Spyder Garage

Default UPGRADE STEREO AMP

Hello Everyone,
    Can anyone tell me if the factory stereo amp can be switched out without loosing any of the factory controls or features-bluetooth, navigation voice, phone , xm satellite etc?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Daniel

Spyder Garage

Not sure what model you have but yes, you just disconnect the speaker wires and run them to an amp then back to the speakers. I used a compact 300 watt rockford fosgate 4 channel amp but I installed it where the XM satialite box would go so if you have that you may need to relocate the amp. The amp is very compact and works great but you will also need to upgrade the speakers. After blowing several aftermarket speakers I finally found "DC Gold Speakers" which are matched perfectly and can reproduce all the highs and the lows so you will get great bass.

These are custom made speakers and are pricey but worth the cost if you like clean sound. They fit in the orgional spots but you need to trim a corner off of the speakers on the front ones and a bit of plastic off of the bikes speaker grill cover on the rears. Neither trim shows and the speakers work fine when done. If you take a look at the side view comparision you can see how dramatically differernt the speakers are and the small one is already a high performance upgrade.

I added a 300 watt bass amp in the frunk to get even more base but that is strickly an option, the DC Golds work great without it.

Good luck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bluestratos; 05-29-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Great info, Thank you!

Thank you for the info, I was worried Can Am did something crazy with the wiring to prevent an easy switch out. I like the Rockford amps, not familiar with the DC Gold, but will check them out. I'm hoping I can fit a 6 1/2" in somehow then I wont need to find a place for an 8" subwoofer...