Spyder Garage

Default The power steering story...

So, as you all know mine was one of the Spyders that never had P/S from day one with no codes or other symptoms.

I took it in to the dealer for the new P/S unit as that is what BRP told my dealer would be needed for the fix.

Well..... they replaced the P/S units and... you got it, still nop P/S!

They finally ended up replacing my gear position switch and did a new download to the system and now it has power steering!

Seems that between a bad batch of gear position switches and a new software upgrade being needed, it was keeping my P/S from functioning yet showed no codes.

I was told that the gear position switch is going into the CanBus system and really messing up things big time other than just what position your transmission is in.

So, to any of you who like me had no P/S, maybre it's just a gear position switch and download away from working again?

MM

Mod Maniac
    Spyder Garage

Glad you got it working, Evan. Yours is the first one I've heard of that was totally disabled by the sensor.

More info for others:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7831

LAMONT! Ron's bike????

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    So, as you all know mine was one of the Spyders that never had P/S from day one with no codes or other symptoms.

I took it in to the dealer for the new P/S unit as that is what BRP told my dealer would be needed for the fix.

Well..... they replaced the P/S units and... you got it, still nop P/S!

They finally ended up replacing my gear position switch and did a new download to the system and now it has power steering!

Seems that between a bad batch of gear position switches and a new software upgrade being needed, it was keeping my P/S from functioning yet showed no codes.

I was told that the gear position switch is going into the CanBus system and really messing up things big time other than just what position your transmission is in.

So, to any of you who like me had no P/S, maybre it's just a gear position switch and download away from working again?

MM
    Last edited by ataDude; 12-15-2008 at 09:56 PM.

Spyder Garage

Glad you got it fixed.
    But I bet your suffering from riding withdrawal like the rest of use Northerners. I know I am.
    We just side-skirted the nasty ice-storms that shutdown power to most of the Western part of Massachusetts, southern NH, VT and Maine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    Glad you got it working, Evan. Yours is the first one I've heard of that was totally disabled by the sensor.

More info for others:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=7831

LAMONT! Ron's bike????

Yea I'm thinking this is Ron's problem but we won't be able to tell till we get it in. At least now I can tell them another place to look.