Thread: Hot Like Fire

Spyder Garage

Default Hot Like Fire

Hey all. I had an 09 RSS that I got rid of because of the heat making my legs feel like they were on fire. Did they fix this issue with the years after the 09? Was really wanting an F3-S but do to circumstances with my Harley trade,I don't think it's feasible. Found a few left over 13/14 RSS for pretty cheap. But don't want the fire legs again. Thanks for any help. Trying to get back on a SPYDER!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default If not them....

they have improved but then our sponsors and the after market guys have come up with solutions. I have an RS 2012 with spyderpops heat solutions and have no problems. If you get it for a good price...go for it...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Great strides have been made, and Spyderpops has some great heat-attenuation products for the Spyders...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I'm in Texas. I like to wear shorts while I ride during the summer heat. Does the Spyderpop attachments take the heat away enough to wear shorts? Thanks for the help guys.

Spyder Garage

They fixed the heat problem with the 14. It also has the bigger engine. And the fix is out for the earlier ones with the heat issue. I'm having a ball with my 14 rt. I would say go for it and have fun.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Pretty Sure

Quote Originally Posted by jimnsusie View Post
    They fixed the heat problem with the 14. It also has the bigger engine. And the fix is out for the earlier ones with the heat issue. I'm having a ball with my 14 rt. I would say go for it and have fun.
    The RS still has the 998 Rotax in it, not the 1330 ACE
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I would recommend a test drive in your "usual" gear (shorts) on a hot day. That way you will know if there is any improvement to fit your needs.

I have not noticed heat problems on any of mine, including two RS versions 2008, and 2009. I do not drive with shorts though.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red