Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Angel Fire, New Mexico and Kerrville,Texas
    Spyder Garage

Default Most Harleys don't wave anymore

I have had 5 Harleys and just switched to my 2015 ST Limited and love it. Most Harleys don't wave anymore, hurt my feelings

Spyder Garage

Don't feel bad. They are just to busy having to work the clutch lever to wave. Or they might be blinded at that moment from the sun hitting all the chrome on their bikes. Some people are just too stubborn to accept spyder riders. It bothered me too at first.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Semperfi66 View Post
    I have had 5 Harleys and just switched to my 2015 ST Limited and love it. Most Harleys don't wave anymore, hurt my feelings
    I've got Harley riding friends that don't even wave. I won't let it bother me. I even wave at guys on lawn mowers and scooters. what to hell, we're all just enjoying the ride and the wind in our face!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My husband and I have both had Harleys. My FLHTI was sold after I got my ST Limited. My husband's FLHRCI was sold after getting his RTS. We loved our Harleys and waved to everyone. We noticed that there are many Harley riders who wave and some who think they are above waving....Wish they only knew.... We just shake our heads.

Spyder Garage

Default Waving Harley Riders

I just got back from 1300 miles this weekend and found most of the Harley riders were waving. I even had some good visits with a few at several stops. There were a few who didn't wave. I used to get the same treatment when I road my bad A$$ Honda VTX 1800. I don't let it bother me. One day they may have to give up 2 wheels. I'll treat them the same as you. Wave at all bikers.
    2016 RTS Special Triple Black, BRP Freedom Trailer, Spyder Pops Rear Lighting Kit, Spyder Pops Full view Turn Signals, Trunk Light, Rivco Highway Pegs. Doc's Spring Tensioners, Trunk Organizer, Magic Mirrors, Foam Grips, back to Stock Windsheild, Lamonsters cat delete, Bajaron sway bar, More Farkles to come !!

Spyder Garage

I laugh at all the Harley riders that don't wave although it seems that more and more riders are starting to wave and some even seem to be smiling

Spyder Garage

We encountered a pack of HOGS yesterday. About 20 of them. Nestled in the middle of the pack was an F3 . PS, none of them waved at us.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Waving

I am new to riding and wave to everyone. Was riding near Simcoe in Ontario this weekend and ahead of me off to the side I saw someone waving at me and it was a quad. Sadly as I got closer I could see it was a mother and little 6 year old son riding around their property with zero gear on. Rules don't apply in rural areas I guess.

Spyder Garage

Don't take it personal.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    We encountered a pack of HOGS yesterday. About 20 of them. Nestled in the middle of the pack was an F3 . PS, none of them waved at us.
    not even the f3?

Spyder Garage

Default Gotta say..!!

out here. Some do and some don't. But it goes for the crotch rockets and crosscountry riders as well...I wave at them all but slingshots have to wave first...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    not even the f3?
    Not even. Maybe the group had him on punishment detail.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    out here. Some do and some don't. But it goes for the crotch rockets and crosscountry riders as well...I wave at them all but slingshots have to wave first...
    I also wave. But not at slingshots. Those are cars without doors. I'd rather wave at a Jeep. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I’m use to it, I rode a scooter for 10 years, still have it and still commute with it. You get no respect on those things but still love the little guy.

Spyder Garage

If they wear a helmut I wave, lol. If they don't wave back no biggie, its a lot easier for a Canam Rider to wave but there are times I forget too when I am busy with my radio, CB, GPS, radar or other buttons.

Spyder Garage

i just wave at them when i pass them on the road
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

To busy thinking of where the watering hole is located. Had a guy tell me today that he didn't need a GPS to find a bar. He just followed the nearest Harley
    2015 RTSE, Red Pearl, Shorty Antenna, Chrome Rear Rack, Deer Whistles, BajaRon Anti-sway Bar

Spyder Garage

I read an article once, written by a guy who bought a bike without actually riding much first. His take on the wave thing was that when you ride, you are instantly a member of a club that you don't know the rules to because the rules change on the fly. Whether you want to be in the club or not, you are a member.

Strangers will wave at you for no reason. He pointed out that you don't see pick-up truck owners waving at every Pick-up they pass. The best line was: "It seems like sport bike riders hate cruiser riders, cruiser riders hate sport bike riders, and Harley riders hate everyone...including other Harley riders."

The article was written many years ago and I think things have changed for the better since then.

I will usually drop a paw down as I pass. If I notice two fingers out, I'll throw three. I get reciprocation about 80% of the time on average.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's better to give than to receive................sometimes. Let's just have fun I just wave to all, I careless if they don't.
    2012 Spyder RT SE5 Brake pedal mod

Spyder Garage

Really folks, who really cares if the folks in the Harley Fantasy World wave. Not me. After 58 years of two wheels it matters not to me.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluestratos View Post
    If they wear a helmut I wave, lol. If they don't wave back no biggie, its a lot easier for a Canam Rider to wave but there are times I forget too when I am busy with my radio, CB, GPS, radar or other buttons.
    Did you leave out, cup holder?
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Most Harley riders out here wave to me. Especially when they pass me lane splitting!
    Actually it's the big Goldwinger's that don't wave.... At least that's what I notice.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

I get waived at all the time but I don't like it. too distracting.

Spyder Garage

Just got back from 1900 mile ride to and from Tn. and NC. 95% of all bikes waved till we got back in Fl. Then only about 75%. I think more Harleys are loosening up

Spyder Garage

Default I thought they don't wave because . . .

They're jealous and can't afford to trade for the better cycle.

So far, my second childhood is better than my first.