Spyder Garage

Default Colder weather riding pants

Was looking for a riding pant that fits over jeans. Everything stays warm except legs on a early morning departure to work (40 to 50 degree). Just want something thin that helps block wind chill and pull off when I arrive and throw in the frunk. Thanks for advice.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A set of snowmobile bibs would do the job nicely.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have these excellent overpants that I bought at cyclegear. I normally wouldn't recommend cyclegear products, but these pants are fantastic. They are made by their Sedici house brand that is better quality than their Bilt brand.

The pants have an inner liner with multiple layers, including a silver quilted layer. You can also remove the liner and the pants can function as spring or summer pants since they also have vents.

I also wear these pants to shovel snow and when it's absolutely freezing out. That was actually the only time I wore them, because until owning the Spyder, these pants were nearly impossible to even swing a leg over a two wheeler, since they are so thick.

Here's a link to the men's version:
    http://www.cyclegear.com/SEDICI-Alex...torcycle-Pants

The women's version are actually on sale now for $130 if you know anyone who needs them. They are a little short. I'm not that tall, like 5'4" or 5'5" and the pants are too short, but I did get the smallest size, so the larger sizes may be longer for women, or a taller female can buy the men's pants which look identical anyway.

http://www.cyclegear.com/SEDICI-Wome...torcycle-Pants

For a great matching jacket, I love my Tourmaster Transition 3 jacket. I wore both for a few hundred mile trip from NY to PA and wasn't cold. Granted, it was in the 60's, but I'm seriously cold more than most people probably because I'm pretty thin and don't have much body fat. I wore the pants with jeans, and the jacket with a sweater, long sleeve flannel shirt, and a freeze out shirt.

Also check out Freeze Out gear for touring from Cyclegear, it's excellent stuff.
    Last edited by Jenfz09; 03-26-2016 at 08:28 AM.

Spyder Garage

If you have rain gear the pants will do a nice job of blocking wind ingress

Al
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A FirstGear riding suit would also work nicely...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Firstgear riding pants. They have removable liners. For cold, I have liners in, for warmer, liners out.

Also have a pair of leather pants that work well in protecting from the wind. They are from Revit.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I wear lined leather pants that I got from Leatherup.com. Very comfortable, warm, and affordable. They tend to run small in the waist, and you have to hem the legs, but overall, a good buy.

http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Moto...nts/41282.html
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic