Thread: 2010 rt

Spyder Garage

Default 2010 rt

new to spyder

hello everyone this is my first time owning a spyder .most of my riding will be 2 up and i was wondering if anyone had suggestions on how to set up my 2010 rt for best ride rider weight is around 500lbs and my rt does not have automatic ride adjust .with front suspension need to be adjusted as well and can it be adjusted.also the my rt only has 1200 miles is it past break in period i do not have any manuals with it. i was also wondering about the proper rpm to shift at as well as cruising rpm. thanks in advance for your input.

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome..!! Welcome..!!

to both this amazing site and the roadster world...congrats on the new ryde.... Unless you change things best set the shocks on the max in back and position 4 on the fronts. See how that works to start and adjust accordingly. As for driving check the do's and do nots for great information...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Shifting points. The 998 engine on your 2010 likes to be shifted at 5000 - 5500 rpms. It always sounds like its to much, but that is where you engine is most happy.

This means you may be riding around town (under 30 mph) in first gear. You will be driving on the highway (55 mph or so) in fourth gear. 60 and over, we use 5th gear.

You can obtain an owners manual off the BRP website for your particular year. If you print it out, about 150 pages. You might be running close to capacity at 500 # weight you mentioned--the manual will give you the exact information.

Running the 998 at 3500 rpms or less will cause clutch issues.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

welcome aboard

Very Active Member Don in E Texas's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

My recommendation is to make sure to read the following:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...-Spyder-owners

Should have a lot of answers there for you.

Don
    Did own: 2008, Red, SE5 - and 2010, Black, RT-S Premiere Edition Number 670
    Now Own: 2014 Black RT-S SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You might want to try putting about 85 psi in the rear shock for a 500 pound "payload".
    There should be a sticker under the seat that says what the maximum pressure should be...
    My memory isn't what it used to be I want to say that max pressure is around 90 psi...
    And if you've got an SE-5 transmission; shifting at just a touch over 5,000 rpm is the way to go!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

thanks for the welcome and the great input will do my research on the site to get the do's and don'ts