Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by torquehound View Post
    I am in love with the F3. It is so smooth. Feet forward instead of back is awesome. It corners beautifully. Acceleration is eerily smooth. Only negative is the small trunk.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I had the opportunity to test drive one last year at Lone Star Rally. I agree with your assessment on the F3.
    2010 Full Moon Silver RS SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Post adjustment update

Quote Originally Posted by Web Runner View Post
    After adjusting the green zone so that the second and third leds are lit, there was a marked improvement...no more hesitation on acceleration! I think I could probably lower the setting to having only the second led lit and still be very happy. I am running a K&N air filter in the stock airbox, HMF Optimizer with the second and third green leds lit in the green zone, HMF slip-on exhaust with the Honda exhaust o-rings, iridium plugs, and BajaRon plug wires.

What's the latest with yours?
    After four weeks of riding with the optimizer's green zone adjusted, I have been very happy with the results. However, my mpg took a big hit. I am getting about 25 or 26 miles per gallon. So, I am going to adjust the green zone to having just the second led lit and will see what that does.

Spyder Garage

I still need to play with mine. Isn't it at 3.5 by default?

Current: 2016 F3T Pure Magnesium
    Past: 2009 GS Phantom decked out in Transformers Decepticon badging, HMF Exhaust, HMF EFI Controller, K&N air filter, LED lighting

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by torquehound View Post
    I still need to play with mine. Isn't it at 3.5 by default?

Mine was factory set to 1 for the green zone.

Spyder Garage

Default MPG update

Ok, so I've been riding with the updated setting for the green zone, and my mpg is right at 28 mpg. Performance is less than what it was with led's 2 and 3 lit, but the trade off is slightly better mpg.
    Did I buy the Spyder for fuel economy or driving excitement? Excitement of course! So, I will be going back to led's 2 and 3 lit. Might even try bumping up mid range an led or two.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Web Runner View Post
    Ok, so I've been riding with the updated setting for the green zone, and my mpg is right at 28 mpg. Performance is less than what it was with led's 2 and 3 lit, but the trade off is slightly better mpg.
    Did I buy the Spyder for fuel economy or driving excitement? Excitement of course! So, I will be going back to led's 2 and 3 lit. Might even try bumping up mid range an led or two.
    I still haven't taken the time to mess with mine. I know it is set at 2.5. I smell a little extra gas when engine is cold and I am starting from a light. Normally goes away after everything is warm.
    Current: 2016 F3T Pure Magnesium
    Past: 2009 GS Phantom decked out in Transformers Decepticon badging, HMF Exhaust, HMF EFI Controller, K&N air filter, LED lighting

Spyder Garage

What worked best K&N or Factory Air Filter? What year is your bike also?

Spyder Garage

12-23-2015, 10:24 AM
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Azbizzle03 View Post
    What worked best K&N or Factory Air Filter? What year is your bike also?
    Hello!
    It looks like Torquehound has upgraded to an F3T. I still have my 2010 RS, however, I have since changed my setup. To answer your question, the K&N filter placed inside the stock airbox worked quite well for me.
    If you are planning on doing something like what was discussed in previous posts, you have a couple of options. One, remove the stock exhaust and "slip on" an aftermarket and leave it at that. Two, in addition to the aftermarket exhaust, you can replace the stock paper air filter with a K&N, but I would highly recommend you add a fuel modifier if you go this route. Three, add options one and two, but instead of placing the K&N filter inside the stock airbox, remove the box completely and mount a round K&N filter directly on top of the throttle body.
    I have since removed my aftermarket exhaust and installed the original. I changed my setup because I wanted tunes for the road but not have to wear headphones or put small speakers in my helmet. So, I added speakers and an amp to my Spyder but the aftermarket exhaust was so loud, it was drowning out the music. Now, the music is so loud, it's drowing out the exhaust! I also had to disengage the fuel modifier, but I did leave the K&N filter inside the airbox.
    If you do some digging around, you should find other posts relating to this modification.
    Hope this helps.