Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

One more destination teaser--maybe another in a week or so.

I do miss that Vulcan 900.

Last edited by ARtraveler; 06-03-2015 at 09:52 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Lists are getting completed

Yep I'm a list person. Lists for this, lists for that. 6 separate lists for planning of trip. 4 lists for my personal stuff and spyder. Folks if I ever lose one of my lists we are royally "screwed" I gave up on remembering stuff a few years back!! So far so good and the lists are nearing all "systems go". Nice. Studley gets "his" full check up, new tires, oil etc etc etc. on the 13th . 3 weeks to NORTH head NORTH TO ALASKA.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Camera

I finally found a dumb simple camera to record our adventures in Alaska. It has one button. You can take stills or movies with one click or one long click. It is about 5 inches long. When you hold it, it turns on. It looks like an inverted inhalater. It is very easy to use while on a Spyder. There is no viewfinder. At the end of the day, you turn on the siftware program and the camera automatically transfers the pictures or movies. It is called RE and can be found on line or bought on Amazon.

Spyder Garage

Default Mileage.

Just hit 49,000 miles on my 2012 RT. Just picked bike up at shop; and it is ready for all Alaska can throw our way.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tom, that camera looks cool and seems to take good pictures. Robin posted some from yesterday on FB.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default More on Camera

The pics and movies are pretty good. What I really like is the size and being able to take pics one handed. Just point and click. I keep the camera on a lanyard around my neck. It also is water resistant and actally can take pics underwater to about 1 meter.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Stopping in Boise on way to Chelan

I noticed that several of you are planning to travel through Idaho on your way to Chelan and on to Alaska. Let me know what your plans are for passing through the Boise/Ontario, OR area and maybe we can meet up for breakfast, lunch, coffee, dinner, or whatever. Might even be able to work it out that Southern Idaho Chapter members can join in.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Guns to Alaska

It is possible to carry a handgun through Canada to Alaska. But there is some required paperwork, an approval and fee.

do some homework on the internet and you can find an 800 number you can call for all the details. You fill out and fax an application to transport your handgun. There are size and caliber restrictions. And you request can be denied arbitrarily. If your application is approved by the RCMP, then when you enter Canada you have to present the handgun to be measured at customs. If the barrel is too short, they can seize the handgun and destroy it in your presence. if you indicate you want the handgun for personal protection most certainly your request will be denied.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    CptJAM (Joe) just picked up his new wheels for the trip. A 2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
    Looking mighty Kool Joe. Leave the golf clubs at home but don't forget the "Off" "mosquito rid" etc.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tbhlaw View Post
    It is possible to carry a handgun through Canada to Alaska. But there is some required paperwork, an approval and fee.

do some homework on the internet and you can find an 800 number you can call for all the details. You fill out and fax an application to transport your handgun. There are size and caliber restrictions. And you request can be denied arbitrarily. If your application is approved by the RCMP, then when you enter Canada you have to present the handgun to be measured at customs. If the barrel is too short, they can seize the handgun and destroy it in your presence. if you indicate you want the handgun for personal protection most certainly your request will be denied.

Do yourself a big favour and leave the guns at home. You may make it past customs (doubtful), but if you get pulled over by the police they will certainly seize it and/or arrest you. Not worth the hassle. Hand guns are a restricted firearm up here and they are not looked on, by the authorities, favourable. If you get caught trying to smuggle one through, I hope you enjoy our country, because you will be here a while.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Looking mighty Kool Joe. Leave the golf clubs at home but don't forget the "Off" "mosquito rid" etc.

Jack
    Jack, unfortunately Joe's new bike got towed back to the dealer last Wednesday for an oil leak.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Restricted weapons

Regarding hand guns,dont even consider bringing any along with brass knuckles, pepper spray, bear spray or any kind of drugs including marijuana even with a permit. If you bring more than $10,000.00 just make sure you declare it, ( just tell them you are going to share it with your friend, ME) but joking aside they may ask you. There is very little problem getting into or crossing Canada but we do have laws and restrictions. Canada wants tourism.
    Roger
    2012 RT Limited
    Vertika Floor boards
    Painted rear fender & dash
    Carbon fiber panels
    Utopia back rest
    Baker air wings
    Elka shocks and relocaters
    CB radio
    ISO hand grips
    Tric LED fender light
    Turn signal lights in mirrors

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My planned route - at least for now!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post

My planned route - at least for now!
    I'd go with that route in minute! Lot's of pretty country, lot's of trees, lots of sagebrush, lots of rocks, not so lots of water, lots of sunshine, lots of quiet miles, lots of flat ground, lots of mountains, and more! Probably some deer, antelope, jack rabbits, hawks, maybe even eagles, ground squirrels, and more. What more could you ask for?

You'll be happy you did it! If you can work it out, and are interested in history, take a side trip to Promontory, UT Golden Spike Historic site, nw of SLC. Will add miles to your trip but worth it if you're into such things. Time it right and watch them run the old steam replica locomotives.

According to Google maps your route will be well over 2200 miles! Give yourself about 7 to 10 days to do it and enjoy all the stops and sites along the way! Then you'll be nice and relaxed and feeling good to start the next leg to AK!
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 06-08-2015 at 07:34 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Jack, unfortunately Joe's new bike got towed back to the dealer last Wednesday for an oil leak.
    OH NO! He looks sooo happy on it too. Please let him keep it Ann.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    I'd go with that route in minute! Lot's of pretty country, lot's of trees, lots of sagebrush, lots of rocks, not so lots of water, lots of sunshine, lots of quiet miles, lots of flat ground, lots of mountains, and more! Probably some deer, antelope, jack rabbits, hawks, maybe even eagles, ground squirrels, and more. What more could you ask for?

You'll be happy you did it! If you can work it out, and are interested in history, take a side trip to Promontory, UT Golden Spike Historic site, nw of SLC. Will add miles to your trip but worth it if you're into such things. Time it right and watch them run the old steam replica locomotives.

According to Google maps your route will be well over 2200 miles! Give yourself about 7 to 10 days to do it and enjoy all the stops and sites along the way! Then you'll be nice and relaxed and feeling good to start the next leg to AK!
    My app says it's 2,531 miles. That doesn't count excursions in national parks, etc. Next I'll work on mapping the route from Chelan to Eagle River.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default Travel

My app says it's 2,531 miles. That doesn't count excursions in national parks, etc. Next I'll work on mapping the route from Chelan to Eagle River.
    If you go anywhere near Olympia, Wa let me know......know some really nice rides and very pretty country.....

Spyder Garage

I'm sure you mapped it out more exactly than I did.

If you've never been there think about going on I-70 across the Divide through the Eisenhower Tunnel down to Silverthorne, CO. Then turn around and come back across over Loveland Pass on US 6. Lots of twisties and scenery, and on back to US 40. It'll add about 65 miles RT is all. There's an old train ride at Georgetown. I don't know distance and time, but here's a pic of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer!

Hope Joe's KTM get fixed fixed quickly.
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Spyder Garage

Default Like a Spyder!

Cam cover gasket leak. Needs a new one. They have to order it from Austria! Hope I get it back this week - I have farkles to attend to. Traded in my trusty Honda ST1300 for this exotic European wunderbike, and of this is just a glitch, ok. Fast, light, dripping with technology, comfortable. So far, seems ok, leak aside. Adventure bike! I believe this qualifies as an adventure!
    people carry guns to Alaska every day. There is a permit form. If it comes on time, I will bring it. If not, I won't. I don't smuggle, so, no worries. We will see. Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2,200 miles sounds like a 3 day trip to me!
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

2,200 miles sounds like a 3 day trip to me!
    Well of course, but you do it to work at making a living. Folks like me and Patti do it to LIVE! I moved over to the slow lane several years ago! One of the most beautiful things in the world to look at is the ass end of a person passing me up because it makes me realize, "I don't have to move like that any more!"

My trip to Spyderfest ended up at almost 4900 miles and 19 days traveling, 258 miles per day. But I got to see Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest NP, a couple of Route 66 museums, Will Rogers Memorial & Museum, Custer Museum, Kansas Motorcycle Museum, Meteor Crater, snowflakes, raindrops, sunshine, clouds, rocks, trees, rivers, and ........ What did you see coming back from SF besides asphalt and concrete?

P.S. Jerking chains is fun, isn't it?
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 06-09-2015 at 01:08 AM.

2014 Copper RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But Mac I've already seen most of those things. I'm just not big on stopping and looking at stuff. I'd rather see it and keep going. To each his own. And even when we just travel for fun we don't fart around like you old guys!
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Where are you going?

We go places. Interesting things along the way are filed for another trip. Meanwhile, gotta roll!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But Mac I've already seen most of those things. I'm just not big on stopping and looking at stuff. I'd rather see it and keep going. To each his own. And even when we just travel for fun we don't fart around like you old guys!
    Hey!! I resemble that remark!!

I'm more like Mac in my ryding style. The only thing pushing me to do more miles is the cost of lodging. But I'm trying to build up my tolerance for miles since I'll be ryding with you road demons.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)