Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

robmorg your a marvel.
    Finally managed to get the document. Once the Dropbox link appeared had no further problems in downloading and opening the document. Now to have a good read of what I can expect to be done to my RT. Again many thanks for your assistance mate. Regards Kenn

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

robmorg,

Once i got home last night I was able to open it. when I said I couldn't open it I was actually trying to open it from work(shh don't tell anybody. LOL)

Bill C.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robmorg View Post
    Thanks, Mac.

The hole that is cut in the side panel looks more than twice as large as the vent that is there now. Those new scoops are going to be big. Looks to me like the intake (and trim piece) for the scoop will cover where the original air deflectors used to attach. I wonder what color those scoops will be. I doubt that BRP is going to send them painted to match the panels.

New scoop is replacing a black part, so the scoop will be black (???).

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tigerdr View Post
    New scoop is replacing a black part, so the scoop will be black (???).
    Yep, I see that now. Black with chrome colored trim. I think they will look OK.
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WasWinger View Post
    Correct. It'll be interesting, or not, to hear how much more noise comes out from under the tupperware with those panels gone. They have a layer of insulation on them about 1/2" thick.

When the BRP rep showed me the photos of the fix at Spyderfest he said the air deflectors would have to be removed, but I was left with the impression there maybe was a new replacement air deflector to be installed. Obviously that is not the case.
    I already have the Vertika Scoops on my RTS and had the airbox removed and the aftermarket air filter installed. Today I removed the acoustic panels. I do not notice any additional noise or volume.
    2013 RTS SE5
    2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Nomad 1700

Spyder Garage

Yep, I see that now. Black with chrome colored trim. I think they will look OK.

BRPCares responded that its not chrome. Its black. The foreward trim is gloss black with the rest of it matte.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Looks like a lot of work to be done in just 4 hours. I sure hope it works.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    BRPCares responded that its not chrome. Its black. The foreward trim is gloss black with the rest of it matte.
    Thanks for the clarification, JC. I think that may look even better, as I'm not a big fan of "plastic chrome".
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I looked at the pic again. I guess it could be gloss black trim. If so it's really glossy as there is a lot of reflection on it! Kind of hard to tell from the pic.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    They are converting it to dead head fuel delivery? Really? I guess that's an easy way to increase fuel pressure at idle.
    After reviewing this more and watching the BRP tech videos, I think a trade-off is being made.... Keep it from getting lean at slow traffic / stopped conditions where people complain the most, yet allow it to possibly run leaner over all thus really possibly reducing engine life?

For sure a trade-off is being made here. What do you think Drew?

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

it is something that people that just turn a key and drive, not like some that know about how engines work, will most likely be happy with.
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

Default Heat recall

I just had my 2013 RT limited done for the heat recall. They added a couple of funny looking things under each mirror, but it looks good. Guess??? no more HOT pee pee hahaha. I get cool air blowing along the end of the seat.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

having your sweat throughout a ride just isn't much fun at all!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    After reviewing this more and watching the BRP tech videos, I think a trade-off is being made.... Keep it from getting lean at slow traffic / stopped conditions where people complain the most, yet allow it to possibly run leaner over all thus really possibly reducing engine life?

For sure a trade-off is being made here. What do you think Drew?

Bob
    Sorry Bob, I just noticed this...but yes, that's my thoughts too.

I honestly cannot think of any other reason to change the fueling like that.
    Most people go the other way because a return fuel setup provides more consistent fuel pressure making things easier to tune.
    My first thought has to do with emissions testing for the EPA. This would allow them to keep the lean emissions output claims at a constant test rpm, but have a richer idle/slow speed to keep things cool too.
    IMHO its kind of a backwards backyard approach, but it works....lol

All I know for sure is that the guys I know that we're having pretty significant problems, were running some super lean AFR numbers. All of them had great success with adding fuel to cool things down. There are a few different ways. This was all stuff they did over a year ago.

Either way, I'm just happy that this issue is finally old news.

Spyder Garage

Doug,

I understand how converting to a deadhead fuel system would keep things cooler at idle/slow speeds. But in lieu of that, why do you think folks are reporting slightly better mpg overall? Wishful thinking? ...or maybe BRP did accomplish some better economy via ECM re-programming?
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't know. I've never been into fuel economy. Could be any number of things....assuming there is a true significant difference.

Spyder Garage

Doug,

I understand how converting to a deadhead fuel system would keep things cooler at idle/slow speeds. But in lieu of that, why do you think folks are reporting slightly better mpg overall? Wishful thinking? ...or maybe BRP did accomplish some better economy via ECM re-programming?

Better fuel economy as all that fuel is not boiling away as vapors!

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Possibly. Don't know, but hard too believe that enough was vaporizing to cause any significant difference in mpg.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link