Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

you are SOOO right about the stock shock setup on the F3.. When I first brought this subject up I was told here that It was my fault for being overweight and I shouldn't expect a stock shock to work... BS!! the stock shock is barely adequate to take the weight of the bike. I was told by Fox that the stock shock is sprung at 160 lbs.. that spring is barely able to hold the weight of the unit without sagging not to mention hitting any size bump on the road.

The Elka shock made the F3 a different machine and its a shame the Mother BRP (like nearly all other manufacturers) cheap out when it come to such an integral part of their products. Being a long time Goldwing rider I am reminded of the cheap inadequate suspension Honda uses. The suspension sags under the weight of the machine dry, With no one on it it is overloaded.

IMHO, replacing the OEM rear shock would be the first upgrade everyone should make!!

Mark

Spyder Garage

Do you have any pictures of just the racks mounted on the bike without the bags?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=spyderyderjim;1043758]Hi bscrive,
    Here is a photo of how I mounted my 1st side Wing Racks on F3S.
    The new way is to extend side extension flatbar to mount to front & rear hand hold bolts.
    Sorry I didn't notice your request for a photo last month.
    Jim

Jim,

I don't wish to be a pest, but... Could you take another picture without the side or top case showing all of the wingback and your mounting to the grab bar mounting? I'm hoping to make this a winter project.

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=ElmoLucy;1043870]
    Quote Originally Posted by spyderyderjim View Post
    Hi bscrive,
    Here is a photo of how I mounted my 1st side Wing Racks on F3S.
    The new way is to extend side extension flatbar to mount to front & rear hand hold bolts.
    Sorry I didn't notice your request for a photo last month.
    Jim

Jim,

I don't wish to be a pest, but... Could you take another picture without the side or top case showing all of the wingback and your mounting to the grab bar mounting? I'm hoping to make this a winter project.

Thanks!
    I'd appreciate some detailed pics too when you can make time.. My bags n wing racks came today 😎 Thx a bunch!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by magicinstalls View Post
    Better check your mileage again their Jim. The best the F3 can get is 33 I've never gotten better than 28…

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post

• 2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S (SE6)
      Added Feb 2015 • 51 Fuel-ups

Property of vondalyn
    • 38.2 Avg MPG
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

What did you add to BRP floorboards exactly?

Spyder Garage

Default BRP floorboards are good; (but I added 1/2" firm pad foam to absorb small vibrations)

What type---mfg of floorboard firm pad--source of purchase==where? Lots of rubber or foam padding but I'm concerned about wear--weathering appearance. Excellent idea to add padding to absorb vibration. I've also seen handle bar grip sleeve to absorb vibration.
    Thanks for your post.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Givi Wingracks with Givi topcase mount; N141 (or N140 will work); with 15" long sidebar extension for topcase mount.
    (special thanks to Guzzi for posting photos of his F3S Wingrack & sidebags)!!!
    Givi E41NN sidecases.
    Givi E52 topcase (will be replaced with new 2015 E56NN topcase later).
    Jim,

I am interested in putting Givi topcase and sidecases on my F3. In reading all the posts on what you have done it sounds like you had custom hardware made to get the cases attached. Would you be so kind as to list what hardware you were able to purchase and what needed to be fabricated? As well as any advise you are willing to pass on.

Thanks,

And by the way... your Ryde looks great!

Spyder Garage

Hi ElmoLucy,
    Here is the Givi N140 Wing Racks need to mount E41 or other Givi sidebags.
    http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/g...h-turn-signals
    (you don't need the turns signal lights, but I think that is the only way you can buy them now).
    The Wing Racks include the side & topcase mounts!
    Using a 2" wide 1/4" thick Aluminum flatbar about 22" long you can drill 5/16" holes to attach side flatbars to outside of Front hand holds with 8mm x 50 mm long sunken socket head bolts, 8m x 60mm long bolts for rear handhold.. You can buy metal flatbar & longer hand hold bolts at Ace Hardware.
    Second existing hole in rear of Wing Rack attaches to rear hand hold bolt; front lower hole/(8mm x 35 mm bolt with nyloc nut) in Wingrack attaches/aligns to flatbar & the hole drilled in flatbar. If you have access to a drill press, side bars drilling is a piece of cake.
    Thanks. I really enjoy my F3S Touring mod Spyder with all the Givi storage!!!
    (Just installed a new Summer performance 205-55-15 Yokohama S. Drive rear tire today, (9,500 miles on stock rear tire).
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ElmoLucy View Post
    Jim,

I am interested in putting Givi topcase and sidecases on my F3. In reading all the posts on what you have done it sounds like you had custom hardware made to get the cases attached. Would you be so kind as to list what hardware you were able to purchase and what needed to be fabricated? As well as any advise you are willing to pass on.

Thanks,

And by the way... your Ryde looks great!
    Last edited by spyderyderjim; 10-17-2015 at 12:12 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Jim, thanks for all the pictures on mounting the cases. It all makes sense now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Default Givi top case mounts

Here are my F3S TOURING mods.
    Update 10 Oct 2015:
    My 2013 RT shield with Aluminum angle/flat bar solid mountings gives me total wind protection, no helmet noise.
    RT shield at 20" above center handlebar mount, I look through top 1", works good for me.
    Givi Wingracks with Givi topcase mount; N141 (or N140 will work); with 22" long sidebar extension connected to outside front handhold bolts, for topcase mount.
    (special thanks to Guzzi for posting photos of his F3S Wingrack & sidebags)!!!
    Givi E41NN sidecases. Givi 2015 V56N topcase.
    My 2012 Stage 5 Elka shocks 325# Eibach springs. (just cut away half moon 1" of plastic underneath for reservoir to fit).
    2015 Elka stage 2 rear shock with Hyperco 8" long 800# single spring 2.25 ID; gives correct 1" rear ride height sag for me; (I am buying a 900# single 8" spring so will only need 2 turns spring preload)!
    Note: The Elka dual 800# short 2 3/4" black spring/900# Eibach 5 1/4" Red spring are way too soft & sag 2" for too low of rear ride height with just driver;
    with passenger the F3 Elka dual springs bottoms out on speed bumps in parking lots!
    (call John at F3 Elka shock website 1-800-557-0552 to order; (suggest a 900# Hyperco 8" long single spring 2.25" ID for Elka rear F3 shock).
    (Not sure if John at Elka will install a Hyperco 900# SINGLE 8" long 2.25 ID rear spring on Elka rear shock for) F3 Spyders;
    I had to buy Hyperco single 8" length spring on my own). My F3S Rear Elka stage 2 shock is a Major improvement with corrected ride height (with Hyperco 8" long 800# single spring, (I am changing to 900# single spring); firm but dampening absorbs all small harsh bumps felt with stock shock.BRP floorboards are good; (but I added 1/2" firm pad foam to absorb small vibrations).
    Brake linkage shortened/pedal lowered.
    Russell backrest.
    Custom F3S seats; Russell seat spring at base, 2" memory foam with a 1/2" Gel pad sandwiched between foam, Custom leather seat cover off my RT seat.
    Magnaflow car muffler to mellow out the in line triple motor sound!!
    Yokohama S.drive 205-55-15 rear high performance car tire, has excellent dry/wet traction, smoother ride, grips in corners, (only about 9-10,000 miles wear).
    Still managed to ride 10,000 miles in 6 months on Awesome F3S Spyder, (with all the TOURING mods I designed/built)!!
    BRP built the ultimate F3S SE6 Spyder (well, until 2016 F3-T comes out in Jan 2016, adding sidebars & a V56 Givi Topcase, ha); with quick low end torque, more power than anyone really needs, consistent 39 mpg, handles corners at twice posted speed, light handling, very easy to ride, etc!!!
    Enjoy your F3 Spyder rydes.
    Jim
    Where did you get the mounting hardware for the Givi MONOKEY top case ?
    Thanks
    Ray

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rsbargiel View Post
    Where did you get the mounting hardware for the Givi MONOKEY top case ?
    Thanks
    Ray

Hi Ray,
    The Givi side/top plate brackets & Givi topcase mount comes with the Givi Wingrack N141 (pictured above), or the N140.
    That is the only way I think you can get them is with The Wingracks.
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Hi Ray,
    The Givi side/top plate brackets & Givi topcase mount comes with the Givi Wingrack N141 (pictured above), or the N140.
    That is the only way I think you can get them is with The Wingracks.
    Jim
    Thats how I got them