Spyder Garage

Default Sirius XM Channel Tuning

I installed the BRP satellite radio module in my wife's 2011 RT this past winter. For those who have the BRP satellite radio module, do you have any issues tuning to a particular channel? Scrolling to a channel higher than about 17 is a crap shoot on my wife's Spyder - it keeps reverting to channel 1, and she then has to try scrolling up to the right channel all over again. It probably took at least a dozen tries this morning to get it on her favorite channel. Similarly, do you know if you can store favorites? Thanks!
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

I bought a 2014 that has a XM radio and I haven't figured out how to program it, but even in the open spaces the reception comes and go. I'm glad that I didn't pay for it. Apparently there is a way to select the categories/stations that you want, but I haven't gotten that far. It was programmed with 5 stations and I think the execution of this accessory is pathetic. The XM in my BMW works perfectly, easy to program and never a drifting or loss of signal.

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up There is an answer

The only real answer is to choose your 15 favorite stations and save them like you would do with the radio. I tried to tune the same way that you are trying to tune. It's a crapshoot heavy on the crap. But, if you go through the correct combination of choosing a favorite channel, choosing which of 15 favorites you want it to be, and using the up button to "record" your choice, it works. The only problem that you may find is that there are reception problems when riding with a passenger. If you need detailed instructions I will try to help. Choose carefully as it's a major PIA to change the favorites. Hope this helps. Been here. Done this.

Spyder Garage

You can only save and scan 15 channels. You select and save the channels using the menu screen in the dash. Feel free to PM me tomorrow and I can walk you thru it. I however have not had reception issues with having a passenger.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 06-07-2015 at 12:16 AM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

After swearing through several attempts, following the instructions in the book, I finally found how to "save" the XM channels I want. The normal instructions for setting your AM/FM won't work for the XM. After figuring it out through BST, I found a folded up piece of paper that explained it all.
    For XM you use the RIGHT button to save your selection. Look for that folded paper, it'll save you time and frustration.

Spyder Garage

Default Presetting the XM channels

I bought a 14RT from a PP who had several presets on the XM. For the most part, they were ok, but I want to add more, delete some he had. I thought it would be the same actions as the radio, however I'm seeing posts saying it is not.

I'm SO NOT a techy person. If someone could take pity on a poor ole lady....... and write the directions step by step... I would so appreciate it

Thanks much
    Beth

Spyder Garage

I didn't have any folded piece of paper. Could you take a picture of the one you have and post it for those of us who don't have it. Thank you.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I didn't have any folded piece of paper. Could you take a picture of the one you have and post it for those of us who don't have it. Thank you.
    Do you have a factory installed XM radio, Paul? I didn't in mine, but added one easily enough in the trunk with the antenna sitting on top of the trunk. Seems to work fine, except that I don't have any control of it through the Spyder's handlebar controls of course.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Wondering whether I have an alternate solution that will work???

When I bought my 2017 F3L last year, I wanted to be able to hear the radio in my helmet, which I have equipped with Sena SMH10. I'm paired to my wife's helmet, my Zumo amd my cell phone (with 1 spare left). I was then told that since my F3L radio is not BlueTooth equipped, I couldn't get reception in my hat, at least not without adding a BlueTooth 'dongle'. Not being tech savvy, this is all a mystery to begin with. So, I bought a BlueTooth add-on from the BRP dealer, at great expense, only then to be told it couldn't be hooked up and wouldn't work on the F3L. (I got a credit back from the dealer). But that left me with no radio in my helmet, to my displeasure.

Now, having just traded for a new RAM truck, I'm getting a one year free Sirius XM promotional package in the truck. This also now allows me free one year streaming of Sirius XM to my computer and/or cell phone. I took them up on this further free add-on, and now have XM reception on my mobile phone. I'm hoping that, since my phone is already paired to my helmet, I can turn on my phone while riding, turn on my Sena, and be able to listen to XM as I go. Haven't yet been able to get out on my Spyder to test this. Am I right? is this gonna work? Will I get XM through my phone to my helmet? Thanks to you tecky guys for any advice/comments.
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

Default Sirius XM Tuning

Had a fit with our '16 when new. Even emailed BRP and received a smart a$$ answer of "read your owners manual" which does not address the XM radio at all! So after a 45 mile trip back to our dealer and thankfully, a Tech that knew what he was talking about, we learned how to program the XM. It's been over 2 years ago but we wrote the step by step instructions in our manual. Here's what it says - Press ECO, press and hold set. Scroll through categories and right push to channels. Scroll to channel you want and right push again. Scroll up in pre-set to channel of choice. Push down button and hold. Hope this helps.
    2016 RT Limited