Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    It's the retreads laying in the road that scare the hell out of me e.g. I guess some call them Gator's.
    I would not want to hit one of those on a Spyder! Would probably do a lot of other damage!

Bob
    When I was trading in my TRIGLIDE for the SPYder a truck was driving in the other lane hit a bump and a big piece of metal came out of the bed and was bouncing down the highway right am me..Now that's scary..Had to do the quick maneuver,

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear your made it through the ordeal Ann.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-03-2015 at 11:38 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Thanks everybody! We got a good night's sleep and are ready to change out all 3 tires today. AAA will not be renewed at the end of the policy period that is a definite. One word of caution on BEST and insurance towing coverages, they won't take you very far, I don't remember the distance on BEST but it won't get you far and with Progressive they will only tow you 14 miles for free.

So like the ad for something goes "know before you go" Don';t head out on a trip and think that if you break down that you have coverage to get you towed to a dealer. You may not. Murphybrown found that out in TN.

The driver who picked mine up was very careful and used boards under each of the wheels so that he wouldn't tear up the underside.

I ordered the Yokohama S Drive from Tire Rack and Federal Evo from OnlineTires.com. I'm still waiting for my trailer tires from Etrailer.com but they should be here tomorrow. They were $39.95 each for the OEM Kenda and BRP wants $99.99 each in the parts catalog.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is this the first time that you've run the "S-Drive/Evo" combination? We'll be waiting to hear what you think of it.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default AAA

I've had AMA roadside assistance for a couple years and had the first occasion to use it about a month ago. Service was great and they had a truck to me in about an hour. This was for my pickup, not my Spyder. They cover any vehicle registered to me and will tow up to 35 miles. Had no trouble getting them to send a flatbed. Roadside assistance comes as part of a package if you sign up for automatic renewal of your AMA membership by having it charged to your credit card each year. Costs $49/yr.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default That is why I no longer use AAA

I have had nothing but trouble with AAA over the years, they used to be the #1 go to place for this but over the years they have
    lost track of who is important to them, "the customer/member" I have had on more than one occasion a truck show up that was
    not long enough and or not equipped to handle what I was riding or driving..... We now use the Tow Service from AMA
    The American Motorcyclists Assoc. call 1-800-AMA-JOIN you will not be sorry. They will haul your car, truck, trailer, RV, motorhome
    and not give you a bunch of crap. Check it out....
    I am now stepping down from my soap box
    Dave
    Charter life member AMA

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    We took a ride to Mesquite, NV today to align a Spyder and we were about 5 miles from home when I hit a giant chunk of metal with my rear tire. I was in the left turn lane and when traffic started to move in front of me - wham- there it was in the middle of the lane and I had nowhere to go. I turned the corner and within 100 yds my rear tire was flat. I managed to pull off the street into the parking lot of an auto repair shop. We had tools and a jack but the metal put a giant gash in the side wall of the tire so there was no way to patch it.

This happened at 4:30 pm. I called AAA and they took down all the info and said that they would call me with an eta. I made it very clear to them that I was on a 3 wheeled motorcycle and that I also had a pull behind trailer. I told her it was about as long as a full sized pick up truck and that I needed a flat bed. A short time later they called and said that a truck would be there in 30 minutes. 45 minutes later no truck so I call back and they said that the truck had come and they couldn't find me. Seems that the dispatcher was dyslexic and she had transposed the street number and the direction and she changed Blvd. to Pkwy. All of that put the truck about 20 miles south of where I was. Then she mentioned that the truck wouldn't have been big enough. She said wait and we will call you back with a new eta.

The auto shop people were very nice and they let us sit inside while we waited, it was 95 degrees outside, but it was closing time and they wanted to go home. We were getting nowhere with AAA, they insisted that my Spyder and RT-622 were too long for a flatbed, when the auto shop guy said he had a friend with a flatbed. He called his friend who came to the rescue. AAA finally called me at 7:45 to say that they had found a truck. It is never a good feeling to watch your Spyder be hoisted up on a wrecker.

While I was waiting for the wrecker I enjoyed a Diet Coke with Joe

The Good news was these were sitting on the front porch when I got home We got home about 9:30.

(Sorry the pictures are sideways but I didn't have the best evening)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    A.M.A. is the way to go 😀
    I've heard good things about them also.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    I can answer that
    Because in another thread she said she had ordered the tire a week ago or so to replace the Kuhmo that is about worn out.

Bob
    The Kuhmo was off, she had a worn out Arachnid on there.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks everybody! We got a good night's sleep and are ready to change out all 3 tires today. AAA will not be renewed at the end of the policy period that is a definite. One word of caution on BEST and insurance towing coverages, they won't take you very far, I don't remember the distance on BEST but it won't get you far and with Progressive they will only tow you 14 miles for free.

So like the ad for something goes "know before you go" Don';t head out on a trip and think that if you break down that you have coverage to get you towed to a dealer. You may not. Murphybrown found that out in TN.

The driver who picked mine up was very careful and used boards under each of the wheels so that he wouldn't tear up the underside.

I ordered the Yokohama S Drive from Tire Rack and Federal Evo from OnlineTires.com. I'm still waiting for my trailer tires from Etrailer.com but they should be here tomorrow. They were $39.95 each for the OEM Kenda and BRP wants $99.99 each in the parts catalog.
    Are you ordering another set to carry to Alaska with you?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default read and be informed:

Yep the BEST roadside is max 50 miles with a $50 deductible...AAA has a maximum of 200 miles (2 allowed annually)....Good Sam: No mile limit and no limit on how many times a year...granted as they said to me...if you call us the 4th time for a dead battery...we will tell you to buy a battery!!! My safeco Spyder/trailer roadside is equally sucky (like BEST's)...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

well i still have aaa for my cars but have a separate policy from allstate for my bikes that even has road hazard
    reimbursement if i kill my wheel or tire.
    aaa is still the best for cars, i'm covered no matter whose car i am in & i have used them for international
    drivers license when i have traveled out of country.

Spyder Garage

Default A M A Membership

provides roadside assistance and it covers your other vehicles also, best of all it's free with your membership.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    SpyderAnne01,

Glad you finally made it home okay. I know how it feels waiting for AAA.

HVACR,

Does your screen name stand for heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration? Just curious because I was in that field years ago.
    Yes, I'm a Heating, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Ventilation mechanic. My father as well for 55 years and my son is going to do it on the side after Firefighting day job.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I had the same problem CAA PLUS RV membership and I needed a tow for the spyder from my home to dealership. CAA sent a wrecker when I needed a flat bed for spyder.
    The Wrecker driver was P/O big time he called CAA dispatch and lit into dispatcher. 20 min later a flat bed showed up.

There is no excuse for what happened to you. AAA let you down big time.

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Today is Joe's turn. His new bike has an oil leak.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Wow... you guys are having a bit of a bad luck spread!

As a fortune cookie... you opened it.... and it says....

"Good luck is coming your way for your future endeavors"

Hoping I give you good luck

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default Oil Leak

Joe, it doesn't look like a Harley.... Glad it happened now instead on the road to Alaska.....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jamesd View Post
    Ama is the way to go ��
    I prefer A.A.
    Their Christmas Parties are EPIC!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lwrydr View Post
    Joe, it doesn't look like a Harley.... Glad it happened now instead on the road to Alaska.....
    Ain't that the truth?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

uploadfromtaptalk1433368860907.jpg

Hey Bob. Is this your creation? Sorry for off topic.

Spyder Garage

... It is never a good feeling to watch your Spyder be hoisted up on a wrecker.
    I know the feeling all to well. Seeing as I have the worst machine related luck on the planet, I have seen two Spyders and one Sporster on the back of a flatbed.

Glad you are home and the ride has new sneakers.

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow, what luck.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Glad you guys are ok and at home. I agree with the above comments....AAA is becoming useless. Like others, I carry BEST and also insured with Geico.

Spyder Garage

I think the RV oriented companies have about the best roadside assist plans you can get. I personally like Coach Net, others like Good Sam.

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture