried air hawk etc in the past but struggled with the higher riding position.
    Also plan on having removable rider back rest, has to be removable as I transfer on to bike and then I lift my rigid wheelchair onto rack at rear. This requires me to slide around on the whole seat, the reason for "removable" backrest.
    Any and all information and creative ideas and of course any that enabled riders have already implemented would be gratefully appreciated

cheers,
    roller

Spyder Garage

Default seat

I cut out my foam and inserted the air hawk cushion in my seat. It works perfect and you can't even tell it's there. My spider is set up just like your explaining you want yours. I can send you some pics if you want. Mine is a 2011 rss. I don't know how to post pictures but I can send on my phone. By the way I think I am going to sell mine. Need a new van. My # 209-740-3228

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mclovin View Post
    I cut out my foam and inserted the air hawk cushion in my seat. It works perfect and you can't even tell it's there. My spider is set up just like your explaining you want yours. I can send you some pics if you want. Mine is a 2011 rss. I don't know how to post pictures but I can send on my phone. By the way I think I am going to sell mine. Need a new van. My # 209-740-3228
    Hey mclovin, I'd have been interested in your bike but I managed to get one yesterday I'd been eye balling. I don't know your price but there' a member "MrGimpy" looking a spyder with a handbrake?
    I cut out the foam on my old GS and tried airhawk and few other things, wasn't bad but I'm thinking this time I'll take off the panel under my ass and install some supracor and recover with something breathable? Not sure yet.... Also like to add a backrest

cheers
    roller

Spyder Garage

I ordered an Ultimate seat from https://ultimateseats.ca
    Comfortable and with both rider and passenger backrest
    30 years Over the road truck driver. Now the better half wants to do all the provinces on the Spyder. Maybe when it grows up to a Newer one.
    Copied from a post in Mean People.
    When told "that ain't a motorcycle," I reply, "You're right - it's actually a snowmobile and I ordered the optional tires so I can ride it year round." Shuts 'em up every time!

2012 RSS-SE5
    Avon HD Grips.
    K&N oil transmission and Air filters
    Ultimate Seat With both backrests .Black with Ostrich Red Stripe
    2012 RS S SE5 , Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

06- 2015!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm looking at buying another spyder (RSS) and am looking for all the information I can find on aftermarket seats. I'm a chest level paraplegic, didn't have any seat mods on my old GS as back then, there wasn't much available aftermarket.
    I'm looking to open the seat upholstery panel under riders ass and replace foam with supracor or similar and replace upholstery panel with a more breathable material, not sure what yet? Tried air hawk etc in the past but struggled with the higher riding position.
    Also plan on having removable rider back rest, has to be removable as I transfer on to bike and then I lift my rigid wheelchair onto rack at rear. This requires me to slide around on the whole seat, the reason for "removable" backrest.
    Any and all information and creative ideas and of course any that enabled riders have already implemented would be gratefully appreciated

cheers,
    roller
    I AM YOUR MAN....
    Dave here from Valley Customs
    I also own Valley Medical Repair in Linden CA.
    I have been a custom motorcycle seat builder for over 40 years and have been
    using medical gel in them since 2003, I have my Gel with memory foam custom made
    for me by the company that invented it and the memory foam I use in Hospital beds, wheel chairs
    and such. I have the Gel made in the shape of motorcycle seats that can also be cut to any shape and size
    The entire kit is only $79.95
    Feel free to call me I will be happy to help you with your seat.
    My phone is 209-887-3283 I am available 7 days a week from 9:00AM to 8:00PM Pacific Time Zone
    This is a project you can do yourself it is easy using regular hand tools and the items I send along with the Gel Kit.
    Hoping this will help you out
    Dave
    Dave's Conformax Gel .jpegGEL embedded in seat.jpg
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO #1.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    I AM YOUR MAN....
    Dave here from Valley Customs ......
    Not sure there's much point in telling roller that ^^ Dave - as I posted about 8 months back, this thread & most of the discussion occurred back in June 2015, ie, coming up on 6 years ago; and further to that, neither of the 2 original discussion posters have even looked in on the Forum for about 3 years!

2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!