Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Wow.. crazy.

I've always had good luck with AAA... but this will vary greatly depending on what tow service gets the call. Many of the problems are due to the tow service sucking I'm sure.

I had no idea AAA would cover motorcycles... I've always been told they don't.

Might have to rethink when renewal is up.

Glad you got it worked out.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Sorry bud. Sounds extremely frustrating. Glad you were ok and already had new tires waiting.

Spyder Garage

Default SpyderAnn is mission capable!

Took all day, but all three are swapped out, and did a brake job while I was at it. Yanked the trailer tires, too! Replaced her two brothers muffler end cap(again), and shipped Katie off to have the dealer stop the leak. Imagine, a 6 day old bike leaking like mad! My Harleys don't leak, my St1300 never leaked a drop, and the Spyder is oil tight. While we were under the Spyder, found broken bits. Splash guard; broken, inner grille, broken; frame has a gouge and Spyderpops bumpskid had a massive tear. It earned it's pay! Nearly a 1/4 inch deep, and a foot long, that gouge was massive! that bumpskid protected the motor and trans. Folks, buy one! I should get mine back in a day or two. Might have to ride the Harley for a couple of days. The important thing is nobody got hurt, and we could fix it! Cheers! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Default Must purchase the Premium RV

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Wow.. crazy.

I've always had good luck with AAA... but this will vary greatly depending on what tow service gets the call. Many of the problems are due to the tow service sucking I'm sure.

I had no idea AAA would cover motorcycles... I've always been told they don't.

Might have to rethink when renewal is up.

Glad you got it worked out.
    To cover motorcycles you will need to purchase their top of line RV coverage...but before you do...check out AAA vs Good Sam (also the premium RV to get motorcycle/Spyder coverage)
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    To cover motorcycles you will need to purchase their top of line RV coverage...but before you do...check out AAA vs Good Sam (also the premium RV to get motorcycle/Spyder coverage)
    In my area, AAA Premier always included RV; but, RV is now an extra $35/year. So, when my current membership expires in October, instead of $118/year, it will be $118 (Premier) + $35(RV). The good thing with AAA is the distance they tow; one tow up to 200 miles, and the three remaining up to 100 miles.

Spyder Garage

Be careful with AAA. They do not offer RV and motorcycle coverage in all areas. If they do in your home area and you travel to one that does not, your on your own.

I also suggest looking at Good Sam if you want roadside service to cover all your vehicles, 2 wheels to 8.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default compare to Good Sam

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    In my area, AAA Premier always included RV; but, RV is now an extra $35/year. So, when my current membership expires in October, instead of $118/year, it will be $118 (Premier) + $35(RV). The good thing with AAA is the distance they tow; one tow up to 200 miles, and the three remaining up to 100 miles.
    I buy 5 years at a time...so don't have current cost of Good Sam...but know very close to AAA....on the tow.....Good Sam does not limit the mileage OR # of times per year...definitely again encourage folks to do their due diligence and compare. And as someone else posted and I experienced: AAA purchased in my home state (WA) not necessarily going to work in other area. Good Sam everywhere, no issues, and Canada...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    I buy 5 years at a time...so don't have current cost of Good Sam...but know very close to AAA....on the tow.....Good Sam does not limit the mileage OR # of times per year...definitely again encourage folks to do their due diligence and compare. And as someone else posted and I experienced: AAA purchased in my home state (WA) not necessarily going to work in other area. Good Sam everywhere, no issues, and Canada...
    I was just looking at the Good Sam site.

What do they mean when they say nearest service center? I'm kind of doubtful that means a BRP Spyder dealer? I'm curious because it's only for the most expensive plan that you have a destination choice, as shown below.

"Unlimited Distance Towing to the Nearest Service Center (US & Canada)"

Notice here they say for the RV Platinum plus (the most expensive plan, $179/yr. introductory rate):"100 Mile Tow to Destination of Your Choice"
    Last edited by wyliec; 06-04-2015 at 02:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Be careful with AAA. They do not offer RV and motorcycle coverage in all areas. If they do in your home area and you travel to one that does not, your on your own.

I also suggest looking at Good Sam if you want roadside service to cover all your vehicles, 2 wheels to 8.
    I just double checked with AAA, and I will be covered all over in the US and Canada, as long as I have RV. I called the main number for my area. I'm now going to one of the offices to ask them.
    Last edited by wyliec; 06-04-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Spyder Garage

Had AAA 16+ years when I first got it didn't have + cost me per mile after 50 miles seems like
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I went to the AAA office today for a reimbursement. They were apologetic. The guy who helped us asked me for my email address and when he read it back to me instead of meyer he said miller. I said "or Meyer" and he said "I'm dyslexic" I guess you must be dyslexic to work at AAA.

On the AMA coverage someone said 35 miles - that won't get you from one town to the next in most of the areas that I travel in. Same thing (or worse) with Progressive they cover up to 15 miles. Pretty worthless. I'll check out Good Sam next year because I definitely won't go with AAA again.

Oh, they told me it would be at least 20 days for reimbursement. I said, that is probably as long as I would have waited for your flat bed to show up.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

20 days? WTF. Back when I had Hate Farm, they would cut me a check on the spot for towing reimbursement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

I being an old fart, have AARP Formost Ins. and it says "a reasonable amount for towing & labor".

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They didn't have a problem with the amount but said it will take 20 days for reimbursement.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Coach Net has three tiers of policies in two groups (towable or motorized RV) They don't check to see that you actually have an RV IIRC. The towable version is cheaper, Limited is $59 a year, Basic is $79, and Premier is $139. Starting at the basic level, you get: no limits on towing, tire assistance, battery boost, lockout, emergency fuel/fluid delivery, and winching. At premier you get: all-inclusive coverage for the member and family for the RV and all other personal vehicles owned, rented, borrowed, or leased. That also includes trailers. Where will they tow to? Your disabled vehicle will be towed to the nearest repair facility qualified to repair your vehicle.

So to cover all your vehicles and all your family you get the Premier package, 139 for towable RVs, 159 for motor homes.

http://www.coach-net.com/

Clifford Fargason
    2013 Spyder RTL
    2007 Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Default roadside assist

I had CAA which is a sister plan for Canada of AAA. I had so much problems with them including would not cover US, you have to pay the bill and get credited when you get back to Canada. I ended up cancelling it a few years back. I joined Good Sam this year mainly for the trip to Alaska. I got the Good Sam Platinum plan which is there best plan which covers everything. The rate is $139.95 for one year or $114.95 per year on a 3 year plan which I took. The towing reads,
    There are no pre-set mileage or dollar limit.When you call for service, Good Sam Platinum Roadside Assistance pays 100% of the towing fees for the delivery of your vehicle to the nearest professional service center capable and willing to repair your vehicle. Sounds too good to be true but I took the quote right from there book. Hope this helps
    Roger
    2012 RT Limited
    Vertika Floor boards
    Painted rear fender & dash
    Carbon fiber panels
    Utopia back rest
    Baker air wings
    Elka shocks and relocaters
    CB radio
    ISO hand grips
    Tric LED fender light
    Turn signal lights in mirrors