Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425
    Spyder Garage

That east trip sounds great, we would be interested .Crossing Canada you would be going right past our place,keep it in mind. I too would say Newfoundland and also Labrador which is a short hop from Newfoundland, and is also a part of Newfoundland but on the mainland north of Quebec. Beautiful country and history.
    It would be great if we could combine it with the BRP ralleye in Quebec. Lets do it.
    Roger & Linda
    2012 RT Limited
    Vertika Floor boards
    Painted rear fender & dash
    Carbon fiber panels
    Utopia back rest
    Baker air wings
    Elka shocks and relocaters
    CB radio
    ISO hand grips
    Tric LED fender light
    Turn signal lights in mirrors

Spyder Garage

Default NTA THANKS

We want to thank all who posted about this great adventure. We will be leaving in a couple of weeks and feel well prepared for the road ahead. We will be leaving the always dry and warm/hot San Clemente, Calif. We have a 2014 RT-S SE6 with the Sway bar, skid plate, belt guard, Stiebel horn, Garmin 660 and a bunch of stuff from NPR on the IPOD, new rear Arachnid and front Evo's, just changed the oil and am ready to roll. Two up, no trailer, many miles from previous 2-wheelers taught us to travel light. Will be stopping for the Spyders in the Redwoods event on the way and getting the lazer alignment from Joe. If there is any must have/do item, let me know Now. Also, we are avid birdwatchers, so please post any great birding places.
    Thanks again,
    Santa Ken and Sachi

Spyder Garage

Ken,
    We used to be neighbors, we lived in Laguna Niguel before moving to Arizona. I would add to your list, air filter, spark plugs, battery and brake pads. The gravel dust can wear away pads and clog a filter quickly, if they are borderline. Test your battery to make sure it's in good shape.
    Ride safe and don't worry about the birds, it's the moose that'll get you.
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Spyder Garage

Default Adventure end's

We are safely home now from an adventure that started for us June 21 when we left home and headed west to meet up with Karyl and end up meeting many new friends that we rode we with on NTA adventure plus a great couple from Eagle River Dwayne & Linda thanks for being our guide and for great evening meal.

The good was the people and some great scenery also information gather from trip to Deadhorse.
    The not so good was Denali, tour was to long only saving grace was all the wild life that we saw going in and on way out.

The bad was all the road construction, but that is the only time they can do any work on highways.

The ugly is the dirt that we have to get off the Spyder and trailer oh and the Freedom trailer did just fine no problems at all ,all in one piece no lose bolts no cracks few dings and lots of dirt to clean off ,we ended up with 13125 miles for this adventure. Dave & Joni
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC

2014 rtse6 trunk rack-Baker air wing's-2 12v outlet's mounted id speaker grill's-handle bar ram mount for GPS

Spyder Garage

Default Great news. No place like home

Quote Originally Posted by farmerold View Post
    We are safely home now from an adventure that started for us June 21 when we left home and headed west to meet up with Karyl and end up meeting many new friends that we rode we with on NTA adventure plus a great couple from Eagle River Dwayne & Linda thanks for being our guide and for great evening meal.

The good was the people and some great scenery also information gather from trip to Deadhorse.
    The not so good was Denali, tour was to long only saving grace was all the wild life that we saw going in and on way out.

The bad was all the road construction, but that is the only time they can do any work on highways.

The ugly is the dirt that we have to get off the Spyder and trailer oh and the Freedom trailer did just fine no problems at all ,all in one piece no lose bolts no cracks few dings and lots of dirt to clean off ,we ended up with 13125 miles for this adventure. Dave & Joni
    you definitely win the prize for miles traveled. I was next with over 10k. With your arrival home all the NTA folks are safely home. NICE VERY NICE
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default trailers

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    you definitely win the prize for miles traveled. I was next with over 10k. With your arrival home all the NTA folks are safely home. NICE VERY NICE
    By the by ....how did your trailer tires work out ???????............Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by farmerold View Post

I'm glad you two are home. I sure wish I'd had thought to get a picture when we met in I-70.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Dave & Joni, I'm happy to hear that you are safely home. It was a pleasure to meet both of you.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default NTA PREP

Quote Originally Posted by NautiBrit View Post
    Ken,
    We used to be neighbors, we lived in Laguna Niguel before moving to Arizona. I would add to your list, air filter, spark plugs, battery and brake pads. The gravel dust can wear away pads and clog a filter quickly, if they are borderline. Test your battery to make sure it's in good shape.
    Ride safe and don't worry about the birds, it's the moose that'll get you.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am expecting delivery of new K & N filter any day now. I checked the brakes when I replaced the tires, minor wear at 7000 miles. I will look at battery right away, it was not on my checklist. The spark plugs are the new Irridiums, so they are good for the distance. Will keep an eye out for Bullwinkle.
    Thanks,
    Santa Ken

Spyder Garage

Be sure to drop by and see your namesake in North Pole.

Attached Images Attached Images
    George

2017 BMW R1200R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Copied this to new thread.
    AM UNABLE to find the new thread. That trip would be a blast also. Would love to do the CABOT trail on a spyder, done it in a truck years ago, almost smoked a moose.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERGUY1 View Post
    AM UNABLE to find the new thread. That trip would be a blast also. Would love to do the CABOT trail on a spyder, done it in a truck years ago, almost smoked a moose.
    A link to the new trip blog:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ight=2017+trip

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default I "stamp" the trailer tires as PERFECT

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    By the by ....how did your trailer tires work out ???????............Mike
    Yep got 15k+ tires on the trailer since the fix last fall and the tires look like new....NICE thanks for asking
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Default St. Nick

Its on our agenda

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default TRL TIRES

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Yep got 15k+ tires on the trailer since the fix last fall and the tires look like new....NICE thanks for asking
    ......Can you tell I'm Happy for you........It sure took them long enough to get it right tho, ...Mike

Spyder Garage

Default alaska trip

sweeeeeet. i loved. suggest going across the top of the world into chicken then tok(motorcycle only campground) . if you tak the cassair then go to hyder. (just the drive is what is so great. prince william sound danalli if you have the time for a bus. you can catch the eskimo olympics mid july. followed by the 5 nation pow wow in fairbanks. founders day parade plus pancaks and orange juice. ooooh the toe drink in dawson just before you cross the yukon river.(free). el eldroado saloon,meet capt. dick and get a sourdough toe drink. great great trip by the way. walk up the glaicer at tompson pass( >?) ignore the signs and go way the heck up the side. i am happy for you that you get to go. happy riding.'
    btw. see if dave still owns the gas station,campground, rooms, resturant bar ( heaven) and he likes bikers he will kepp the bar open for you as long as you want. corner of hwy 1 and 37 yukon territory
    [SIGPIC]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Been There Done That!! (In August 2008. In cages.)
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl