Spyder Garage

Cool Diamond R New "Spyder" Armrest review

I purchased the 'new' Diamond R passenger armrests and thought I'd do a quick review and let everyone see their new design.

This is what you get...one set of really cool armrests with the cutout Spyder in the uprights, four bolts, two washers, and instructions.

The first thing they tell you to do is undo the shock that holds the seat...I tried to do this without doing this step...not recommended and if you try it you'll likely scratch something and end up having to do it anyway (like me). Pictured below is the nut that holds the seat to the body...this one was easier for me to remove versus the bolt and nut that's on the seat.

There are the four bolts you have to remove to bolt the armrest bracket to the body. The room is really tight and the bolts require an allen wrench, but if you take your time it's a very easy install.

I removed one armrest to make the install simplier and to modify the right armrest (I added a ram-ball mount...that's the next set of pictiures).

I drilled a hole and threaded a locknut onto a ram-ball on the outside portion of the plate that goes on the bottome of the armrest. I also drilled a hole into the armrest so the nut and bolt would clear.

Very happy with the results. The armrests look really great...they fold into the seat so when my wife isn't with me I can keep them out of the way...and the ram-ball mount works perfect with our beverage holder and is adjustable!

These armrest are really worth the extra costs $349.00 (to me) and my biggest critic (the wife) loves them too!
    Last edited by Tasian; 06-01-2015 at 12:16 PM.
    Ken "Tasian" Bryson
    U.S. Air Force Retired...
    RTS-SM6, "Steel Chariot"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the installation pictures!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Very nice..!!

they look great and practical too. The installation pic's are great and seems pretty straight forward..thanks..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Diamond R folks and their products are STELLAR IMHO

Yep they make realllllly quality stuff...Just ordered 2 of their awesome new cup holders. Black for me and chrome for fellow North to Alaska ryder. Excited to get...So if you want the best of cup holders...get ahold of Allen and Patti...Diamond R folks.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Met Allen...and all the Diamond R products look great!

The Diamond R team are super...very helpful and their product line is focused on the Spyder community. I didn't want to imply that their beverage holders weren't any good...I used the ram-ball mount and beverage holder because that's what we used on the last bike, I had it sitting on my work bench, and...well, my wife likes it.

The bags they make for the armrests look very good and are functional...but I love the way these armrests look so I didn't want to add them and take away from the very cool cutouts!
    Ken "Tasian" Bryson
    RTS-SM6, "Steel Chariot"

Spyder Garage

I feel like I'm preaching to the choir but I'll have to agree with the previous posts. Diamond R Accessories are owned by Allen and Patty. They have great products and the best customer service! I have their cup holders, armrests, trunk rack and floor boards! Love all their products!! IMO you can't go wrong with any of their products! diamondraccessories.com

Spyder Garage

Looks good Ken

BTW you did not have to unbolt the peg for the strut. There is a metal band on the strut end that if you lift with a flat blade screwdriver allows the strut to pop off.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Diamond R

Quote Originally Posted by Tasian View Post
    I purchased the 'new' Diamond R passenger armrests and thought I'd do a quick review and let everyone see their new design.

This is what you get...one set of really cool armrests with the cutout Spyder in the uprights, four bolts, two washers, and instructions.

The first thing they tell you to do is undo the shock that holds the seat...I tried to do this without doing this step...not recommended and if you try it you'll likely scratch something and end up having to do it anyway (like me). Pictured below is the nut that holds the seat to the body...this one was easier for me to remove versus the bolt and nut that's on the seat.

There are the four bolts you have to remove to bolt the armrest bracket to the body. The room is really tight and the bolts require an allen wrench, but if you take your time it's a very easy install.

I removed one armrest to make the install simplier and to modify the right armrest (I added a ram-ball mount...that's the next set of pictiures).

I drilled a hole and threaded a locknut onto a ram-ball on the outside portion of the plate that goes on the bottome of the armrest. I also drilled a hole into the armrest so the nut and bolt would clear.

Very happy with the results. The armrests look really great...they fold into the seat so when my wife isn't with me I can keep them out of the way...and the ram-ball mount works perfect with our beverage holder and is adjustable!

These armrest are really worth the extra costs $349.00 (to me) and my biggest critic (the wife) loves them too!
    Love the new look, I no longer find the sponsor link for Diamond R on the homepage, am I missing something? I did go to the website but do not see these on there?
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I also do not find them on the spondor page and these armrests are not shown on their webpage.

Bill C.

Spyder Garage

I have Diamond R's original style armrests. After seeing these new ones I looked on their website (diamondraccessories.com) and only saw a "quick view". I called Allen of Diamond R, 817-925-4901, to inquire about them. He said their webmaster was working on adding them to the website. Should be there in the near future. If you can't wait, I'd give Allen a call!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

John,
    Have you ever asked them about "Custom work", on their products?
    I like those armrests; just not the arachnid that's in the middle of them...
    I wonder if they could leave that out?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks...and definitely call Diamond "R" if you want to order these armrests!

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Looks good Ken

BTW you did not have to unbolt the peg for the strut. There is a metal band on the strut end that if you lift with a flat blade screwdriver allows the strut to pop off.
    That's good to know...after reading the directions that Allen provided it did mention the clip....

I'll plead too much excitement and a desire to use my tools as why I went the route I took...

For anyone wanting to purchase these armrests, you definitely have to call. The website doesn't have them (as mentioned above) but Diamond "R" has them available...and they are definitely a great addition for the pillion seating area!
    Ken "Tasian" Bryson
    RTS-SM6, "Steel Chariot"

Spyder Garage

Default And Diamond R Cup Holder...

I know Allen & Patti are working to get on their website...but this cup holder is DA BOMB....and I am a cup holder critic
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Diamond R

Cant beat Diamond R products. Their customer service is great & nice people to deal with. I love their new passenger arms & the cupholder for the RT.
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    John,
    Have you ever asked them about "Custom work", on their products?
    I like those armrests; just not the arachnid that's in the middle of them...
    I wonder if they could leave that out?
    Bob, not sure about that. I would call Allen and ask him. Won't hurt to ask...