Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Mountain Motorsports - Marietta GA

I rode my 2013 RTS a lot in Illinois and never noticed it getting excessively hot on long rides. I thought I might have gotten lucky with my '13. Then I moved to Georgia last fall, and didn't have a problem until just recently. The last two rides, when I filled my tank after the engine is hot (and the air temps in the 80s + humidity), the gas starts boiling and leaking down the left side of the bike within minutes of me riding again. And I'm sure I put the gas cap on with 3 clicks. I have to pull over and let it cool down, and sometimes re-tighten the gas cap. I also got burns on the inside of my thighs for the first time EVER riding this thing on Saturday in the north Georgia mountains. Ugh!

So, the point of this post is... I called Josh at the Marietta GA shop yesterday morning and then took my Spyder there yesterday afternoon, so they could order the parts and the tool. He said it would probably take a few days before the parts even come in. They are the Mountain Motorsports closest to me, so if anyone is wanting to get in line, they'll have at least practiced on mine. Not sure about any of the other MMS shops in the area.
    Last edited by dsvogel; 05-28-2015 at 08:54 AM. Reason: typo

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well, I originally had to tell the dealer to go check BossWeb that the recall fix had come out tuesday and they didn't believe me. they put me on hold went and checked and were a whole nicer when they came back on the phone with the we don't have the tool and you have to bring the spyder in before we order the parts carp.

Bill C.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try what Finless has suggested...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Seems some dealers SOP is they will not order parts until they take your Spyder apart and see what is needed.

I had this happen with my set screw issue. Even though I showed them the service bulletin, showed them pictures, etc. They simply would not order the parts till they had my Spyder apart!!!!

Kind of ticked me off and in fact caused my Spyder to SIT at the dealer for 9 days vs 3 had they ordered up front!!!!

But for this recall, they should not try to use SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) and order the kits up front!
    This is what BRP said to do.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

1.5 hours after BRP announcement on Spyderlover I was at my Brampton dealer speaking the service manager updating them of the news release.

I showed them the printout .. the service manager took the time to stop, smile and help me immediately ...described the recall and ordered the parts. The machine was not required to order parts, the process went smoothly.

I think the time assigned for the repairs by BRP is not in the favour of the dealers.

For the first year I did not trust my dealer, they were new to Spyders when I purchased my 2013 rt-s.
    When I could not get this gas fuming problem solved I thought it was them.

I'd drive the machine to them once a weeks for weeks on end wiping out there service department with gas fumes when I rolled up to the back doors.

I've come to trust the service department at my dealer...not BRP.... BRP ties these peoples hand behind there backs too.

The parts were ordered 2 hours after the notice .... OK BRP.....I'll give you this one LAST CHANCE to resolve what you knew was always wrong..... not the way and where and when I drive the Spyder...

Yes... I still am pissed on how BRP was so eager to blame me (us), overfilling, driving in too hot weather, gears... on and on. Saying you drive in slow traffic... no kidding Sherlock...... it's called rush hours drive home.

I live in the province next door to where the parts come from... Friday you think... start the repairs work next week.
    My stop watch just went click

Yes!!!!

I'm still sceptical ....Bob...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm hoping that everything goes smoothly for you!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thats the bad part until this I have had high praise for my dealer. They have always done everything on time and in an orderly fashion. They were there to answer questions about any service or farkles I had installed or done, Always gave me a good deal on ordering parts(usually cheaper than I could get anywhere else.). I have spent a lot of money with them and been a satified customer and this just feels like I'm being treated like a 2nd class citizen that they don't know.

Bill C.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hi arsquatch,

Regarding the body panel portion of the campaign, you can expect to see something like this:

Ok is BRP
    going to refund the money I spent on the adjustable reflectors I bought?
    2013 Mag Silver SE5 RT BahaRon Sway bar & Sway bar links, Grip Puppies, Kuryakyn Helmet locks , Ultimate Seat w/Utopia Backrest, Dash power outlet, Spyderpops BumpSkid, Swagman Cup holders, Full size Brake Pedal, Seal DLX Floorboards, Freeway Blaster horns, Sylvania Super Bright fender LEDs, Scotchlite 680 Rear & Fender Reflectors, BRP Fog Light Kit, LED Mirror turn signal strips, 2014 RT grille mod. Outlaw Laser Alignment

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I believe that issue has been discussed.
    Unfortunately; I don't remember what the answer was!

"The memory is the second thing to go; I forgot what the first one was!"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Ok is BRP

BRPCares stated to take your receipt with you to the dealer when the recall was done and have them submit it for credit. This applied to other engine bay heat reduction work that was already done as well.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm hoping that everything goes smoothly for you!

Interesting ... not 15 minutes after my post here and less than 24 hours later after dropping by the dealer
    I got a follow up call from BRP.....just a few minutes ago... I was out.. but.....I bet they are watching everything closer than you think..lol

Just saying.....
    Last edited by condorflysu; 05-28-2015 at 10:59 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by inmate1905 View Post
    I called CFPS YESTERDAY, they do not have the parts yet. They said to call next week to check. Not sure if anyone else has the parts in the area. [emoji91]

I'm not sure that it is an "en mass" order. I think (could be wrong) that it is when the customer comes in and wants to take advantage of the recall that the parts are ordered. They come out of Georgia. My dealership, Seminole Power Sports in Sanford, will have mine this coming week. (June 3rd).

Hope this helps.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Several people local to me have called their dealer and the dealer looked it up and ordered the parts and the tool needed. They did not have to bring their Spyder in. If a dealer is telling you otherwise argue with them as the letter that was posted here does not say that.
    In fact you should print it and show them it if they won't budge. We also had a few locals call different dealers and get that answer "We have not got the parts yet". I have told them, per the letter, if the dealer is waiting for parts to automatically show up, you will be waiting a long time! They called their dealer back and told them this and the dealer then did the right thing and ordered the kits and tool.

Bob
    Agreed.

Chris

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magdave View Post
    Ok is BRP
    Post #34 here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...Campaign/page2

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My Memory thanks you...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by condorflysu View Post
    Interesting ... not 15 minutes after my post here and less than 24 hours later after dropping by the dealer
    I got a follow up call from BRP.....just a few minutes ago... I was out.. but.....I bet they are watching everything closer than you think..lol

Just saying.....
    I think you are right. BRP has a lot riding on this actually working.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

i really hope it works for all the 13 rt owners, but after all the work i did with scoops, upper and lower, and cutting out the back plastic by your feet so the heat from the radiator can go into the engine bay, i still felt the heat on my right foot. good luck people
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

On our RTs we completely fixed the right foot heat problem by directing ALL radiator exhaust down at the road rather than back toward my foot. Used a 2014 right grille and plastic cloth to cover the back side of the upper grille. Opened the duct work to blow the air down. Lower panels were removed a long time ago.

It will be interesting to see how this is dealt with as part of the recall.....

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Did I understand BRP , that the trikes will be brough back to stock , then do the recall? does this mean cat- delete pipe wraps etc, work will be returned to stock?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by R&L Limted View Post
    Did I understand BRP , that the trikes will be brough back to stock , then do the recall? does this mean cat- delete pipe wraps etc, work will be returned to stock?
    i didn't see brp say that, but the fix is most likely done for a stock bike with no changes
    NO BIKE AT THIS TIME

Spyder Garage

BRPCares was intentionally vague on the subject. I will relate what actually happens next week when Louise RT goes in for the recall. It has most everything you mention already done. Looking at the instructions to the dealer service tech, my guess is that most of what has already been done will not effect the items in the recall and in fact make it easier to perform, saving the dealer hours.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have cat cat bypass and thermal wrapped headers, I do not plan to let my dealer remove the wrap or re-install the cat converter. These two mods have helped allot with the heat issue under and around seat and glove box. My only concern is the re-map of the fuel system impacting these mods.

My my dealer has the recall kit order order. Hope to get the recall mods done next week.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Best of Luck to you; please let us know how (If at all), the modifications that you made; end up affecting the process.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Will be be sure to post the results, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    The Best of Luck to you; please let us know how (If at all), the modifications that you made; end up affecting the process.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jetmech View Post
    I have cat cat bypass and thermal wrapped headers, I do not plan to let my dealer remove the wrap or re-install the cat converter. These two mods have helped allot with the heat issue under and around seat and glove box. My only concern is the re-map of the fuel system impacting these mods.

My my dealer has the recall kit order order. Hope to get the recall mods done next week.
    I have done both of these mods as well. You should NOT have to re-install them. I agree that both of these mods together have mad a huge difference in the amount of heat coming up around the seat, as well as the heat on the fuel tank. Whatever ECM changes are part of this campaign should be compatible with both of these changes. They have had no effect on the ECM thus far, as you know. To the best of my knowledge, the only exhaust sensors that the ECM monitors are the oxygen probes up at the front of the headers near cylinders. Since nothing in the exhaust system is monitored aft of that point the ECM should be oblivious to both wrapped headers and the cat bypass.

I think that those of us who have already wrapped the headers and removed the cat, should have the best of both worlds after the fix is done. The Spyder should exhibit even less heat than those without the mods, PLUS, as has been stated earlier in this thread, BRP may even reimburse us something, through a dealer credit, for the previous work.
    Last edited by robmorg; 05-28-2015 at 04:05 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat