Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Sure sounds like a great trip.Everyone ride safe and keep the pics coming really enjoy them.
    Bil
    2018 RT Anniversary , Brake pedal extended

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    I stayed at Paradise Inn at Mt Rainier. Then same on to Chelan yesterday. Will hit Walmart today, reorganize & repack.

Attached Images Attached Images

this posting has been vetted, scrubbed and endorsed by the
    committee for postings

Spyder Garage

Kathy and I just arrived in Butte, MT. 12 1/2 hours and most at 102 temp. Feels good to rest! We will head out about 7:00am to make the 6:00pm dinner. I hope you all do not mind two road dirty persons at dinner.

See you all tomorrow
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Road Dirt is the BEST Kind

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Kathy and I just arrived in Butte, MT. 12 1/2 hours and most at 102 temp. Feels good to rest! We will head out about 7:00am to make the 6:00pm dinner. I hope you all do not mind two road dirty persons at dinner.

See you all tomorrow
    Ryde safe...see you tomorrow...
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post

See you all tomorrow
    Great progress. I didn't realize "up north" in the US would be that hot, however, it is almost July. I looked up Chelan, WA for today's forecast and it stated a high of 105! WOW.

Ride safe (I know you will) and have a great time.....
    Happy and safe rydin'
    2014 Spyder RT Limited - January 2014, Cognac/Black Seat, #958, born on 1-8-14
    2014 RT Limited , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Default Hot

Yes it can be Hot in the NW and this weather is just a sample. My son and I rode in from Butte, MT. Friday eventing to his place in Deer Park, WA and hit temps up to 105, but mostly continuous 102º. Sure did enjoy the nice relatively cool Cody, WY for three days. I could live quite well there in the Summer, guess that would make me a "Heat Bird". Don't like temps over 80 and don't mind cold winters if they don't last too long. Bike performed beautifully and averaged 38 to 39 mpg. It is due for 3000 mile service in another 500 miles. That BajaRon bar was worth every cent in the twisties on some of the Mtn. highways and sure glad I had the bumpskid on when I hit a solfball size rock just outside Red Lodge, Monsanta. It did it's job.
    Glad to be home but erwas a trip to remember.
    American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of GOD.

The Older I get the Better I Was.

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default A little relief for June 29th

Yesterday at the border where you guys are crossing into Canada at Osoyoos, the official high was 100.4 F and with humidex it was almost 108 F. Where I am, south of Penticton, just 45 minutes north it was 104 F on our deck. Today will be much the same but tomorrow they are forecasting (like you can trust that!!) temperatures of around 88 F and 60% chance of showers so the humidity will probably be higher.
    Going across highway 97C it climbs quite a lot and is always cooler up there until you come down to Merritt. But tomorrow definitely should be a little cooler.

Gary

PS: Yes it gets hot up here in parts of "the great white north" too and we usually have similar weather to Chelan Washington which technically, we are both at the northern tip of the Sonoran Dessert. We have cactus growing here.
    Last edited by cognaccruiser; 06-28-2015 at 10:45 AM.
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

The weather for the Eagle River area seems to have taken the turn back to "normal." After almost a month of record highs, a few low pressure areas are now back. This amounts to low 60's, some clouds, and some rain (which we need badly). You may encounter cooler temps on your trek through the Yukon Territory.

It was in the 40's up at the Arctic Ocean with 30's at night most of the past week.

The weather may change again for your stay here. Will keep you posted about this time next week.

Enjoy whatever Mother Nature throws at you and be safe, warm, and dry. Twenty four hours and counting.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Squared away in Chelan!

Departed Spokane this morning for a quick romp over to Chelan. Arrived in time for a quick dip in the pool! Much nicer! A bit of pre-ride checks, and we are off to the Bon voyage dinner! Karyl and Patti are sorting and re-organizing, and Ann is too! Adventure awaits!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Winger View Post
    Sure sounds like a great trip.Everyone ride safe and keep the pics coming really enjoy them.
    Bil

What he said

committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We had a going-away banquet tonight, along with many of Karyl's (MurphyBrown's) local riding friends from the group Samaritan Riders. They raised money based on Karyl's and Fred's mileage for the Alaska trip. The pledges were tallied at the banquet and along with what some of the NtA ryders kicked in call came to $2000. They raise money for one child suffering a bad disease. This year the recipient is Addison who has neuroblastema, a kind of cancer. It's an honor to help in such a good cause.

Now we're at Karyl's, finishing packing, washing Spyders and thinking of what I might possibly forget to do. We'll have a breakfast here, then try to get on the road at 8 am. If I don't get a chance to post in the morning, I'll try to do so as soon as I have internet service again.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

We had a going-away banquet tonight, along with many of Karyl's (MurphyBrown's) local riding friends from the group Samaritan Riders. They raised money based on Karyl's and Fred's mileage for the Alaska trip. The pledges were tallied at the banquet and along with what some of the NtA ryders kicked in call came to $2000. They raise money for one child suffering a bad disease. This year the recipient is Addison who has neuroblastema, a kind of cancer. It's an honor to help in such a good cause.

Now we're at Karyl's, finishing packing, washing Spyders and thinking of what I might possibly forget to do. We'll have a breakfast here, then try to get on the road at 8 am. If I don't get a chance to post in the morning, I'll try to do so as soon as I have internet service again.
    Yes -what Patty said!!
    Kathy and I arrived around 4:00pm and had time to chat a little before off to the banquet.
    Most of the ride was around 104 with a shot of 113 tossed in for fun. The morning started out a 57, but that did not last long.
    Hope tomorrow is cooler!

Les
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default MurphyBrown's House

PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

At Clinton, BC. Here's a couple pics at our hotel:
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We had rain when we left Chelan and it cleared up at the border. So most of us removed our hot rain gear. The it rained again & it went back on . . . then off. Then guess what? Right! Back on. I think we did that 3 or 4 times. The last time I was at the end and hurried to get geared up & laud my glasses on the Spyder while I removed my helmet. Then after I got dressed & the helmet back on then took off. No glasses . . But I didn't realize it for several miles. Went back for them and found this:
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool

I've done that too many times, Patti!! I now use Flexon frames which don't suffer so badly when I sit on them!

Spyder Garage

At Clinton, BC. Here's a couple pics at our hotel:

committee for postings

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OJ UK View Post
    I've done that too many times, Patti!! I now use Flexon frames which don't suffer so badly when I sit on them!
    Not sure of the brand, but these were that type of frame. They just couldn't withstand being rolled over by vehicle tires.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Rare footage...

...Of the "NTA Brigade's", advance into Canada!

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default North to Alaska Group arrive in BC, Canada

My wife and I met the group at the Washington/BC border and led them on some more scenic, less busy roads, had lunch at a local pub and then led them as far as Merritt, BC, about 135 miles, before sending them off on the remaining 100 miles of their first day to Clinton. Obviously they didn't get lost.
    Yes, it was the first day we had rain in weeks and although we needed it, we would have preferred it rain another day. We waited at the border for about 1 hour mostly in the rain and shortly before they arrived, the sun came out. It rained again when we crossed the mountain pass going to Merritt.
    Attached are a few pictures. Not great pictures but a record of their arrival in BC and a couple of pictures at the restaurant.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

Default Looks like a great trip so far

Love the pictures that are being posted. Been watching them on the spot map and looks like they are making good time. Of course the spot doesn't show the weather. Be neat if it did. At least they seem to have good satellite coverage. How cool, gotta do this next year.

Spyder Garage

I was looking at the SPOT link and my first thought was that you missed your turn on to highway 16. Either that or you went into Prince George for a lunch stop and had to turn around to go back to 16. Either way, you seem to be on the right track now. Burns Lake tonight I believe.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Spyder Garage

So how many riders total and how many rigs are actually making this adventure together? I only counted four in the picture. Where's that new KTM Joe?

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

Default Just got home from Alaska Monday.

We left Austin on May 25 returned yesterday and bought a new 2015 RT limited today.
    We pulled a 39'ft RV and hauled a RZR for off road fun. We met my sister on the way back for a night as she was heading up. Have fun. The road from Destruction Bay to the Alaska border is the roughest road you will ever drive.

Spyder Garage

Default I'm here!

KTM running great. Going 100-120 K I get 50 mpg! All 10 Spyders plus me are running well, no problems, except dirt and rain. No gas issues, no real traffic. Great trip, great folks! Cheers! Joe
    15 people total.
    Last edited by cptjam; 07-01-2015 at 12:45 AM.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system