Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJohn View Post
    I believe he used a brembro 20mm master on the handlebar and tied that to a manifold borrowed from a goldwing, which he then ran two lines from to the existing ports on the ABS/brake box.
    And the Goldwing owner never suspected a thing untill the first red light
    A member of the rabble in good standing.
    A happy owner of a yellow SE-5.
    NMN Risers, Mudflap Lights, Fender Tips, Center Brake Light w/ Triple Play, Throttlemeister, Madstad Robo-brackets, Madstad windshield, CHAD windshield, Canisterectomy, Exhaust wrap.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Latemarch View Post
    I was not addressing your situation but rather the disabled rider that can't use the foot pedal.

Frankly, for your application I'd be thinking of a cable system that links the parking brake cable and avoiding the Spyders primary braking system entirely.

Actually, since I also ride two wheels I like stopping with the hand brake. If I didn't ride other motorcycles I probably wouldn't feel that way, but I get both with this system.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJohn View Post
    I believe he used a brembro 20mm master on the handlebar and tied that to a manifold borrowed from a goldwing, which he then ran two lines from to the existing ports on the ABS/brake box.
    Doesn't that compromise the original redundancy by connecting both elements of the Spyder's dual master cylinder through his manifold?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikester View Post
    Doesn't that compromise the original redundancy by connecting both elements of the Spyder's dual master cylinder through his manifold?
    My thought is ...yes, but thats what he chose to do.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

are those corbin bags?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    are those corbin bags?
    Yep.

Spyder Garage

Default Corbin bags

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    are those corbin bags?

Yes, and they have turned out good.-

Nexus
    Last edited by NEXUS; 01-22-2009 at 12:31 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default UPDATE ON MY HAND BRAKE MOD

I have made a couple of changes in the hand brake.

Normal foot brake action the slave cylinder shaft stays in the hole in the clevis. However, if the brakes on the Spyder had to be bled, to remove air, the foot brake arm would be moved far enough for the shaft to fall out of the clevis, during this operation. Getting it back in would add a lot of frustration to the bleeding process.

To facilitate this I bored the hole in the clevis a little deeper, to 18.5mm. Then using a 45 degree countersink I tapered the entrance to the hole. This cone shaped entrance provides a self guide for the end of the shaft making it easy to re-insert it into the hole. I also removed the nut from the salve cylinder shaft to be able to use the extra depth of the hole for the shaft. I re-adjusted the position of the cylinder to take up the gap between the end of the shaft and the bottom of the hole.

Here are photos of this mod.
    Last edited by trikester; 02-05-2009 at 12:43 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looks good. Can I bribe you into a kit? I want tell no one.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Sorry.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Can Any One Help Me?

I have been following this post since day one and I have to say that with the help of NEXUS and his assistance with more info to my dealer I was able to come up with this conclusion. First of all I am not knocking the dealer that I was dealing with because they have been good to me with everything so far but when it came to asking them to do the woke they asked me for $1,300 telling me that a thousand just for labor its self. I was like no I rather not. Now I am using a cable braking system and it has been doing good but not great on those hard days on my hand. So going hydraulic is a better option health wise for me. So I am asking if there is any one out there that is willing to do the work with me if not for me and I am willing to pay for the time at a reasonable price. I will order all the parts that is needed at my cost and I am willing to travel with my SPYDER since I just got my trailer modified for any long trips. Also at a reasonable distance. I am located in Brooklyn NY and if any one knows what or where and who can help me before my summer begins and I want to full enjoyment out of the warm days. I am also vacationing to Florida in July for a month and be willing to meet with anyone out there (not with SPYDER) but am willing to meet up with anyone that will give me the hands on knowledge of how to get this done and again I state that I will be buying all the parts needed so if I have to bring them with me please let me know that as well.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hot Wheels isci is coming out with a front brake system. www.industrialspecialty.com

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thank you so much for the info Putt-Putt. I contacted isci and spoke to someone name Jeff he had informed me that just prior to calling the company that him and others were just working on the production of the hydraulic braking kit. He told me that it would be something that they are working on completing by the end of this month if not going on to next month. He also assured me that they are working on a standard bolt on system. You don’t know how grateful I was to tell him and his company for taking the time to help people as my self and others that wanted this type of modification taken on more consideration. We also discussed about there new floorboards as well. And I told him that was another option I wanted to take due to the fact that my legs at this time are strapped to the foot pegs. So he took all my info and stated that they would contact me as soon as production was on it’s was to retail. Again I showed my up most gratitude and said my fair well. So I will patiently await for ISCI to further enhance my dream on riding on a personal and safety level as well as await for the warm weather to come in see you guys on the road and this website and the people on it are the best in the world!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I've been waiting for this front brake kit a long time too. Glad to be of help. Now I just hope it is reasonably priced.

Spyder Garage

hotwheels, I am also having a pain the ass problem with my cable system, I got a few more things work on it with, I have a t8 sci and the floorboards I have work great, I don't have to velco my feet on like on my landing greared zx12, saving me a ton of time. if you want look at the pic's in the wheelchair mount shop section. the guy that made the floorboards for me is in a chair and he cuts some of the plastic out for my feet to sit in, I get as far forward on my seat as a can and then velco around my legs so my knees do flop around, can cut corners at 90+ and can stay on, if you need more pics or info, call me 218-556-3994. work nights so call in the after noon.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well SethO Yes please send me any other pics that you have i did check out the ones that you have up so far and they look very impressive the ones things that I familiarized my self with was the strap you use. I guess to hold your self to the seat I was using the same method when I would ride my ATV but then I because of my lack of balance the Velcro strap would fall on my tightly on my thigh were I developed and wound that was cause by the rubbing. But I didn’t want to go the same route this time knowing that I would be ridding my spyder more so I went with a harness Black Diamond Momentum Speed Adjust Harness www.backcountry.com. And I did that because it wraps around my waist and not so much of a strain on that wound that is still trying to heal after more than 5 years. Now the harness has a big clip on buckle in the front easy to put on and off and then two straps that are bolted to the two bolts under the seat to makes sure I don’t slide from side to side. But I would like to see more pics that you can offer. You can send them to me at madface31@aol.com and we can compare notes.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Another Hydraulic Handbrake

Hi all,

AJ's Motorcycles in Victoria, Australia has also designed a bolt on front hydraulic hand brake.

They should have it for sale in the next month as a kit.

www.ajsmotorcycles.com.au

Contact is Brett

Hope this helps as I am also looking at it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rosej View Post
    Hi all,

AJ's Motorcycles in Victoria, Australia has also designed a bolt on front hydraulic hand brake.

They should have it for sale in the next month as a kit.

www.ajsmotorcycles.com.au

Contact is Brett

Hope this helps as I am also looking at it.

Thanks for the info.. I'd like to get one too. Now we may have two sources for a hand brake. I called ISCI and am waiting for them to call back. And I sent AJS an e-mail. So we will see what I here from both of them.
    Last edited by Putt-Putt; 04-01-2009 at 10:24 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad to see some kits on their way to market. I'll have to admit that I have carried some guilt feelings for not making parts for others but I just don't have time to do that. I can't seem to get to the things I want to do for myself.

I hope these guys are coming out with some good systems at a good price.

Spyder Garage

Hello just reading all about hand brakes can someone let me know what size brake line I would need for this setup plus has someone found a clevis that work with this. Thats the last two things I need for it.

thank you all help you can give

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hello big Q I did this brake setup and a master cylinder for a 09 goldwing and I can't get it to lock the hand brake go's all the way to the grip could the master not be moving enough fluid the slave don't look like it is moving the whole way that it should be

thank you for any help
    Robert

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If you have the same red coleman clyinder,the slave diameter is larger than the master.
    I think the coleman is 23mm ..So you have to match it to your master size.
    I have the same prob on my spyder only because I was tired of fiddling with the setup and chose to ride it with only about 80% braking power. But it is going to be solved soon cause i bought the isci handbrake kit. Havent installed it yet, but will soon.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just like to ask everyone that has done this setup. How do you like it. Did it work as well as the foot brake.

Thank you for any input

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder man View Post
    Just like to ask everyone that has done this setup. How do you like it. Did it work as well as the foot brake.

Thank you for any input
    The ISCI setup is pricy no doubt, but the workmanship and quality is second to none! The brakes will reach full engagement before the lever reaches the grip. They did a great job of coordinating fluid volume movement with lever resistance. Im glad I broke out the wallet!

God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Default Nexus and Trikster...

Great work and step by step instructions. Now I can tackle this project without hesitation. I keep reaching for a hand brake and now I can have one. Thanks for all the photos and information. /Ken
    Ken krb1945 "Happy Owner"
    USN DAV 100% 'er
    Proud grandfather of a former United States Marine
    1 2008 SM5 PE 548
    1 2008 SM5, 1 2009 SE5
    2008 GL1800