Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Glad you are all having a great trip.Sure wish i was there.Ride safe enjoy.
    Bill

2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Default Karyl can sure organize a trip

Today we headed to Skagway and would you believe that after organizing our itinerary to perfection, Karyl also had the time to organise a parade for us down Main Street. To top it off, we arrived a little late, so after the parade went north on Main, they turned around and did it again going south, so that we wouldn't miss a thing. On top of that, the weather gods were with us and there was no rain.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I even got to ride in the parade! We met a Soyder rider after the parade, he was from Whitehorse and I don't think he was too happy to see us there, he liked to be only Spyder around. On our way back to Muktuk we stopped in Whitehorse and saw a 2008 GS in McDonalds parking lot. We also saw an RS heading south and a wonan on an ST also heading south.The scenery was beautiful today and we even saw a black bear along the highway. These are pictures from Emerald Lake.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

That is some beautiful area, thanks for the photos.

JT

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I even got to ride in the parade! We met a Soyder rider after the parade, he was from Whitehorse and I don't think he was too happy to see us there, he liked to be only Spyder around. On our way back to Muktuk we stopped in Whitehorse and saw a 2008 GS in McDonalds parking lot. We also saw an RS heading south and a wonan on an ST also heading south.The scenery was beautiful today and we even saw a black bear along the highway. These are pictures from Emerald Lake.
    Emerald Lake is a beauty and lives up to its name.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Wink

Wow, that is some beautiful country. Thanks for posting info about the trip, Meg and I enjoy it.
    2015 RTL , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hey D!
    It shouldn't be too much longer, and AKSpyderlady will be saying:

Lock up the liquor, and hide the ammunition!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

To all of our Adventurers!!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Tok

The leg from the sled dog ranch to Tok included 40 miles of washboard gravel roads. Piece of cake! Shook a couple parts loose, but we pressed on. All safe and sound! 70 felt hot! No rain. Beautiful countryside, saw 3 fires! Cool day!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Default Here we are..still going strong

Yep Yep..all parties still talking, smiling and .
    But we are in Alaska (TOK)...hopefully tonight I will get someone to download pics and post here. Robin & Tom are doing a phenomenal job of picture taking..but need to get someone to get them for you to see.
    Last few days have been nothing short of awesome. Spent two nights outside of Whitehorse YUKON at the Muktuk B & B...this family owned property started as their mushing business. They have approximate 125 sled dogs..most are active dogs...but they do have their geriatic group of senior dogs living out their years in comfort. The accommodations are any where from a cabin in the woods with no running water and an outhouse (with no door, but the view is SPECTACULAR) to rooms in the main building with shared bath. 5 of us stayed in a very nice log cabin...dormitory style sleeping. Yep 5 adults (male and female)...mattresses on floor (1 dbl..married couple got that...4 twins for the rest of us!!) and 1 bathroom. Yep there are no secrets among 15 Spyder ryders who get up close and 'personal'. We visited Skagway on July 4th...had a parade, awesome bagpipe mini concert while we ate lunch at the local brothel turned restaurant...well not sure what was going on up those stairs to the upper level!!

Yesterday we left Muktuk B & B headed to TOK, AK...almost all roads were good...but there was a 40 mile stretch that we tested how well our Spyders were assembled (glad to report they all held together and performed VERY well). All dirt, gravel, pot holes, washboard and max speed was like 30 MPG..and at times that was way to much (now Joe and his adventure bike were thinking they had finally arrived!!). We arrived in TOK with dirt in every crack of the Spyders and our bodies...fortunately only had 1 small equipment failure (amazed we didn't lose at least 1 tire...I walked around motel this morning and all tires appeared to be still 'fluffy'...Tom's trailer pig tail came off...but with a little duck tape and skilled mechanics (definitely not me!!)..he was back operational in a short while.

Today we will do a short 300 mile ryde into Eagle River..where we will stay for 4 nights with day rides...organized and led by a fellow Spyder ryder who lives in area. BUT have to say I feel I can speak for the 15 of us when I say we are ready to stay put for a few and find the washing machines!!!

Scenery is awesome, people are better and yep it is a great trip. More later. Hope all goes well in your world..

me

akspyderman and ladyspyderman...here we come...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Wishing you all the best on your trip thru Alaska. Beautiful scenery there. Keep the pictures coming. God Speed to all.

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post

Today we will do a short 300 mile ryde into Eagle River..where we will stay for 4 nights with day rides...organized and led by a fellow Spyder ryder who lives in area. BUT have to say I feel I can speak for the 15 of us when I say we are ready to stay put for a few and find the washing machines!!!

Scenery is awesome, people are better and yep it is a great trip. More later. Hope all goes well in your world.
    akspyderman and ladyspyderman...here we come...
    Fantastic. The road from Whitehorse to Skagway is worth doing twice -- and you did! Now you get to see the parts of Alaska the normal tourists and riders never get to see -- courtesy of AKSpyderman. I'm really curious to see where he takes you these next days. Should be great, and involves a great effort put forth on his part, I'm sure.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the pics! Just making the plan to go faster.

Spyder Garage

Great updates! Safe travels to all.
    Current Spyder
    2015 Magnesium Metallic F3-S SE6

• Gauge Spoiler - Pegs @ #5 - Long Reach Bars - Detachable Passenger Backrest - Cross Country Saddlebags - Power Commander V - Power Commander Auto-Tune - Power Commander POD-300 - Two Bros S1R Exhaust w/Black P1X tip - Two Up Shock - Detachable Driver Backrest - Spyclops LED - LED Headlights - Route 129 Windshield

Retired Spyder
    2013 Magnesium Metallic ST-S SE5 5,467 Miles

Ryding Since 1/19/13

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Today was filled with snow capped mountains and glaciers. The scenery is breathtaking and the roads were much better today then they were yesterday. We had one 14 Spyder throw a P0340 code crankshaft sensor error. It wouldn't reset with BUDS so we called a dealer in Anchorage and they said he'd be okay to ride as long as he didn't feel any loss of power. He made it the 150 miles to the dealer and we arrived there after 4:00. Weren't impressed with the tech who insisted that the fuses and relays were under the seat so he decided to check in at the hotel then bring it to them in the morning. Good choice since the preferred dealer is across from our hotel. They stopped there and were quite impressed with them we are all hoping that the sensor was knocked loose on the bumpy roads.

Tonight was was dinner with AK Spyderman and Lady and tomorrow off on another adventure.
    Last edited by SpyderAnn01; 07-07-2015 at 12:38 AM.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Anchorage!

Arrived! Yay! One bike throwing a code; met with a bad dealer, found a good one. They will fix it in the morning. Sharp folks at CC! Right across the street from the hotel!
    Met up with everyone for a nice dinner, tours in the morning! Over 4000 miles so far! Great trip! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Today was filled with snow capped mountains and glaciers. The scenery is breathtaking and the roads were much better today then they were yesterday. We had one 14 Spyder throw a P0340 code crankshaft sensor error. It wouldn't reset with BUDS so we called a dealer in Anchorage and they said he'd be okay to ride as long as he didn't feel any loss of power. He made it the 150 miles to the dealer and we arrived there after 4:00. Weren't impressed with the tech who insisted that the fuses and relays were under the seat so he decided to check in at the hotel then bring it to them in the morning. Good choice since the preferred dealer is across from our hotel. They stopped there and were quite impressed with them we are all hoping that the sensor was knocked loose on the bumpy roads.

Tonight was was dinner with AK Spyderman and Lady and tomorrow off on another adventure.
    Sounds like a great ride. Nice photo. I checked the '14 manual and P0340 is camshaft position sensor (crankshaft is P0335). Suggested fixes are loose connector, damaged wires, blown fuse, damaged sensor, etc. Fortunately it's easy to get to -- right in front of the oil filter housing on the right rear side of the engine. Let's hope it is just a loose connection. I'm sure this is not a stocked item. Enjoy your ride today.

RT and Gold Wing States & Provinces

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gypsy_100 View Post
    Sounds like a great ride. Nice photo. I checked the '14 manual and P0340 is camshaft position sensor (crankshaft is P0335). Suggested fixes are loose connector, damaged wires, blown fuse, damaged sensor, etc. Fortunately it's easy to get to -- right in front of the oil filter housing on the right rear side of the engine. Let's hope it is just a loose connection. I'm sure this is not a stocked item. Enjoy your ride today.
    Dealer #2 should have them up and running.

EDIT: The Spyder is fixed and running well.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 07-07-2015 at 08:02 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks !

Thank you and everyone who has posted the photos on this trip - they are great!

I am glad you all are having a great time - please say "hello" from us to our friends from MN, Les & Kathy!

Enjoy your trip and keep the photos coming!

Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Teresa View Post

I am glad you all are having a great time - please say "hello" from us to our friends from MN, Les & Kathy!

We are having dinner with Les while Kathy slaves over the laundry.
    Kudos to Jon at Team CC for getting Dave's Spyder back on the road, he took a camshaft sensor off a motor that they had and Dave was able to join us on our ride

Robin's Spyder is giving her fits, seems that it wasn't fix completely in Vancouver WA. She will take it ti Team CC tomorrow.

Seward Hwy tomorrow!
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote from Murphy brown "an outhouse (with no door, but the view is SPECTACULAR)"

I almost fell over when i read that, not sure what view she was talking about.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Joe Joe Joe......

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Quote from Murphy brown "an outhouse (with no door, but the view is SPECTACULAR)"

I almost fell over when i read that, not sure what view she was talking about.

Cruzr Joe
    When you are out where the bears poo in the woods there is no other word that describes what you see.....
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe, I used the outhouse with no door then we opted to stay in the Inn instead if the "rustic" cabin. The view wasn't that great. The ravens were the size of medium dogs and I was afraid one woukd try to get me while I was in the outhouse.
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jim&Teresa View Post

Hi Jim & Teresa,

Thanks for the hello. We are having a great time and when we get back will see about downloading our pictures and posting some since we did not bring the correct cable to do that.

Les
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue