Spyder Garage

Default Performance Pipe Installation

I decided to get the performance pipe for my F3S from Lamonster Garage. I was told it should add around 5 hp and improve the throttle time. It is also lighter and from the videos I've seen, sounds great!

I am hoping someone with more experience can describe the installation process or if possible, post a video showing how to replace the stock pipe with the new one. Does the back of the F3 need to be lifted to change out the pipe or can I just drive onto ramps (lifting the front about 12 inches)?

If it is a tricky process, or requires special tools, I'll just take it in to the dealer... I'd rather not have to take it to them though, they charge extra $$ and are booked up for another week or so.

Thanks!
    Ride: 2015 Spyder F3-S SE6, Pure Magnesium Metallic
    Accessories/Mods: Gauge Spoiler, Passenger Short Rail, SmoothSpyder Backrest, BajaRon SwayBar with Heim Joint Links, Lamonster Performance Pipe

Spyder Garage

Default Relax. .!!

Lamont sells quality and I'm sure it comes with clear instructions. If you look at where your factory pipe mounts it will go in the same place and hook up the same way. You can raise the unit if easier for you and you have the equipment but you can do it on the ground...take your time...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Remove one clamp where the stock muffler connects to the primary muffler under the bike. The stock muffler then pulls straight back and off the rubber mounts.

Remove 3 spring retainers on primary muffler to header. Then the primary muffler comes out of its rubber mounts.

Replacement is the reverse. The ramps should work just fine to give you some working room. Its and easy 30 minute job.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Remove one clamp where the stock muffler connects to the primary muffler under the bike. The stock muffler then pulls straight back and off the rubber mounts.

Remove 3 spring retainers on primary muffler to header. Then the primary muffler comes out of its rubber mounts.

Replacement is the reverse. The ramps should work just fine to give you some working room. Its and easy 30 minute job.
    Thanks for the help. Any advice on how to remove the spring retainers? That's probably the hardest step...
    Accessories/Mods: Gauge Spoiler, Passenger Short Rail, SmoothSpyder Backrest, BajaRon SwayBar with Heim Joint Links, Lamonster Performance Pipe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    Thanks for the help. Any advice on how to remove the spring retainers? That's probably the hardest step...

I used needle nose pliers. Just stretched the spring a bit and unhook the end.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Once my bank account recovers from all the LEDs the dealer is installing, this is the next thing on my list. Let us know how it goes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAmChris View Post
    Once my bank account recovers from all the LEDs the dealer is installing, this is the next thing on my list. Let us know how it goes.
    The installation went pretty well. I used a hand-made tool to help disengage (and reapply) the springs. That was probably the trickiest part. There was a little bit of a hiccup when one of the rubber bushings popped out from where one of the pipe supports sits. It took a good 15 minutes to get that thing back in.

I'll try posting a video of before/after sounds. I really like the new sound. There is definitely an improvement in the weight as well (the cat is a beast). I haven't taken it out on the road yet so I'm not sure if it will be more responsive.

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default definatelly my next upgrade..!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    The installation went pretty well. I used a hand-made tool to help disengage (and reapply) the springs. That was probably the trickiest part. There was a little bit of a hiccup when one of the rubber bushings popped out from where one of the pipe supports sits. It took a good 15 minutes to get that thing back in.

I'll try posting a video of before/after sounds. I really like the new sound. There is definitely an improvement in the weight as well (the cat is a beast). I haven't taken it out on the road yet so I'm not sure if it will be more responsive.

thank you.. def. will do this customization!!! sounds good!!!

Spyder Garage

Okay so I went for a long ride yesterday. Not only does it sound great but the F3 feels much more responsive. I am definitely happy with this purchase.

Spyder Garage

Default Just installed Lamonster performance pipe (cat delete) on my 2015 RT Ltd

I just completed the installation on my 15 RT Ltd. There are no removal/installation instructions with the product. Here's what I did:

1. Removed the exhaust springs using this method: It's not as easy as the video suggests, but I found it the best way to uninstall and I used it on one spring to reinstall.
    2. Loosened the muffler to cat converter clamp and pulled the two pieces apart.
    3. Removed the mounting bolt for the muffler and removed the muffler. This got it out of the way and I believe made the rest of the job easier.
    4. Took out the cat converter from the hanger above and two front positioning rubber mounting points. Had to push/pull/jiggle to get it out.
    5. Installed Lamonster pipe by hanging correctly and then installing two of the three springs. I could not get the back-most (hardest to reach) spring done by myself. I'll ask my neighbor to assist me as I think this is better done with two people.
    6. Rehung the muffler and connected the muffler clamp to Lamonster's pipe.
    7. Tightened everything up.

Hopefully I've done this okay and running/performance will not be an issue. If so, I'll tell you more.

Rob

Spyder Garage

Default a convert to performance pipe

Installation was easy peasy. Sounds like a small single engine aircraft now.

Seat of the pants observations are notoriously subjective but the f3 does seem to like to rev a little quicker now. Kinda feels like the peak torque is moved a little further up the range but could be my imagination...

Definately a keeper.
    Attached Images Attached Images