Spyder Garage

Default From Germany with heat on my 2013 st ltd

after 2 weeks with my 2013 st ltd. i can not say that I am blown away... fried cajhonas maybe, but not blown away. Given that I have already a casenumber, here are my issues:
    lots of heat. ( I do routinely Autobahn runs at about 90 to 100 miles per hour, and sharp runs thru the black forrest , voges mountains, etc) but this heat is redicules.
    Any suggestions regarding heat tape, or anything else that could at least reduce the problem?

2) starting her up and shifting into first , she only makes a very ratatat noise with jumpy minute forward motion. after a minute or so, it gets better. any ideas what it is?

3) drive belt howls like a beaten donkey. Is that normal>?

regards and thanks from Peter

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like you do not have the new panels yet, hopefully that case number gets them for you and the heat should be reduced. Good luck.
    2 I believe we've heard that one prior.
    3 Belt adjustment ?
    I'm sure you're going to get some more help and comments.
    Last edited by Saluda; 06-15-2015 at 06:29 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hsteil View Post
    after 2 weeks with my 2013 st ltd. i can not say that I am blown away... fried cajhonas maybe, but not blown away. Given that I have already a casenumber, here are my issues:
    lots of heat. ( I do routinely Autobahn runs at about 90 to 100 miles per hour, and sharp runs thru the black forrest , voges mountains, etc) but this heat is redicules.
    Any suggestions regarding heat tape, or anything else that could at least reduce the problem?

2) starting her up and shifting into first , she only makes a very ratatat noise with jumpy minute forward motion. after a minute or so, it gets better. any ideas what it is?

3) drive belt howls like a beaten donkey. Is that normal>?

regards and thanks from Peter
    for item 2...now I'm being serious. My 2013 had a similar noise like something was loose...the ratatat noise like you said...turns out after all looking around and checking it was the silly pull out safety card rattling in the dash.
    2013 Spyder ST Limited...Akrapovic Sport Silencer, Fog Lights, Backrest, Spyderpops BumpSkid, 2014 cooling panels, BajaRon swaybar, Fox shocks, RS-S mag wheels...
    2014 Spyder RT-S, Spyderpops BumpSkid, BajaRon Swaybar, TricLED lighting, Magic Mirrors, Akrapovic Sport Silencer...

Spyder Garage

Default not the safety card, but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NSPYTE View Post
    for item 2...now I'm being serious. My 2013 had a similar noise like something was loose...the ratatat noise like you said...turns out after all looking around and checking it was the silly pull out safety card rattling in the dash.
    this noise happens when I am in First and the vehicule is trying to move forward, but does not... hard to explain. I think it has to do with the clutch, or, if there is, a servo or powerunit for the clutch (Mine is a semi-automatic st ltd). after 18 motorcycles and 50 years of riding and countless bikes torn apart, I think I have an Idea. Its just that I have not found the (winter-) courage to start wrenching on the thing.
    Regards, Peter in Heidelberg